"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

It's a strange one, he has been the embodiment of our season; blistering for the first 8 games, fucking horseshit from then until the end of February, then he's been unplayable the last 6-8 weeks, scoring nearly every game.

5 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Joe Hardy has a large football brain

I’m a fan of hardy. He’s done well in the very limited time he’s had on the pitch. Though it is the wrong time of the season to think about starting him I think. McKay and Sutherland have to be the starters.

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

I’m a fan of hardy. He’s done well in the very limited time he’s had on the pitch. Though it is the wrong time of the season to think about starting him I think. McKay and Sutherland have to be the starters.

Originally thought he'd be a poacher in the Mckay mould and was pretty unimpressed - but his main strength seems to be that he's really good at using the ball and moving it on quickly with one and two touch flicks etc. A nice option to have as he showed for our second tonight.

34 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Originally thought he'd be a poacher in the Mckay mould and was pretty unimpressed - but his main strength seems to be that he's really good at using the ball and moving it on quickly with one and two touch flicks etc. A nice option to have as he showed for our second tonight.

Yeah I thought the same as you. If you have him and Samuels on the bench it gives you good options. One has pace who can stretch teams and the other can come short. They’d probably work quite well up front as a 2 actually.

With Celtic getting an extra 1-2 million for Ryan Christie’s Bournemouth reaching the premier league, I assume ICT will get a healthy cut too? 

10 minutes ago, RossP said:

With Celtic getting an extra 1-2 million for Ryan Christie’s Bournemouth reaching the premier league, I assume ICT will get a healthy cut too? 

I think the only clause we got was a sell on one.

2 hours ago, RossP said:

Celtic got 2 Million from Bournemouth.

As far as I can see Ryan didn't make the Bournemouth POY list, which is surprising and I'm sure none of those nominated has his Eurropean experience in football.

Think the club really lacked preparation for this game. We’ve had far bigger crowds than that before and yet only opened one gate. I know the club advised people to arrive early but even so, that queue was ridiculous long before kick off and even longer after it.

The stewarding was ridicoulous. Searching (and I use that word loosely) everyone into the north stand when the game was kicking off and the aforementioned queue was swinging round in-front of the main stand was absolutely ridiculous.

I nearly had a bit of a run in at the end of the game with one of the stewards as well. As is often the case, I went down the front of the North Stand at full time to applaud the players off, only to then be (admittedly fairly lightly) pushed back by a steward and told to “get away from the wall”. He said he had “every right he needed” to touch me when I told him not to. Is this true? I was always under the impression they can’t handle lay a finger on you without proper training which I doubt these stewards had. He then proceeded to tell the same “get away from the wall” line to a guy in a wheelchair, some kids and another fellow who told him where to go. Hopefully we see a big improvement in game management from the club side of things for the Arbroath game and the one after if we get there.

Edited by Highland Capital

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Think the club really lacked preparation for this game. We’ve had far bigger crowds than that before and yet only opened one gate. I know the club advised people to arrive early but even so, that queue was ridiculous long before kick off and even longer after it.

The stewarding was ridicoulous. Searching (and I use that word loosely) everyone into the north stand when the game was kicking off and the aforementioned queue was swinging round in-front of the main stand was absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah it was a shambles outside the ground yesterday. It left me thinking, when driving past to park at magnet, that we somehow could have been close to a sell out. I’ve never seen the queue to get in the North Stand that big.

Why on Earth the North Stand car park wasn’t open either, the “away” car park is always full, especially this season, and it seemed like a last minute panic decision to finally let cars in the north with about 15 mins until kick off.

4 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Yeah it was a shambles outside the ground yesterday. It left me thinking, when driving past to park at magnet, that we somehow could have been close to a sell out. I’ve never seen the queue to get in the North Stand that big.

Why on Earth the North Stand car park wasn’t open either, the “away” car park is always full, especially this season, and it seemed like a last minute panic decision to finally let cars in the north with about 15 mins until kick off.

When I came round under the bridge and saw the queue I thought much the same - that the turnout was much higher than expected and as I got towards the stadium I could see that the queue wasn't just stretching to the start of the car park but hooking round towards the Main Stand.  It wasn't even that big a turn-out though - I didn't hear the attendance but I'd imagine it was about 4,000ish.  We've had nearly double that plenty of times in the past.

I got the impression a lot of the stewards last night were very inexperienced.  The pat down at the turnstile was like that GIF you see on here sometimes but was frustratingly holding up the line.  I even saw a steward running after someone into the North Stand so they could be "searched" - seemed completely pointless and just held the line up even more.

I assume the club don't have enough turnstile operators and/or machines but I don't think there was much foresight at all.  We haven't opened the gates either before or after the game at the bridge end of the North Stand since pre-pandemic - why? 

Edited by Highland Capital

Anyone know how Roddy MacGregor went from playing a full 90 minutes the other Friday to fracturing his jaw and missing the rest of the season by Tuesday?

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Anyone know how Roddy MacGregor went from playing a full 90 minutes the other Friday to fracturing his jaw and missing the rest of the season by Tuesday?

A right hook from Billy Dodds imo.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

According to reports it's a hairline fracture which I suspect would have been from a flying elbow. Goes with the territory as we have all had one in the chops when playing.