"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

3 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

This is what the clubs agreed to when TV deals are accepted

So that means the fans who actually want to go to the game can’t complain?

Edit - and the TV companies could easily have at least one of the legs in each round on a weekend if they wanted to.

Edited by PB1994

57 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

So that means the fans who actually want to go to the game can’t complain?

Edit - and the TV companies could easily have at least one of the legs in each round on a weekend if they wanted to.

Complain all you want, fact is the clubs and the SPFL don't care, they would all prefer the Sky (and in this case) BBC cash.

There will be reasons cited why games can't be moved to other days, not saying I agree with the scheduling but nothing will change so we as fans just need to choose to either make arrangements best we can to attend or to stay home.

I remember the same complaints every time we played a cup semi final. Its the same arguments fans of other clubs make every season too - yet its years down the line and nothing has changed, scheduling is the same and these games are in the same days/time slots as we had. Do those at the top (or even in our clubs listen) - do they f**k because they want that % of TV cash.

3 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Complain all you want, fact is the clubs and the SPFL don't care, they would all prefer the Sky (and in this case) BBC cash.

There will be reasons cited why games can't be moved to other days, not saying I agree with the scheduling but nothing will change so we as fans just need to choose to either make arrangements best we can to attend or to stay home.

I remember the same complaints every time we played a cup semi final. Its the same arguments fans of other clubs make every season too - yet its years down the line and nothing has changed, scheduling is the same and these games are in the same days/time slots as we had. Do those at the top (or even in our clubs listen) - do they f**k because they want that % of TV cash.

I’m not complaining. I’m saying those that do have a fair point, mainly about the final second leg being on a Monday, which I think has only happened once?

Im guessing here but I imagine these games are already included in the tv deal so you don’t make any extra cash from it being on tv. The main source of income for championship clubs, especially, so having Friday and Monday games is probably not ideal.

People who complain about semi finals are morons as it’s a completely different situation. They are always played at early/late times plus it is always on a weekend so nothing to moan about.

CINCH PREMIERSHIP PLAY-OFFS

Tuesday May 3
cinch Premiership play-off quarter-final, 1st leg 
4th in Championship v 3rd in Championship
Live on BBC Scotland, kick-off 7.05pm

Friday May 6
cinch Premiership play-off quarter-final, 2nd leg
3rd in Championship v 4th in Championship
Live on BBC Scotland, kick-off 7.45pm

Why on earth do we have two different kick off times for these games when they're both on the same TV channel?

On 18/04/2022 at 18:57, PB1994 said:

He got quite the haul from the stadium before he was told he was no longer needed. I’ve seen him trying to flog loads of stuff for an absolute fortune.

I don't think he was ever on contract to the club but just was working on a volunteer basis.

Strange that he feels he has ownership and now wants money.

Here's what he had to say on CTO back in 2019;

I have the Scottish Cup pitch flag gathering dust in a cupboard and have been talking to some people about what would be the best thing to do with it.

The two main suggestions were that...I should auction it as a complete flag....or that I should cut it into sections and frame them so lots of people can get a piece of it as a memento.

And then on a later post he adds;

For those suggesting I give the flag away.  I'll never, ever recover what I have invested in it and the club has already had my "donation".

Does this mean the donation was what he paid for the flag or has he taken it as some sort of reward for volunteering.

Odd sort of attitude over a flag that was probably supplied by the SFA. 

On 27/04/2022 at 09:00, RiG said:
On 26/04/2022 at 16:48, SandyCromarty said:

Why on earth do we have two different kick off times for these games when they're both on the same TV channel?

Heard they had to enter into detailed and protracted negotiations with EUFA, Liverpool and Villarreal so there was only a partial clash of viewing times......

22 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I don't think he was ever on contract to the club but just was working on a volunteer basis.

Strange that he feels he has ownership and now wants money.

Here's what he had to say on CTO back in 2019;

I have the Scottish Cup pitch flag gathering dust in a cupboard and have been talking to some people about what would be the best thing to do with it.

The two main suggestions were that...I should auction it as a complete flag....or that I should cut it into sections and frame them so lots of people can get a piece of it as a memento.

And then on a later post he adds;

For those suggesting I give the flag away.  I'll never, ever recover what I have invested in it and the club has already had my "donation".

Does this mean the donation was what he paid for the flag or has he taken it as some sort of reward for volunteering.

Odd sort of attitude over a flag that was probably supplied by the SFA. 

He flogged Nick Ross's cup final shirt on Facebook a while ago.  Why didn't Ross get his own shirt or at least his sponsor or his family?  Find it hard to believe that he (and Tarmo Kink) would just hand it over to the club's Twitter guy to flog to line his own pockets.

Edited by Highland Capital

29 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

He flogged Nick Ross's cup final shirt on Facebook a while ago.  Why didn't Ross get his own shirt or at least his sponsor or his family?  Find it hard to believe that he (and Tarmo Kink) would just hand it over to the club's Twitter guy to flog to line his own pockets.

It was the spare shirts that he managed to get. I’m sure the “match worn” ones were kept by the players.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Sounds he was some sort of Groupie type hanging about the club and giving the impression he was part of the club infrastructure.

Odd behaviour in profiteering.

Obviously he was never a fan of the club.

Edited by SandyCromarty

42 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Sounds he was some sort of Groupie type hanging about the club and giving the impression he was part of the club infrastructure.

Odd behaviour in profiteering.

Obviously he was never a fan of the club.

I can think of at least 5 of our fans who that describes.

16 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I can think of at least 5 of our fans who that describes.

From my point of view they cannot be fans like ourselves if they attempt to make money out of the club.

Disgusting behaviour and the club should take steps to ban them.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

From my point of view they cannot be fans like ourselves if they attempt to make money out of the club.

Disgusting behaviour and the club should take steps to ban them.

Given our low footfall, I'm not sure we should be banning anybody...........although I'd make an exception for anyone with a ST who celebrates either internally or externally when we concede in games against the OF.

7 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Given our low footfall, I'm not sure we should be banning anybody...........although I'd make an exception for anyone with a ST who celebrates either internally or externally when we concede in games against the OF.

I did that once when I won £500 off it.