"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

17 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Highland Council think the land could be of better use being used for something else *allegedly*.

Hmmm, not really any of their business considering it is private land.

I don’t mind the current location of the stadium but I wouldn’t be against a move as the ground itself is pretty shite.

35 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Hmmm, not really any of their business considering it is private land.

I don’t mind the current location of the stadium but I wouldn’t be against a move as the ground itself is pretty shite.

Unless the council wanted to buy it I suppose.  Did Asda not look at buying the land years ago?  If we could sell it all off to someone on the agreement they'd build the new stadium like St Johnstone did then I'd probably be pretty happy with that.

I too don't mind the location really but the stadium is pretty garbage.  Just a soulless box with almost no thought for fan enjoyment.  My preference would be renovate the stadium big-time but the chances of that happening any time soon are probably even slimmer than moving.  If we did move, I can't say I'd really miss it.

Edited by Highland Capital

7 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Unless the council wanted to buy it I suppose.  Did Asda not look at buying the land years ago?  If we could sell it all off to someone on the agreement they'd build the new stadium like St Johnstone did then I'd probably be pretty happy with that.

I too don't mind the location really but the stadium is pretty garbage.  Just a soulless box with almost no thought for fan enjoyment.  My preference would be renovate the stadium big-time but the chances of that happening any time soon are probably even slimmer than moving.  If we did move, I can't say I'd really miss it.

The club must be getting a decent wedge from the builders using the car park to house all the stuff for that Marriott that’s being built?

4 minutes ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

The club must be getting a decent wedge from the builders using the car park to house all the stuff for that Marriott that’s being built?

Gotten over a million pounds for it allegedly.

6 hours ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

Apparently it keeps getting extended as it’s fallen behind schedule, as most construction work does, and the club have basically said no worries but it’s going to cost you more a month to use our car park and they’ve agreed. 

30k a month is a figure I’ve heard. 

9 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Where would a new location be?  Bught would be fantastic but can't imagine that happening.

I'm sure there'd be room south of the bught. Around the new tulloch homes.

Despite not being what a lot of people like about a stadium. I've always preferred the layout of our ground. It just could be used better.

I thought it was Barids Maltings that were storing stuff in the car park?

Both car parks are zoned for development in Highland Councils latest (or proposed) LDP.

A central location would be fantastic but I don't see how it's feasible. There's no site in town that has a big enough footprint to cope with a stadium and any ancillary works for roads, car park etc.

Edited by RiG

Aye its the maltings round the corner that are using the carpark to store stuff for their extension being built.  It's a tricky one for the club;  200 cars paying £3 two or three match days a month, or (apparently) £30,000 a month from Bairds.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I thought it was Barids Maltings that were storing stuff in the car park?

Both car parks are zoned for development in Highland Councils latest (or proposed) LDP.

A central location would be fantastic but I don't see how it's feasible. There's no site in town that has a big enough footprint to cope with a stadium and any ancillary works for roads, car park etc.

Nail on the head re roads, the present stadium location suits visiting football traffic straight off the A9, to relocate say to a site along the SDR would bring serious objections from the police, if, and it's a big if, we return to the Premier we would have much larger visiting fan contingencies. Presently visiting fans have no real serious impact on the City's infrastructure.

I thought the car parks still belong to Tulloch? 

In the 2019 deal we got the stadium, stands and front car park, so have the side car parks reverted to ICT since then?

There's been retail development plans just immediately south of Tesco Inshes for years and all along there have been major objections against it so that one is dragging on, then just north of Tesco and right off the SDR Lidl bought the land for houses and one of their shops and that's been knocked back, seems like everybody and his dog wants to build houses and shops, I see Cawdor not content with Tornagrain now wants to build 300 houses and a golf course at Delnies outside Nairn.

Relocate a Football Stadium??

The area behind Rollerbowl is the Inverness Royal Academy's playing fields for football and rugby. It's not going to be for a stadium, it's being looked at for an ICT community use facility for the community trust, women's team and other community type use. This will allow them presumably to access sources of grants and other funding that would not be accessible if it were for first team/commercial use. Not sure if that means it couldn't be let out for amateur or youth teams to use.

Personally I think it would be great if that could happen. The land is pretty much flat but there would need to be drainage works done as in particular the back pitches were pretty boggy as I recall from my high school days playing there. 

ETA- the fields are essentially unused now as there are 2 full size astros now built with the new Academy building. 

Edited by Fraz

While not everyone may like the location of stadium

• Easy transport links directly onto the A9
  • 20 min walk from town centre which has both train & bus hubs
  • Plenty parking not just at the stadium (which TBH hardly anyone uses) but also in the surrounding areas as industrial estate use never coincidences with wknd or evening use

There's probably nowhere else that offers the same infrastructure that either has available land or development potential which the club could afford to transform.

Perhaps the bigger issue is the stadium (not the structure) but the club is not developing the experience - perhaps introducing a fanzone with some outdoor stalls selling drinks, beer and various foods (perhaps from local suppliers) with entertainment and screens pre-match might be an idea. Get something that fans want to arrive a bit earlier or stay around later. Football has to move forwards and understand its not just the on pitch product people want now (especially the fair weather fan) it needs to be a full, value for money experience worth repeating for more than just loyalty.

Does the club need the two car parks anymore?  I suppose the argument is that a more central location would mean there'd be less parking needed in the vicinity anyway as more folk would park centrally or just walk down anyway.  Losing Bught Park as a green space would be a blow for the town but I'm trying to think of other areas that might work.  

What about that area between Drakies and the Distributor Road by the police station?  I imagine it's already earmarked for houses but I reckon a stadium could probably fit in the there.  Would buying or sharing and then renovating the Highland Rugby ground or the old shinty pitch down the Bught be an option?  The stand on that shinty ground already holds about 1,000 as a recall.

Another spot I can think of is the site of the old Longman college building but moving there, while a more central spot, would just seem a bit pointless.

Edited by Highland Capital

44 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Does the club need the two car parks anymore?  I suppose the argument is that a more central location would mean there'd be less parking needed in the vicinity anyway as more folk would park centrally or just walk down anyway.  Losing Bught Park as a green space would be a blow for the town but I'm trying to think of other areas that might work.  

What about that area between Drakies and the Distributor Road by the police station?  I imagine it's already earmarked for houses but I reckon a stadium could probably fit in the there.  Would buying or sharing and then renovating the Highland Rugby ground or the old shinty pitch down the Bught be an option?  The stand on that shinty ground already holds about 1,000 as a recall.

Another spot I can think of is the site of the old Longman college building but moving there, while a more central spot, would just seem a bit pointless.

I think that land by the police station and Drakies is due to become a shop? I’m sure the locals were causing a bit of uproar as they were wanting to put a road from the distributor through to come out directly across from the school.

Edited by PB1994

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I think that land by the police station and Drakies is due to become a shop? I’m sure the locals were causing a bit of uproar as they were wanting to put a road from the distributor through to come out directly across from the school.

Aye it was to be a Lidl and 30 houses but I believe the planning permission was rejected.