"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

13 hours ago, sophia said:

If it is the settled will that B Dodds is not long for his job, I wonder just how his time should stretch.

Given recent appointments and structure, probably until someone with (at least one or more of) a Hearts, Dundee or Rangers connection becomes available, however its unlikely BD will go anywhere unless he walks regardless of what we fans think.

He will have had a remit to work at balancing the books while being competitive and try get promoted - right now being 2nd with 14 to go (as stated) is still play-off's, therefore until we are either out of the top 4 with no hope of the play-off (unlikely) nothing will change. In the event of a play-off loss at any stage will just be seen as 'unlucky' and a platform to build on next season (somewhat papering over the cracks and failings).

39 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Given recent appointments and structure, probably until someone with (at least one or more of) a Hearts, Dundee or Rangers connection becomes available, however its unlikely BD will go anywhere unless he walks regardless of what we fans think.

Agree with this, I think we’ll have Dodds til the end of the season and beyond. We could be down in 7th/8th and he’d still be in a job I reckon so if he has us sitting 2nd (no matter how bad we’re playing at the moment) he’s not getting sacked anytime soon

14 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Genuine question, what planet are you on? 

I'm so terribly sorry, I fear that my contribution and your response indicates different spheres.

I was simply deploying my power of sarcasm to associate calls for a change in manager with the narcissism of a chairman who similarly indulged himself.

18 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Agree with this, I think we’ll have Dodds til the end of the season and beyond. We could be down in 7th/8th and he’d still be in a job I reckon so if he has us sitting 2nd (no matter how bad we’re playing at the moment) he’s not getting sacked anytime soon

Glad to see you agree 

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It's been suggested that he asked St Mirren to be recalled.  Unforgivable from Dodds playing Duku ahead of him every week.

Agree, we've all been asking the question of Duku having a start over Jamieson and I can't blame the lad for asking a move, the final straw would have been putting two untried loans on in the Pars game when Jamieson had the better potential of making a difference.

Poor man management.

5 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

He will have had a remit to work at balancing the books while being competitive and try get promoted - right now being 2nd with 14 to go (as stated) is still play-off's, therefore until we are either out of the top 4 with no hope of the play-off (unlikely) nothing will change. In the event of a play-off loss at any stage will just be seen as 'unlucky' and a platform to build on next season (somewhat papering over the cracks and failings).

4 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I agree with you both, this weekends game will define the way forward as far as promotion is concerned, if we are defeated, which I think will happen, excuses will be broadcast, but as we all know excuses are like arseholes, we've all got one and they all smell.

He played for Brentford's B team for a few years - Brentford stopped their youth teams and instead put together a B squad and played regular games against lower league clubs or Premiership reserve teams.  He, apparently, scored 40 goals in 80 of these games and was signed by Liverpool on teh back of it.  Sadly he couldn't dislodge Mo Salah from the ANfield starting lineup so signed for Accrington Stanley and now us.

Here's Brentford coach ex-Hearts and Airdrie ace Neil McFarlane on him when he left to sign for Liverpool.

"Joe has been here for a number of years and last year he had a pretty fruitful season in terms of being the top goal scorer and playing a number of games.

"He's perhaps come to the end of his time with the club in terms of the strategy, and to go to a club the size of Liverpool can only be good for him. The club are flying at the moment, they're European champions, and potential Premier League winners, so being in and around that environment can only be good for Joe. He's certainly going from an environment here that has prepared him properly.

"We've said it in recent months, that not all of our players will go on to play for Brentford's first team, but what we want to do is give them a career and this is a step forward in Joe's career and his mind to go to Liverpool and compete with the under-23 group and see where it takes him."

As is tradition for a new signing, here is a Youtube highlight video

Edited by ICTChris

16 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Looking forward to seeing Joe get 5 minute cameos after watching Manny Duku stumble around like a headless chicken for 85 mins

This is exactly what will happen.

Dodds is one of these managers who will always play the players he's signed over youngsters who have been at the club for years or loanees who belong to another club.

11 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

A loan signing who's 23 and never made a first team appearance?  Don't get too excited folks!

He's obviously better than Duku.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

A loan signing who's 23 and never made a first team appearance?  Don't get too excited folks!

We live in hope.

Story goes that a guy was jogging past the stadium the other morning, Dodds was getting out of his car and said to the guy, 'You look fit, can you kick a ball'..................................................................................