"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

ICT have almost always been a better team with two good full backs. If we’re going to continue with a back four, we can maybe get away with one non-natural full back, but not two. Carson has done well in that role, but I think I still prefer him in midfield. Deas just looks like what he is - a centre back pushed wide. There’s no experienced full-back in the squad at all. Harper has looked really poor when he has played this season, while despite improving a bit recently, Duffy by his own admission is more of a centre back.

What are the other options? I vaguely remember Devine playing at right-back in his first spell and having a horrible game, while Broadfoot will be too slow to play there nowadays. Allardice isn’t a full-back and is a hundred times better in midfield. Welsh played there for Partick sometimes but we’d lose his presence in the midfield.

Three at the back is an option but do our wide players have the ability to defend the flanks? Carson and Gardyne on either side might work but I don’t think Doran or Walsh could do it.

We just really need to sign at least one full-back in January - that’s the bottom line.

15 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

ICT have almost always been a better team with two good full backs. If we’re going to continue with a back four, we can maybe get away with one non-natural full back, but not two. Carson has done well in that role, but I think I still prefer him in midfield. Deas just looks like what he is - a centre back pushed wide. There’s no experienced full-back in the squad at all. Harper has looked really poor when he has played this season, while despite improving a bit recently, Duffy by his own admission is more of a centre back.

What are the other options? I vaguely remember Devine playing at right-back in his first spell and having a horrible game, while Broadfoot will be too slow to play there nowadays. Allardice isn’t a full-back and is a hundred times better in midfield. Welsh played there for Partick sometimes but we’d lose his presence in the midfield.

Three at the back is an option but do our wide players have the ability to defend the flanks? Carson and Gardyne on either side might work but I don’t think Doran or Walsh could do it.

We just really need to sign at least one full-back in January - that’s the bottom line.

I’d like to see a Deas-Broadfoot partnership at the back. I’d like to see us sign a full back on either side and Carson/Deas can be used there as back up 

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The Times is suggesting that Billy Dodds could be bailing out on you to join GVB's backroom team.

As much as I'd love this (BD is incompetent so needs to gtf ASAP) I'd be a mixture of stunned and elated because I always thought he'd want to be a manager for a long time so if he left, he'd be crazy as I truly believe our chairman would stick by him even if we get relegated, which is very possible if recent performances are to go by!! 

Oh and Rangers fans hate him for something he said as a pundit, I know this because I checked their forum after his appointment to see if they were happy for him but all I saw was abuse towards him!! 

My dream scenario is, BD goes to Rangers (we get decent compensation as, mentioned above) and we appoint someone competent (God knows who though!).

7 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

As much as I'd love this (BD is incompetent so needs to gtf ASAP) I'd be a mixture of stunned and elated because I always thought he'd want to be a manager for a long time so if he left, he'd be crazy as I truly believe our chairman would stick by him even if we get relegated, which is very possible if recent performances are to go by!! 

Oh and Rangers fans hate him for something he said as a pundit, I know this because I checked their forum after his appointment to see if they were happy for him but all I saw was abuse towards him!! 

My dream scenario is, BD goes to Rangers (we get decent compensation as, mentioned above) and we appoint someone competent (God knows who though!).

You’re a complete roaster btw

1 hour ago, Caley Shaun said:

I truly believe our chairman would stick by him even if we get relegated, which is very possible if recent performances are to go by!!

What a mental take this is. You’re four points off the top and 15 (FIFTEEN!) clear of the bottom before the halfway stage.

I doubt Caley will be going up under Dodds - especially not this season - but there are at least five sides in the league worse than you lot.

giphy.gif

Well there's a surprise. Shaun returns as ICT hit a run of bad form and 1) wants the manager sacked; and / or 2) thinks we will get relegated.

Edited by RiG

In a twenty year career Wee Willie Dodds only spent a few years at Ibrox, hardly a legend and also unproven as yet as a stand alone manager. With that does he qualify to join a top Scottish club's coaching staff?

Given Rangers amount of debt it may well be that he would qualify financially as a cheaper option.

Can I see him leaving Caley? No not yet..

Edited by SandyCromarty

6 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I mean, there are certainly still a few question marks about Billy Dodds but calling for him to be sacked is a mental take.

Are you not familiar with Shaun's work? ;)

Edited by RiG

This abuse is getting beyond a joke now, its rime time the mods sort it out or I will report the forum and get it banned altogether!!

Forums are for OPINIONS not bullying, does nobody know what is happening with the ex cricketer as I type this, he got bullied and felt alone and tbh, I know the fucking feeling!!

You've been warned so over to you now admin/mods!

9 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

This abuse is getting beyond a joke now, its rime time the mods sort it out or I will report the forum and get it banned altogether!!

Forums are for OPINIONS not bullying, does nobody know what is happening with the ex cricketer as I type this, he got bullied and felt alone and tbh, I know the fucking feeling!!

45537C38-ECAB-479C-87AD-B58E6990BD95.gif

55 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

Feel free to report the entire forum.  In order to prevent you from receiving as you term it abuse I will suspend your account to allow you to fight your legal case without distraction.

God speed.

6 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

😂