"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

On 13/05/2022 at 23:43, Caley Shaun said:

Be honest fellow Caley Jaggies, did anyone see this scenario during our dreadful winless run or even tonight when we went down to NINE men, though these were totally ABYSMAL decisions!!?

We all know Billy has made mistakes this season, be it personnel or tactics but I think we have to credit him for this achievement because its nothing short of remarkable!

He's inexperienced yet he's got us the furthest to promotion ahead of experienced Neil McCann and John Robertson.

Just let that sink in 😁.

He has to learn to manage men correctly, the other night he was behaving like a mad fan screaming and shouting, shouting Feck off to Ridgers will get him nowhere and have an adverse effect on players, a managers job is done during the weeks training and if he has the players respect then they will do as he asks.

During that winless run at one point Billy commentated that the players were not following his orders on the park, the answer for that lies with the manager.

Alex Ferguson before a game entered the changing room stepped inside that wee rope and gave a five minute, no more, booster talk and then left the room.

Jock Stein on one of his pre match changing room visits said, 'when we go four up, gie the ball to Jimmy', and walked out, imagine the players reaction to that.

All that running up and down screaming at players is useless and as you said shows inexperience.

A Supervisors/Managers greatest tool is to listen and encourage, the job is so much easier then.

On 13/05/2022 at 23:43, Caley Shaun said:

Be honest fellow Caley Jaggies, did anyone see this scenario during our dreadful winless run or even tonight when we went down to NINE men, though these were totally ABYSMAL decisions!!?

We all know Billy has made mistakes this season, be it personnel or tactics but I think we have to credit him for this achievement because its nothing short of remarkable!

He's inexperienced yet he's got us the furthest to promotion ahead of experienced Neil McCann and John Robertson.

Just let that sink in 😁.

Nope. During that winless run I was starting to look down the table rather than up it. Been some effort from the players and Dodds and they all deserve massive credit. It would be pretty incredible if we can do it but I'm not counting my chickens just yet although I will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we do obviously.

On 15/05/2022 at 14:22, SandyCromarty said:

He has to learn to manage men correctly, the other night he was behaving like a mad fan screaming and shouting, shouting Feck off to Ridgers will get him nowhere and have an adverse effect on players, a managers job is done during the weeks training and if he has the players respect then they will do as he asks.

During that winless run at one point Billy commentated that the players were not following his orders on the park, the answer for that lies with the manager.

Alex Ferguson before a game entered the changing room stepped inside that wee rope and gave a five minute, no more, booster talk and then left the room.

Jock Stein on one of his pre match changing room visits said, 'when we go four up, gie the ball to Jimmy', and walked out, imagine the players reaction to that.

All that running up and down screaming at players is useless and as you said shows inexperience.

A Supervisors/Managers greatest tool is to listen and encourage, the job is so much easier then.

C'mon Sandy, admit you got it wrong.

It's a nobel thing to change and it's honourable to declare it.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

C'mon Sandy, admit you got it wrong.

It's a nobel thing to change and it's honourable to declare it.

What I will acknowledge is that he contained himself professionally last night and he was rewarded with that result which bodes well.

However, as he admitted in his interview, he got that first half formation so terribly wrong, that was a very honest admission and as we saw his correction for the second half paid off.

On 21/05/2022 at 12:26, sophia said:

I'd just be happy with some peace from anti Dodds diatribes 

I've already admitted that Billy deserves credit for the turnaround ever since the Arbroath 3-0 day so I echo Sophia and say that it's now about time the Anti BD bridgade gave it a rest now, this is his first managerial job so he's going to make mistakes which he will learn hard lessons from and boy is he getting rewarded now, in fact it shows that the players were still playing for him, there was certainly no loss of the dressing room scenario. 

This is the season for rookie managers because look at Thomas Courts, there was mass outcry within Utd support (one of which was my bro) when he got appointed yet now their in EUROPE!

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

I did also think about this. The bonus of working from home.

Sadly it's an office day for me. Already been asked by two people if I know anything about the Strongbow that's stored in the fridge.

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Best of luck for tonight guys, it would be great to have another Highland club at the top of Scottish football.

St J are a horrible away day, absolutely soulless a ground and a club who seem to always play trudged football. It would be great if you could relegate them.

I recall Uncle Royston recently declaring that he would put the best interests of Highland football first and he then promptly voted in the best interests of himself.

That was one of his precious rules denied.

It is this context I declare an appreciation for your moment of epiphany and your implication that the Caley are box office.

Thanks again for your kind words

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m calling it right now. He’s signing for us. And I’m not entirely sure how I’d feel about it.

His legs are wobbling.

That, of course, is too harsh, despite his advancing years and his semi regular measured pass straight to the opposition, he has been nothing if not determinedly professional in his approach throughout each and every ninety minutes.

He goes with thanks and best wishes.