"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 hour ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Deas or Allardice are going nowhere, unless it's to a Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen or England. Hopefully we'd want more than clubs below that financial level could afford.

I'd be ready to let Doran and Welsh both go. But ok with them being experienced backup to a younger overall squad.

I think Duffy's improved a lot, and could step into Boadfoots spot. Left and right backs both needed. Will Nicholson get ahead of Harper though?

Attacking is still where we'll need to improve the most. I'd be looking for another 2 good wingers. And a striker that might offer something different to Mackay/Samuals.

I’d like to keep Welsh as (correct me if I’m wrong) he’s still club captain and if both he and Doran leave it’ll be a fairly young squad left over. 

Carson for captain next season anyone? 

I would expect Cove Rangers to come calling sometime looking for a couple of players.

A couple of seasons back we tried to sign Megginson but couldn't match his job and part time salary, plenty of jobs in Aberdeen for a player that wants to look to his future.

44 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’d like to keep Welsh as (correct me if I’m wrong) he’s still club captain and if both he and Doran leave it’ll be a fairly young squad left over. 

Carson for captain next season anyone? 

Both have declined too much for me to be seen as starters every week. We can always bring in players with more experience.

A bit of long term team building should also be a factor. Of our better young players, they've shown what they can do. And bigger clubs will take them away. Probably within the next year for some. Just thinking it could put us in a bad spot if that coincides with having to replace our more experienced players.

Just now, Juanhourjoe said:

Both have declined too much for me to be seen as starters every week. We can always bring in players with more experience.

A bit of long term team building should also be a factor. Of our better young players, they've shown what they can do. And bigger clubs will take them away. Probably within the next year for some. Just thinking it could put us in a bad spot if that coincides with having to replace our more experienced players.

We've always had a problem in luring players north, they can get as much as we offer in the Central belt plus most have families down there.

We did Ok with Terry Butcher's reputation as Captain of England and Rangers by bringing in the likes of Watkins, but in the main we struggle. 

Mind you he also brought in some howlers.

Samuels is raw but he's hardly played first team football.  He's developed even in the short time we've had him, he can be an asset.

I think we could do with a physical striker though.  Someone like Todorov.

McAlear was never coming back let's be honest here. He's done more than enough to get a contract with a Premiership side and almost certainly has had a deal in place for a while now.

Edited by RiG

I see the club have announced that Cameron Mackay, Lewis Hyde and Danny Devine have all signed new deals.  Deals are also being offered to Sean Welsh, Aaron Doran, Shane Sutherland and Wallace Duffy.

Edited by Highland Capital

26 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I see the club have announced that Cameron Mackay, Lewis Hyde and Danny Devine have all signed new deals.  Deals are also being offered to Sean Welsh, Aaron Doran, Shane Sutherland and Wallace Duffy.

Glad we’ve offered a new deal to Shane and he’ll be supported through his injury. I personally wouldn’t have offered Doran anything but I can see why he has been offered a deal.

I reckon we have a player in Hyde and a run of games or a loan spell would do him the world of good, so glad to see he’s signed