"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Looks like we’ve got our own Jobs for the Boys problem forming.

When you look back at McCann’s time things improved markedly when Billy Dodds joined the team. He’s got great knowledge of this league and has a fairly good record. Players seemed to enjoy working with him from press reports. 

1 hour ago, sophia said:

He's clearly not as you describe.

Nobody that holds down such a job as he has can reasonably be described as such.

That the club has emerged from the huge financial hole it was in and were piloted through the pandemic as it has been surely deserves some credit does it not?

I've heard enough of Billy Dodds to be able to imagine him as a successful head coach. To forcefully suggest otherwise risks the ignominy of various posters on this board with a negative and all too common take on James McPake.

He's a fucking moron.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's a fucking moron.

In your excitement I'm afraid to say that you haven't absolutely clarified your position and it is altogether unclear as to whether you are referring to one or more of messrs Dodds, McPake or Gardiner.

Would you like to elucidate on and justify your strident and very brief remark?

5 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

It sounds like Billy Dodds is getting the job with you guys. What's the general opinion with that?

He's been a no.2 often enough but never heard of him pushing for a managers role before, obviously living locally is a bonus.

As @Highland Capital said I think a bit underwhelmed. I’m not really sure what to make of it. It seems like a job for the boys appointment but he also seems to have a good reputation for coaching and the players, so I’ve heard, seemed to be very impressed with the training both McCann and Dodds put on so it might not be the worst move. Especially if Robbo has a proper Sporting Director role that would involve player recruitment etc but I’ve also heard that isn’t the case.

4 hours ago, RiG said:

The Sun (yes I know) seem to be linking us with a move for Don Cowie which seems completely out of left field.

Probably aware by now, but Cowie all but confirmed to be Malky Mackays assistant at County.

Yes, County are hiring the boy black listed from all management jobs about 6 years ago after being outed as a homophobic, sexist, racist, xenophobe who refused to apologise for it, just days after claiming they wanted to become a true "community club with strong bonds with our fans".

5 hours ago, yoda said:

Is Robertson not, essentially, still heavily involved in his new role? Or is the Sporting Director thing genuinely a step back from what happens on the pitch?

Regardless, ICT always seem to get lucky with appointments and players who look dreadful elsewhere (although I think Dodds was thought of highly at County). 

Apologies for the double post, should have multi quoted.

Anyway, I’ve heard that Robertson will have pretty much nothing to do with anything directly involved in the first team. They are calling it a Head Coach role but it would essentially be a manager who has the normal full say. I hope what I’ve been told is wrong as Robbo, more or less, had a great record for bringing players in so it would seem daft to not involve him in that.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably aware by now, but Cowie all but confirmed to be Malky Mackays assistant at County.

Yes, County are hiring the boy black listed from all management jobs about 6 years ago after being outed as a homophobic, sexist, racist, xenophobe who refused to apologise for it, just days after claiming they wanted to become a true "community club with strong bonds with our fans".

^^^

Flagrantly attempting to rehabilitate the homophobic, sexist, racist xenophobe by glaringly omitting his anti-Semitism 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'll interject here. 

All three of them are fucking morons. 

That is quite the interjection and not at all premature.

Taking into account all that has been added to our collective knowledge on this matter, how many would that be in total?

Out of that 5 I think the only one we have a chance of getting back is McKay.  Although I suspect he may want to go back down to England. Draper is finished, Polly is apparently away to England too.

Yeap, I think we could get Mckay too. He was supposed to be joining on loan in January before Yogi was appointed. Think he would be a massive signing for us as he is still a very good striker.

It would be fantastic to get Polly back but I think that is just fantasy stuff.

I hear Nikolay Todorov has been totally exonerated of any hint of racism relating to the terrible situation with Raith Rovers and their serial offending player.

I'm so relieved for Nikolay and ICT as imagine the shame of having a confirmed racist on their payroll.

On 06/05/2021 at 10:02, RiG said:

Vincent and Brad not being offered new deals although Doran and Toddy have been offered new contracts.

Brad rocks up at Falkirk.

8 minutes ago, Trump said:

Talk to me.

He's not very good at right back. He's marginally better at CB but still one of the poorer defenders we've had in the last few years. Ended the season alongside Devine and, in fairness, both played pretty solidly. He's wanted to go back to the central belt for a while so this move makes sense for him. He'll probably look reasonable enough at League 1 level but he typically struggled at in the Championship. If he gets you up here you'll likely need to upgrade again next year.

Brad Mackay has played 124 games  for ICT, he has has played for Edinburgh City, Hearts, Stenhousemuir and St Johnstone all under experienced managers who themselves had good footballing careers and knew the game inside out.

John Robertson, a Hearts legend, with various managing clubs under his belt, always had Brad Mackay on the starting sheet every saturday.

Take that how you will.

Unless you have managed clubs and know better.

Brad Mackay has played 124 games  for ICT, he has has played for Edinburgh City, Hearts, Stenhousemuir and St Johnstone all under experienced managers who themselves had good footballing careers and knew the game inside out.
John Robertson, a Hearts legend, with various managing clubs under his belt, always had Brad Mackay on the starting sheet every saturday.
Take that how you will.
Unless you have managed clubs and know better.

124 too many, the man is dog