"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

4 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

100% Scot Gardner needs to name the people involved simple hope all clubs read this 

I want to read what a guy with years in the game like Gardner claims was bullying.  If it's of the same level as the Armageddon Dossier it will go nowhere.  This is dissolving in to you bullied me, naw you bullied me.

Edited by rainbowrising

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

I want to read what a guy with years in the game like Gardner claims was bullying.  If it's of the same level as the Armageddon Dossier it will go nowhere.  This is dissolving in to you bullied me, naw you bullied me.

100% one way or other the full story not just half. Scot is a big lad not a silly wee boy. He's been in the game a long time. If the 14 14 14 was a goer would ict have put the statement out

15 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Polworth does not sound like I was expecting.

Also, it was Hughes who brought Vigurs in.  Remember all that pish about finding him in the gym?

Correct. Some of the guys need to up their research game! :angry: 

15 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s absolutely, incontrovertibly, brutal.

I cant take anything Gardiner says seriously. Both on his appearance on Sportsound and in this statement the giveaway is his claim his motives were not self interest but good of Scottish football. That is the dead giveaway. Every club is looking after themselves.

"Management of ICTFC has had and still have no issue with the clubs in 1st place of each division being awarded the league title if there is no possibility of winning those titles on the field of play, none whatsoever.

We fully admit to having an agenda, that is that no fellow member of the SPFL should be more financially damaged than we all already have been since the complete shutdown of our industry. We believed that no club should have been relegated or expelled during an unfinished season."

So how does that work.? No clubs relegated, teams winning league promoted.

The only way that would work would be if there was league reconstruction. And guess what would happen in this scenario - Inverness would be promoted to Premiership. Surprise, surprise but selfless Scott only concern is Partick Thistle not been relegated. 

Gardiner in the end actually shot himself in the foot by aligning with Rangers. It was this created hostile environment of claims and counter claims that made it impossible for there to be any goodwill among clubs in reconstruction talks. 

On the bullying question. It seems there was a difference of opinion as to whether bullying took place or robust discussions. There is absolutely no good moaning about this but not filing a formal complaint. That is the vehicle in which an investigation would take place and would make a determination if there was a case to answer. 

Edited by arabdelic

I've read the statement fully and it is quite damning, I note that earlier posts have blamed the composition on one individual which maybe satisfies their dislike of said individual.

However it is a club statement which would have been read and approved by the directors before it's issue, and as the content centres round a pre arranged conference call then it is obvious that there would have been directors present during that call.

The statement is clearly the Boards opinion of events to which they are entitled, it is obvious that there will be some displeasure in certain areas but in my opinion that is as far as it will go, the club clearly has now accepted the outcome.  

We as fans looking at the decisions, and the way the ruling body conducted themselves, are more than aware that the whole affair has been a shambles.

Guest Axle Grease

Long winded statement and quite frankly could have been said in much fewer words. Couldn't even name who was supposed to be bullying them. Spit it out if you're going to make accusations in public surely, otherwise show a bit more class and keep it indoors. Not shown your club in a good light at all. 

Guest Axle Grease

Meant to add, Ross McArthurs statement is of a more mature nature and has been endorsed as a true reflections of events by other SPFL clubs. So I'll go for backing that version of events. 

What is the motivation of Caleys statement?, given their null & void initiative would have cost them £175,000, utterly bizarre. 

Are they a mini-Sevco unit? 

2 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

Meant to add, Ross McArthurs statement is of a more mature nature and has been endorsed as a true reflections of events by other SPFL clubs. So I'll go for backing that version of events. 

What is the motivation of Caleys statement?, given their null & void initiative would have cost them £175,000, utterly bizarre. 

Are they a mini-Sevco unit? 

I am completely guessing here but I would surmise that our motion would have included reconstruction as part of it which would mean that, even if we did lose £175,000 from the prize monies from the Championship, we would have more than made up for that had reconstruction gone through and ICT ended up in the Premiership.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

I am completely guessing here but I would surmise that our motion would have included reconstruction as part of it which would mean that, even if we did lose £175,000 from the prize monies from the Championship, we would have more than made up for that had reconstruction gone through and ICT ended up in the Premiership.

If they had been promoted through reconstruction they would have had to have kept their second place and thus the prize money I'd have thought. None of it makes much sense.

Just now, welshbairn said:

If they had been promoted through reconstruction they would have had to have kept their second place and thus the prize money I'd have thought. None of it makes much sense.

I don't think they would if the season was declared N & A but then reconstruction took place? :unsure: The whole thing was a shambles with the vote and it's continued to snowball ever since.

Doncaster et al. should be reining this in pronto but he seems to be content to let clubs fall out with each other very publicly which is a shame.

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

I don't think they would if the season was declared N & A but then reconstruction took place? :unsure: The whole thing was a shambles with the vote and it's continued to snowball ever since.

Doncaster et al. should be reining this in pronto but he seems to be content to let clubs fall out with each other very publicly which is a shame.

If the season is voided (with any remaining prize money split evenly), it follows from that that Inverness didn’t finish in second place - because you’re pretty much wiping out the standings.

I don’t see how it would be fair to say that nothing counts, but then - through reconstruction - start promoting teams based on where they finished in a season that you’ve just told everyone doesn’t count.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

If the season is voided (with any remaining prize money split evenly), it follows from that that Inverness didn’t finish in second place - because you’re pretty much wiping out the standings.

I don’t see how it would be fair to say that nothing counts, but then - through reconstruction - start promoting teams based on where they finished in a season that you’ve just told everyone doesn’t count.

Yeah I agree, I am only speculating on the reconstruction part. I've no idea what our "counter proposal" entailed.

23 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Indeed. Seems that Gardiner didn't think these things through or consider them and when they've been pointed out to him he's started shrieking that they're 'threats' and is tearfully framing such telts as 'bullying'.