"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

34 minutes ago, sophia said:

The what looked to this viewer as a stonewall penalty not given?

1-3 and the game is done.

That said, losing Doran to be replaced in the middle by a player who didn't seem to have the same effectiveness.

That said you can thank Dodds for that as reality bites.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Back to the usual disappointment again this evening it seems :(

Looks like we are going to have to win 6 games to get promoted. I doubt we've even been good in 6 games this season so far. So that looks promising.

Appreciate your optimism and like you I was thankful for those three victories in a row, but fact is we should have had those wins back when we were getting defeat after defeat, that would have provided the impetus to challenge Killie, but now again we are struggling and in all reality promotion looks unlikely, if  we cannot improve on a 2 - 0 lead after 13 minutes and end up with a 2-2 draw against a bottom championship team what chance do we have against the likes of St Johnstone?

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

So with that do you agree with me that Dodds and his staff have to go?

No, no I don't as I don't see the world in such a fashion.

The reality of this league is that ICT are within a place of where they might expect to be and Lafferty FC are exactly where they should be.

Whether we get promoted or not is down to performances from here and of course whoever finishes eleventh in the top league has a great advantage.

Why all the rage?

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As an outsider I'd be suprised if Dodds lasts beyond the summer if you guys dont make the Prem. Twice you've drew 2-2 with us at Somerset after being in the lead. That in itself is criminal 

Did you not also come from 1-0 down to beat us 2-1 up in Inverness a few months ago?

Did you not also come from 1-0 down to beat us 2-1 up in Inverness a few months ago?

Nah we were 2-0 up and cruising and one of your young lads hit a cross that went over our goalies head and went in the net.

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nah we were 2-0 up and cruising and one of your young lads hit a cross that went over our goalies head and went in the net.

Oh aye, that was it. Still it was a very comfortable away win and an awful home performance. Par for the course for us this season.

14 hours ago, sophia said:

No, no I don't as I don't see the world in such a fashion.

The reality of this league is that ICT are within a place of where they might expect to be and Lafferty FC are exactly where they should be.

Whether we get promoted or not is down to performances from here and of course whoever finishes eleventh in the top league has a great advantage.

Why all the rage?

You cannot base anything in life on expectation, to succeed in all sport you have to have positive motivation.

No rage whatsoever, more like disappointment that my team could not capitalise and win after scoring two goals.

By your tone it seems you are suggesting that we fans should celebrate or applaud that as that is what we should expect.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

When did he even play for us?  15-16 season?  It was around then.

He was our only first team signing the summer before the cup final win season and barely played but he was on the bench that day.  Didn't leave until we were relegated three years later!

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

He was our only first team signing the summer before the cup final win season and barely played but he was on the bench that day.  Didn't leave until we were relegated three years later!

Shudder.

7 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Just looked at the Wiki article for that season.

Transfers in - Ryan Baptie, Lewis Horner, Eddie Ofere, Tarmo Kink and Ibra Sekajja. Yikes!

Hard to think of a worse transfer window from our time in the top tier. That said, the team at that time was exceptionally strong so we were in a reasonably unique position of not having to replace too many players.

I remember Baptie was signed from Hibs - he looked good in the U20s but wanted back down the road and I don't think ever made the bench for the first team.  Ofere was a good signing.  Horner, Kink and Sekajja were absolute pish.

Edited by Highland Capital

Yeah Ofere was good and whilst Baptie had potential he wasn't given a look in really. I think he plays at Penicuik Athletic or something like that.