"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Hope you’ve left Deas in Perth, won’t be fair to make him travel back up when he’ll be with us soon anyway.

If we get a decent fee for him (and I mean £300-500k) then I'd be tempted to sell him and use the money to replace him but if its a shit offer then we should tell St J to gtf until they give us a serious bid.

McAlear is another who could be Perth bound. 

Anyone know what the contract situation is like? I thought Nareys Toepoker usually kept a list but only seems to be Prem teams 

He definitely posted a championship list, might just need a bit of scrolling down his Twitter media.

I was aware that Broadfoot's wife was teaching in Ayrshire so it's no surprise he's moving, McAlear and Deas will go for sure and I can see Carson moving on, and I'm sure that a couple of others will look at a move down south, Welsh and Devine possibly.

A big overhaul required if we are to make anything next season, with no big money teams we will have a chance, but we have to avoid long winless runs which cost us so much this season.

Edited by SandyCromarty

18 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Anyone know what the contract situation is like? I thought Nareys Toepoker usually kept a list but only seems to be Prem teams 

He's posted the list on CTO:

Under Contract

Mark Ridgers
David Carson
Robbie Deas
Cameron Harper
Scott Allardice
Roddy MacGregor
Tom Walsh
Billy Mckay
Austin Samuels

Out of contract

Cammy Mackay
Danny Devine
Wallace Duffy
Harry Nicolson
Lewis Nicolson
Aaron Doran
Lewis Hyde
Sean Welsh
Shane Sutherland

Leaving

Reece McAlear (end of loan)
Logan Chalmers (end of loan)
Joe Hardy (end of loan)
Kirk Broadfoot
Ryan Fyffe (signed for Buckie Thistle)

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Under Contract

Mark Ridgers
David Carson
Robbie Deas
Cameron Harper
Scott Allardice
Roddy MacGregor
Tom Walsh
Billy Mckay
Austin Samuels

Out of contract

Cammy Mackay
Danny Devine
Wallace Duffy
Harry Nicolson
Lewis Nicolson
Aaron Doran
Lewis Hyde
Sean Welsh
Shane Sutherland

Leaving

Joe Hardy (end of loan)
Kirk Broadfoot

Ah cheers last place I’d have looked 😂

Out of contract

Cammy Mackay - Keep
Danny Devine - Keep
Wallace Duffy - Undecided
Harry Nicolson - Let go
Lewis Nicolson - Keep
Aaron Doran - Let go 🥲
Lewis Hyde - Keep
Sean Welsh - Keep
Shane Sutherland - Keep

Sadly I think it’s time for Doran to go, doesn’t seem to offer as much as he used to and I imagine he’ll be on a decent wage. 

Would love to keep Mcalear and Chalmers but can’t see it happening 

31 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Sadly I think it’s time for Doran to go, doesn’t seem to offer as much as he used to and I imagine he’ll be on a decent wage. 

The Aaron Doran Testimonial Year begins on the 18th of June with;

An Audience with the ICTFC Scottish Cup Winners.

£30 Standard Tickets and £65 Hospitality.

As far as I know a match is planned later in the year.

Quite excited to see how Samuels progresses next year - looks like a shrewd piece of business getting him on a decent length contract. The key signing next year will be a centre back. A spine of Devine - New CB, Allardice - Welsh, Samuels - Mckay has potential.

56 minutes ago, RiG said:

Under Contract

Mark Ridgers
David Carson
Robbie Deas
Cameron Harper
Scott Allardice
Roddy MacGregor
Tom Walsh
Billy Mckay
Austin Samuels

Out of contract

Cammy Mackay
Danny Devine
Wallace Duffy
Harry Nicolson
Lewis Nicolson
Aaron Doran
Lewis Hyde
Sean Welsh
Shane Sutherland

Leaving

Joe Hardy (end of loan)
Kirk Broadfoot

I’d be looking to offer contracts to every one of those out of contract players who’ve been regular this season. Cammy Mackay is a more than able deputy to Ridgers also.

Danny Devine has confirmed he’s in talks over a new deal and wants to stay which is magic news.

You’d worry there will be clubs in for Deas, Carson and Allardice

Ye I would be happy to see all the first team players out of contact get new deals but equally wouldn’t be that disappointed if any left. 

Hoping the long term injuries to Allardice and Macgregor have maybe taken them off the radar for potential suitors. 

Priorities to sign for me would be: 

Right back (starter and cover)

Left back (Starter and Harper can cover) 

Centre Half (Cover) 

A winger or two (depending on length of Shanes injury and if Doran stays/goes)

And a striker or two 

I think a CB pairing of Deas and Devine would be pretty good, unless Harper improves defensively then we definitely need another LB in. 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Would love to keep Mcalear and Chalmers but can’t see it happening 

I was saying much the same to @ICTChris last night. As much as I love Doran it was a little sad to see the game just pass him by after he came on last night. Arguably it could have been tactics as we went more route one but he doesn't influence games like he used to and it's hard to justify giving him a new deal.

Already expecting McAlear to sign for Ross County.

8 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Priorities to sign for me would be: 

Right back (starter and cover)

Left back (Starter and Harper can cover) 

Centre Half (Cover) 

A winger or two (depending on length of Shanes injury and if Doran stays/goes)

And a striker or two 

I think a CB pairing of Deas and Devine would be pretty good, unless Harper improves defensively then we definitely need another LB in. 

Agree with that but add a starting CB to that as well. Deas will be away unfortunately 

10 minutes ago, RiG said:

I was saying much the same to @ICTChris last night. As much as I love Doran it was a little sad to see the game just pass him by after he came on last night. Arguably it could have been tactics as we went more route one but he doesn't influence games like he used to and it's hard to justify giving him a new deal.

Still think Doran could do a job more central. 

23 minutes ago, RiG said:

Yeah totally agree, a few times this season I’ve felt like games have passed him by a bit and maybe he’s just lost that turn of pace he once had. I’ll be gutted because he’s been a great servant to the club but needs must 

Mcalear to County is almost a dead cert 😂

Deas or Allardice are going nowhere, unless it's to a Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen or England. Hopefully we'd want more than clubs below that financial level could afford.

I'd be ready to let Doran and Welsh both go. But ok with them being experienced backup to a younger overall squad.

I think Duffy's improved a lot, and could step into Boadfoots spot. Left and right backs both needed. Will Nicholson get ahead of Harper though?

Attacking is still where we'll need to improve the most. I'd be looking for another 2 good wingers. And a striker that might offer something different to Mackay/Samuals.

4 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Quite excited to see how Samuels progresses next year - looks like a shrewd piece of business getting him on a decent length contract. The key signing next year will be a centre back. A spine of Devine - New CB, Allardice - Welsh, Samuels - Mckay has potential.

Samuels very annoying to play against and has something about him too. Should do well next season