"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

8 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Lewis Jamieson off back to St Mirren apparently. Shame if true.

If that is the case and Mackay has a long term injury then we are in a desperate situation, Duku is definitely not up to snuff and never has been in my estimation, talk of him being effective in busying defenders is just that, fuckin talk. 

Instead of bringing in the two I mentioned earlier the club should be bringing in experience, that's the only way forward if we have a chance of moving out of this league.

I mentioned Lafferty, Ok maybe he wouldn't be interested in us as another poster mentioned but maybe that poster would have said the same regarding Broadfoot.

We have to aim higher, there are experienced players out there.

I don't think anyone would have said that Kirk Broadfoot, released by a relegated Killie after a poor season in the Premiership, was an unrealistic signing for Inverness. The only reason I thought it was slightly surprising was that I expected him to pick an option closer to home.

Lafferty would have been miles out of your budget, I wouldn't be surprised if we were paying him 3 or 4 times what any of your players are on.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think anyone would have said that Kirk Broadfoot, released by a relegated Killie after a poor season in the Premiership, was an unrealistic signing for Inverness. The only reason I thought it was slightly surprising was that I expected him to pick an option closer to home.

Lafferty would have been miles out of your budget, I wouldn't be surprised if we were paying him 3 or 4 times what any of your players are on.

I had a look at what your weekly wage was for 2020/2021 while you were in the Premier League and I was surprised.

The lowest was Eastwood at £400 a week and the highest was Mulumbu at £1750 pw. the rest under that or in between.

With Billy Mackay on a  reported £1500 PW you would be paying Lafferty £6000 pw?

But to be fair lets go middle of the road with David Carsons £720 pw which means you could, as you said, pay Lafferty £2880 pw, yet your top whack in the PL was £1750.

Fire away with me getting it all wrong as you will.

Edited by SandyCromarty

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I had a look at what your weekly wage was for 2020/2021 while you were in the Premier League and I was surprised.

The lowest was Eastwood at £400 a week and the highest was Mulumbu at £1750 pw. the rest under that or in between.

With Billy Mackay on a  reported £1500 PW you would be paying Lafferty £6000 pw?

But to be fair lets go middle of the road with David Carsons £720 pw which means you could, as you said, pay Lafferty £2880 pw, yet your top whack the in PL was £1750.

Fire away with me getting it all wrong as you will.

All of these numbers are just made up though. Nobody knows how much individual footballers are being paid at any point.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

All of these numbers are just made up though. Nobody knows how much individual footballers are being paid at any point.

Easily obtainable on the net.

Your club's accounts on Companies House make some interesting reading, you have got generous directors.

Edited by SandyCromarty

20 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Lewis Jamieson off back to St Mirren apparently. Shame if true.

He was straight up the "tunnel" at FT yesterday and was probably half way back to Paisley before anyone noticed he was gone.

That's not to throw shade on the guy. He's show some real glimpses of potential during his time here but he's been well down the pecking order for whatever reason. Whilst Duku did well yesterday it can't have been great being continuously overlooked for a guy that typically runs around like a headless chicken.

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

He was straight up the "tunnel" at FT yesterday and was probably half way back to Paisley before anyone noticed he was gone.

That's not to throw shade on the guy. He's show some real glimpses of potential during his time here but he's been well down the pecking order for whatever reason. Whilst Duku did well yesterday it can't have been great being continuously overlooked for a guy that typically runs around like a headless chicken.

I'm sure Duku is a very nice man and there's no doubting his workrate but Jamieson is just a better striker.  

According to Tranfermarkt, Duku has played 1,197 minutes this season and scored twice (one of which was a penalty), making three assists.  Jamieson has played 443 minutes this season, scored three times and made three assists.  Now granted, two of the latter's goals came in the Challenge Cup (against Buckie and Elgin) but by the same token Duku's goals both came in the League Cup group stage - a goal against Peterhead and a 90th minute penalty against Cove.  On bare stats alone, Jamieson's are better than Duku's and that's in not far off a third of the playing time.

Edited by Highland Capital

7 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I'm sure Duku is a very nice man and there's no doubting his workrate but Jamieson is just a better striker.  

According to Tranfermarkt, Duku has played 1,197 minutes this season and scored twice (one of which was a penalty), making three assists.  Jamieson has played 443 minutes this season, scored three times and made three assists.  Now granted, two of the latter's goals came in the Challenge Cup (against Buckie and Elgin) but by the same token Duku's goals both came in the League Cup group stage - a goal against Peterhead and a 90th minute penalty against Cove.  On bare stats alone, Jamieson's are better than Duku's and that's in not far off a third of the playing time.

I thought Duku did well yesterday TBH but certainly in more recent matches I've been very surprised to see him make an appearance from the bench over Jamieson. I'd probably have been starting with Mckay and Jamieson if they were both available.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

I thought Duku did well yesterday TBH but certainly in more recent matches I've been very surprised to see him make an appearance from the bench over Jamieson. I'd probably have been starting with Mckay and Jamieson if they were both available.

Yeah, Duku was good in the first half yesterday but a lot of the time he's been a real headless chicken.  You'd imagine with Mckay out, Jamieson would be given the nod as to keep the same type of player and not having to change the system too much, but obviously not. 

Have to agree. As said, I know his goals were against Buckie and Elgin but he looked like he had something about him and could put those sort of performances in against a better standard of team. He was just never given the chance which is remarkable considering Duku being awful and Sutherland going through a few spells of not offering a lot too.

Good luck to the lad, I hope he doesn’t get another loan move in the Championship and ends up scoring a hat trick against us.

I fully understand posters trying hard not to be too hard on a player that they know is not up to stuff, but I cannot praise a player for running around aimlessly, a striker has to read the game and where the ball is not just  continually run at defenders, the times he gets the ball he is easily bundled off it.

Dodds has to go for me.  He's proven he can't adjust to the ever changing circumstances during a game.  

I was saying to @RiG last night, either he's

1.) Telling the players to sit back and invite pressure when we go 1-0 up (or take the lead in a game, Queens last week for example)

2;) He and the 3 other coaches are just not telling them to push out and think he we're good enough to hold out (we're not)

or

3.) He and the 3 others coaches are just not seeing that the players are doing it.

It's one of those 3 scenarios and it's the reason we won't be in the Premiership next season.