"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

5 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Joe Chalmers has bad as Ayr fans say?

When he first joined us he was a left-back and he was terrible.  Absolutely godawful.  Then due to an injury crisis would up having to play as the left 2 of the 4-2-3-1 and was a lot better.  Nothing too fancy, but a good retainer of the ball in there who'd chip in with the odd goal.  He played at centre-back (where he was alright) as well as on either wing.

As others have said he was decent enough for us as a CM after looking poor as a LB when he first arrived. He's not dynamic, he's not great winning the ball back but he's solid enough keeping play ticking over but that's about it really. I'm not sure he's what the Pars need right now.

Anyway, talking about Chalmers gives an excuse to post this strike against Dundee United.

This may come as a surprise to you twats on here but I am still backing Dodds for now, it's draws killing us this season not losses plus we are remarkably still only 3pts off the top.

If we don't reach the play offs then questions will need to be asked. I get that his tactics and team line ups can be questioned at times, I have been advocating (since the end of LAST SEASON) that the youngsters deserve a chance and I stand by that, look at our youth teams, they are getting good results more often than not.

The one area I can criticise BD on though is the transfer market, he took FAR too long to get players in and even now, we are in desperate need of another centre back or two now that Devine is out for a while, yet BD is weighing up a move for a has-been striker from DERBY when Pearson could easily play as Billy's replacement.

Saturday is a big game, win and we go clear of Kilmarnock, lose and we are fighting to keep our play off place.

8 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

This may come as a surprise to you twats on here but I am still backing Dodds for now, it's draws killing us this season not losses plus we are remarkably still only 3pts off the top.

If we don't reach the play offs then questions will need to be asked. I get that his tactics and team line ups can be questioned at times, I have been advocating (since the end of LAST SEASON) that the youngsters deserve a chance and I stand by that, look at our youth teams, they are getting good results more often than not.

The one area I can criticise BD on though is the transfer market, he took FAR too long to get players in and even now, we are in desperate need of another centre back or two now that Devine is out for a while, yet BD is weighing up a move for a has-been striker from DERBY when Pearson could easily play as Billy's replacement.

Saturday is a big game, win and we go clear of Kilmarnock, lose and we are fighting to keep our play off place.

Yes draws are killing us because when we take the lead we sit back and invite pressure. Who’s job is it to ensure the players don’t do that?

You’ve said you’re backing him then go on to berate our results, which are the result of his tactics, then you berate his transfer dealings (which I agree with by the way). 

Why is it you’re backing him again?

9 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Pearson could easily play as Billy's replacement.

So you honestly think that 20 year old Pearson who played for the last two years with 27 Appearances and 2 goals for two part time English National League teams could easily replace Billy Mackay who has played professionally for the last 15 years which includes 11 Appearances for his national team.?

And you are calling us twats?

Our sponsorship deal with ILI is apparently ridiculous but we managed to get McKay and Gardyne because they've basically lived here for 10 and 15 years respectively and probably can't be arsed moving, not the wages we're paying.

We got Broadfoot as we guaranteed him he'd play every minute of every game, barring injury.

Edit - Gardyne needed to stay here as he hadn't pumped all the women yet.

Edited by TheScarf