"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

I noticed last night that one of our own long serving posters on this forum was singled out for the red dotting treatment for no apparent reason.

Was there any valid reason for singling out this poster?

If you're referring to the serial thread destroyer and all round attention seeker, I'd guess that they are indulging in a further bout of pointless aggression

If we lose Ridgers as well, that’ll be an absolute disaster. He’s been superb for us and is still a massive player. It also doesn’t help that Cameron Mackay couldn’t catch a cold so it’s not like we have an understudy who could step in and be just as good like when we had Brill and Esson.

Edited by Highland Capital

34 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

If we lose Ridgers as well, that’ll be an absolute disasterl. He’s been superb for us and is still a massive player. It also doesn’t help that Cameron Mackay couldn’t catch a cold so it’s not like we a understudy who just step in and be just as good like when we had Brill and Esson.

Ridgers is the best keeper in this division now McCrorie isnt in it. 

2 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

Last 3 seasons Ridgers has had comfortably the best clean sheet percentage in the division.

This season he has a 52% clean sheet record, McCrorie has 26.3%. There’s no comparison.

He is, or at least was, playing in a better team. But fair enough, he might have been the best. I wasnt trying to be funny, I think Ridgers is seriously underrated. He is a really good keeper.

Sources haha - wet dreams about failed footballers don't count!!!

I would expect that unless compensation conversations were already ongoing such as Rooney, then any players signing PCA's will be waiting til summer to leave. Focus now will be bringing in a CB - cant see us doing any other business.

2 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

Can’t see us finishing in the play-offs now. Hope I’m wrong.

Good to see you back after your meltdown Tarmo, however I see the utter drivel that you spout hasn't changed much, so without further ado I think I'll consign you to my recycle bin / filter list.

Adios.

15 hours ago, Snafu said:

Nice to know that we are in for a possible five figure windfall after Jake Mulraney's move to Atlantic City triggered the 15% sell on clause. Mulraney's move is believed to be a six figure sum.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1989831/caley-thistle-bank-cash-windfall-from-jake-mulraneys-atlanta-united-switch/

At last some good news.

On 30/01/2020 at 16:39, Widge said:

Well yes because we have a playing budget that we stick to in order to maintain our bank balance for when we may get relegated and suffer potential losses, thus not to put us in financial bother. Not quite sure what the relevance of that is, in the context of your post?

For me it is relevant that one of the most respected managers in Scottish football goes on television and clearly indicates tat he is struggling financially to bring in two championship players while his club sits  on over £2 million, given that the season hasn't been a good one so far I would have thought the board would have forked out, but as you say they are saving the money for when they get relegated, must be heartening for the mangers, fans and players to know that???

And to give Celtic three out of your four stands the other night clearly signifies that the club is being run by the board with money the main priority, it must have been uplifting for your players to run out to a majority celtic crowd, did they play 'Hail Hail' as the players came out?

Edited by SandyCromarty

13 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

For me it is relevant that one of the most respected managers in Scottish football goes on television and clearly indicates tat he is struggling financially to bring in two championship players while his club sits  on over £2 million, given that the season hasn't been a good one so far I would have thought the board would have forked out, but as you say they are saving the money for when they get relegated, must be heartening for the mangers, fans and players to know that???

And to give Celtic three out of your four stands the other night clearly signifies that the club is being run by the board with money the main priority, it must have been uplifting for your players to run out to a majority celtic crowd, did they play 'Hail Hail' as the players came out?

Na we never but the money we make is going on disco lights.

Jamie McCart looks to be some player, well done on the development of him, and hes been pretty complimentary about your club and manager in his interviews after joining us.

His ability to pick out a pass puts some apparent "playmakers" to shame.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jamie McCart looks to be some player, well done on the development of him, and hes been pretty complimentary about your club and manager in his interviews after joining us.

His ability to pick out a pass puts some apparent "playmakers" to shame.

Is he cup tied on Saturday ?