"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

22 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Billy Mckay's one of the best strikers in the league and should be getting more goals than he is - the quality of service and off the ball running from others to create space is so poor

Partially agree, the service is very poor but BM is nothing more than an experienced player who is probably at his level now heading towards the end of his career, he's not and never has been a guy to create something from nothing which teams in this level strive for.

Still too many ICT fans who pull on the rose tinted glasses looking at players whether to return (as if they will be a saviour) or expecting one day they will stride back into previous great form - Sutherland (still mentions of potential), Doran (when he's fully fit - FFS the guy hasn't been fully fit for almost 5 years!!!) are all other examples.

BD lacks ideas its clear or lacks the personnel to implement them (which has has to take responsibility for and either adapt of recruit better), but we also need a clear out throughout the coaching staff - too many stale ideas . No disrespect to them but we need to refresh and develop with new ideas. Every year we stagnate in the Championship is another year we weaken slightly more in terms of budget and ability to draw better talent.

Billy Mckay has been excellent this season since he got up to full fitness even when he hasn't been scoring. There's always been more to his game than goals. And I can't recall the last time I saw any ICT fans suggest that Sutherland had "potential". 

7 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Doran’s been a great player for the club but I think he shouldn’t be offered another deal when the time comes (unless his form improves drastically) far too injury prone and doesn’t really offer much these days 

It's a waste of a wage to be blunt about it.  Paying the guy 40k a year and more probably, with no return on the park.

He's been a great servant to us and if we had a HoF we would be at the top table, but enough is enough I'm afraid.  We can't afford to keep paying players who never play.

It's a waste of a wage to be blunt about it.  Paying the guy 40k a year and more probably, with no return on the park.
He's been a great servant to us and if we had a HoF we would be at the top table, but enough is enough I'm afraid.  We can't afford to keep paying players who never play.

He always seems to do well against us tbf. I thought he, Gardyne and Walsh caused us all sorts of bother in the last game at Somerset.

How’s Walsh been in general? Was injured early on for us last season then when he came back he didn’t really look interested which was shame as he was kind of our big signing.

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He always seems to do well against us tbf. I thought he, Gardyne and Walsh caused us all sorts of bother in the last game at Somerset.

How’s Walsh been in general? Was injured early on for us last season then when he came back he didn’t really look interested which was shame as he was kind of our big signing.

He’s been poor. Seems slower than the first time he was here and his delivery has gotten worse. 

What to heck did you guys do to him brother?!

He’s been poor. Seems slower than the first time he was here and his delivery has gotten worse. 

What to heck did you guys do to him brother?!

f**k knows. Had an absolute stormer against Albion Rovers and went off injured towards the end though. I don’t think Kerr quite knew what to do with him tbh. We had him, Zanatta and McCowan who are all wide players and he tried to play them all at the same time which never worked. Walsh would end up at a LW or on occasion as a number 10 which I don’t think is his game as he seems more comfy on the right side where he can get crosses in.

After Hopkin came in, I don’t think he played at all tbh. A real shame as I thought he’d be a star man for us but he wasn’t really the player we needed at that time.

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Definitely agree, as one of our more senior players he’ll not be on buttons and that moneys better used elsewhere.

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

f**k knows. Had an absolute stormer against Albion Rovers and went off injured towards the end though. I don’t think Kerr quite knew what to do with him tbh. We had him, Zanatta and McCowan who are all wide players and he tried to play them all at the same time which never worked. Walsh would end up at a LW or on occasion as a number 10 which I don’t think is his game as he seems more comfy on the right side where he can get crosses in.

After Hopkin came in, I don’t think he played at all tbh. A real shame as I thought he’d be a star man for us but he wasn’t really the player we needed at that time.

Walsh looks as though he’s lost the ability to make space/beat a man. Gets one on one with defenders and seems to have no idea what he’s doing at times. Maybe a confidence thing but he’s nowhere near as good as his first spell here 

11 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

So you honestly think that 20 year old Pearson who played for the last two years with 27 Appearances and 2 goals for two part time English National League teams could easily replace Billy Mackay who has played professionally for the last 15 years which includes 11 Appearances for his national team.?

And you are calling us twats?

If you read my post properly you'll see I said until BM comes back so your an idiot!!

And, aye right we're paying someone over £1k a week, you are just making crap up as you go along!!

6 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

If you read my post properly you'll see I said until BM comes back so your an idiot!!

And, aye right we're paying someone over £1k a week, you are just making crap up as you go along!!

!! 

If it is the settled will that B Dodds is not long for his job, I wonder just how his time should stretch.

Second place with fourteen games to go is not good enough and given Dick Campbell was sacked whilst one place higher, our search for excellence should be unremitting

19 minutes ago, sophia said:

If it is the settled will that B Dodds is not long for his job, I wonder just how his time should stretch.

Second place with fourteen games to go is not good enough and given Dick Campbell was sacked whilst one place higher, our search for excellence should be unremitting

Genuine question, what planet are you on? 

19 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Can't blame the guy for leaving if he wasn't getting a game.

Poor management on our part.

It's been suggested that he asked St Mirren to be recalled.  Unforgivable from Dodds playing Duku ahead of him every week.