"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

I used to love looking at lists of teams, players, crowds, long gone teams, etc etc so I thought I'd briefly revisit that passion from another century and see who amongst our competitors have been lucky enough to triumph.

I'm slightly surprised that one or two never made it at all.

Also notable is the long look back for the others and their last big day in May.

I really would've expected a Gilzean era Dundee to have succeeded.

I guess it is in this context that 2015 is a day to be cherished and celebrated.

ICT 2015

Morton 1922

Partick Thistle 1921

Dundee 1910 

Queens Park 1893 

Apologies if I've missed any.

Good that the losses are reducing from what they were a few years ago. I'm sure the Pavarotti and Bryan Adams gigs in the summer will help us turn a profit next year.

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's a standard line for any business that makes a loss in a financial year.

Not quite. Not an accountant here but material uncertainty of going concern is more of a view based on a trend of results ie continued losses and/or a a noteable level of illiquidity. ICT are a million in the red in that respect so the accountant would need to qualify that they are happy the business can meet its liabilities in the coming year.

It doesn't mean you're about to do a Rangers but it's worth worrying about.

Do those figures include the government grant the Championship clubs got?

18 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

What was Broadfoot like last season lads?

Always available, always fully committed and really professional.

Without going all Craig Brown, I enjoyed seeing him carry out his duties in a diligent manner.

He has the occasional pass out of defence that reaches the first opposition attacker and there must be a fear that his legs are reaching the end of their useful sporting life but I have no complaints over his contribution.

19 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

He’ll stroll League one if you lot are linked with him. Certainly not graced with much pace these days but still a very solid defender at Championship level 

Rumours are Paras and QotS are in for him. He was steady enough for us. He definitely had a mistake or two in him from time to time but for the most part he was pretty solid after a shaky start to the season for most of our defence.

I see Scot Gardiner has said that there'll be no roof built on the Section 94 section as apparently having a roof on that part would inhibit the stage for the concerts...

Edited by Highland Capital

12 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Read the accounts correctly. The Tangible assets are £2,492.224

Current assets, including cash in bank, stands at £533,114

Net Assets and Total Equity, including Liabilities and creditors, is at £1,436.919

The Going Concern section you refer to does mention a loss of £235,282 before tax, but the tax loss is against a Net Asset of £1,296.248 now calculate the debt of £961,190 and deduct that from the Net Asset, and accounting will come clearer.

Bear in mind that income in the period was during the Pandemic which was a financial struggle for all clubs including your own, ICT have mentioned in the accounts that the did receive, as did your club, government financial support which as far as I can see is not contained in the accounts.

I haven't had a look at your club, Falkirk, CH filing but I'm sure they will be sound and reflect a massive profit for 2021??

21 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Read the accounts correctly. The Tangible assets are £2,492.224

Current assets, including cash in bank, stands at £533,114

Net Assets and Total Equity, including Liabilities and creditors, is at £1,436.919

The Going Concern section you refer to does mention a loss of £235,282 before tax, but the tax loss is against a Net Asset of £1,296.248 now calculate the debt of £961,190 and deduct that from the Net Asset, and accounting will come clearer.

Yeah what would Kieran McGuire know about how to analyse football club's accounts, when there's some Highland simpleton ready to circle the wagons?

Bear in mind that income in the period was during the Pandemic which was a financial struggle for all clubs including your own

The tweet that you're quoting directly contradicts that excuse, and the big, bad pandemic doesn't account for the other £5.75 million you've burned through over the years. 

Edited by vikingTON