"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

40 minutes ago, RiG said:

Wait, has the crown genuinely been reported as a little over 100? I thought that was someone taking the piss.

I've not seen the official figure anywhere but no chance it was 113 or whatever it is folk are saying.  There was about thirty Morton fans so that makes there only being 80-odd home fans there a complete nonsense.

1 hour ago, the west curve said:

That’s a terrible support for a club in a cup game.

It's an abysmal support for any game. Not looking to make excuses but with the stream being offered for £5 less than a match ticket I can see why fans didn't bother going. That said well done to the ones that did go especially the 30 or so Morton fans. Superb effort from them.

It was the least exciting draw we could’ve got. It was effectively an extra league game that barely any cunt could be arsed paying for. I don’t blame anyone for not going. 

SC’s 113 comment was in jest to VT when he mentioned you split the gate at cup games. 

12 hours ago, AlbionSaint said:

How on earth were there were there only ~100 people watching the game yesterday? ICT is formally a top-flight club, after all. That implies your hardcore support is literally around a hundred, which is less than many lower league clubs with a fraction of your success over the last few decades.

I'm embarrassed for you. Please tell me there was an organised boycott, or the stream was bought by 500+.

That was a fuckin pisstake by me you fool.

There was a post on the thread by a Morton fan regurgitating the old Caley and RC false attendances pish.

Edited by SandyCromarty

35 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

There was a post on the thread by a Morton fan regurgitating the old Caley and RC false attendances pish.

Fool? I watched the highlights and it looked totally believable. A tiny, tiny fraction of the seats are occupied. Depressing.

I suppose you're tight up north, so I can imagine one guy buying a stream and charging fifteen of his pals a quid each to watch it. Plus with the weather it's hardly normal circumstances, but the 113 figure didnae seem too far-fetched to me. 

50 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

There's nothing pish about the fact that both Highland clubs' attendances are a work of fiction. Dunfermline are at it as well.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It was the least exciting draw we could’ve got. It was effectively an extra league game that barely any c**t could be arsed paying for. I don’t blame anyone for not going. 

SC’s 113 comment was in jest to VT when he mentioned you split the gate at cup games. 

Yep.  It was the dullest draw imaginable.  I doubt the stream being only £5 made any impact whatsoever. 

10 hours ago, virginton said:

There's nothing pish about the fact that both Highland clubs' attendances are a work of fiction. Dunfermline are at it as well.

Have another look at the video at Kennedy's assassination and you'll see his head rocking back and forth meaning two bullets from front and back so the grassy knoll conspiracy theory does come into effect.

And how about those cheating Dunfermline management twats padding their attendances, who would have thought they were at it too?

How many are there at it out there?

More sleepless nights for you surrounded by conspiracies.

Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it in for me.

10 hours ago, AlbionSaint said:

Fool? I watched the highlights and it looked totally believable. A tiny, tiny fraction of the seats are occupied. Depressing.

I suppose you're tight up north, so I can imagine one guy buying a stream and charging fifteen of his pals a quid each to watch it. Plus with the weather it's hardly normal circumstances, but the 113 figure didnae seem too far-fetched to me. 

Yep, you're right, I looked again at the picture a few posts above and I counted about eleventeen Caley supporters, mind you I was never that good at sums so there might be a few more.

Again you're spot on about us up north being tight, Hector next door is that tight he gets up every night to see if he's lost any sleep.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Yep, you're right, I looked again at the picture a few posts above and I counted about eleventeen Caley supporters, mind you I was never that good at sums so there might be a few more.

Again you're spot on about us up north being tight, Hector next door is that tight he gets up every night to see if he's lost any sleep.

Was that on your webbed fingers?

3 hours ago, AlbionSaint said:

Was that on your webbed fingers?

So you can't think of anything sensible to say so now you attack disabled people, have you no shame but to resort to singling out poor people with a disability?webbing is a common affliction in Scotland and in fact there is a poor chap in our street with webbed armpits down to his elbows who struggles to feed himself, to see the poor man trying to drink a pint is pitiful, and the likes of you mock him! 

The West Stand is going to be covered and the club has invited any supporter who likes to make a noise to head over there to help get behind the team. Hope it goes well. I've said for a long time we should be taking a leaf out of the book of clubs like Motherwell who have "given over" a section of their ground to supporters who want to make some noise to get behind the team. Hopefully this is successful.

Not sure why we are spending money on a roof etc for that stand when there is plenty of space available in the North Stand to give over a section.

All for trying to get a better atmosphere at home games so hopefully lots of people do get involved.

I get that but you just know if they were to be relocated in the North Stand folk would moan about giving up their seats or the noise, language etc. At least with this it gives them their own section where no one else is. I think it should really be behind the goals but at least this way no one is already sitting the area that they are going to occupy so that makes things a little easier.

7 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Yeah, that’s fair.

I’m not sure if it is going to work in the long term but I hope I am wrong.

Yeah I think long term it would be much better to have them in the North Stand but maybe this move will, in the short term at least, get more of the YT back to games and then a more permanent "home" could be found for them in the North Stand. 

TBH, almost anything that gets more home fans through the gates can only be a good thing.  

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Yeah I think long term it would be much better to have them in the North Stand but maybe this move will, in the short term at least, get more of the YT back to games and then a more permanent "home" could be found for them in the North Stand. 

TBH, almost anything that gets more home fans through the gates can only be a good thing.  

I'm stating the obvious here but what we really need to get more home and away fans through the gates is to get back into the Premier as soon as.