"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

there is big talk about caley tohistle will be in administration at the end of the season been told by some people that this will happen

Club are obviously not in a great financial state at the moment but rumours of administration have come and gone many a time. So i have my doubts.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I hope it works out for him as it clearly didn't with us, 3 goals in 22 appearances is not what he was signed for hence his departure.

Surprised that Barley Chatterman our Highland sports scoop failed to mention the transfer on this morning's BBC news, then again Chatterman is an RC fan.

Still cracks me up :lol:

Baird has hardly ever been a prolific scorer so any expectations that he would suddenly start banging in the goals were wildly misappropriated. That said, his finishing was even worse than I had thought it was. Some absolutely criminal misses.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Still cracks me up :lol:

Baird has hardly ever been a prolific scorer so any expectations that he would suddenly start banging in the goals were wildly misappropriated. That said, his finishing was even worse than I had thought it was. Some absolutely criminal misses.

We did try to warn you. 

27 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

And you were 100% right. though in his two years with you he did manage 32 goals in 87 apps which is by far a better strike rate than we got out of him.

The duff will sort him out just like he's sorted out the flop of Gazza Harkins :thumsup2

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:29, SandyCromarty said:

And you were 100% right. though in his two years with you he did manage 32 goals in 87 apps which is by far a better strike rate than we got out of him.

He was absolute crap in his last season with us, I think we saw the best of him before that.  Signs were there before he joined you  his career was on the slide,  Morton fans seem fairly pleased he's joined,  I've a feeling that won't last after a few weeks of watching him.  I just hope Duffy tries to partner him with McHugh.

On 23/02/2018 at 08:54, SandyCromarty said:

Barley Chatterman our Highland sports scoop failed 

Barley Chatterman and Tulloch of doom.

The raiders of the lost park have secured a land bank and the cost benefit analysis would have been easy given the leverage of the intangible of football goodwill.

19 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Nobody ever expected Baird to be any good, the Falkirk fans who ‘warned’ us didn’t change anyone’s opinion of him. He’s a hard worker, but a poor finisher.

Yeah looking back at the posts when he was signed most ICT fans seemed happy that we had signed someone but there was very much a lukewarm reception to his arrival. SHame it hasn't worked out as I think he's been something of a scapegoat for our supporters. It was his partnership with Bell that saw us start or semi decent run of form last year so whilst he hasn't bagged many goals his general play was pretty decent most of the time.

Robbo really hasn't impressed in the transfer market. Not really a surprise for someone who has been out of management for so long. Donaldson and Bell have probably been his most successful pick ups but all the others have blown hot and cold and more often they've been cold. Mulraney continues to be poor and never kicked on after his wee purple patch a few months ago, Mckay and Warren look like utter carthorses at the back and most of our midfield is dross (Trafford, Chalmers etc.)

We are simply put a very poor team with occasional glimpses of promise. We had a massive overhaul last summer and I expect another one in a few months time.

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 14:32, SandyCromarty said:

I hope you're right, but I fear that it will be a 'Baird too Far' even for your Dim Juffy.

Or maybe it's because Caley are absolutely honking hence his performances :whistle he's made the switch to a the better side:thumsup2 

My take on the summer/January signings -

John Baird - Runs around a lot and his link up play was okay but couldn’t finish a hot dog. Doubt we’ll see him play for us again.

Mark Ridgers - Started poorly, massively improved.

Matthew Elsdon - Garbage. Punted.

Alex Cooper - Garbage. Punted.

Zak Elbouzedi - Seems to have lived off a good performance in the summer against Forres. Spent most of the season injured or out on loan.

Conor Bell - Looks decent.

George Oakley - Tries hard but blows hot and cold.

Coll Donaldson - Excellent so far.

Riccardo Calder - Started okay, but much improved lately.

‘Average Joe’ Chalmers - Dreadful at the start of the season but improved somewhat since moving into midfield. Still seems to be a passenger often though.

Charlie Trafford - Rather average.

Collin Seedorf - Decent going forward. Mince at the back.

Nathan Austin - Flashes of looking decent but always injured.

Felticiano Zschusschen - One of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for us. Absolutely dreadful. Punted.

On 2/27/2018 at 14:55, SandyCromarty said:

I understand what you're saying but I was very impressed with him and more so than any of the other trialists, below is what I found on the Football Association of Ireland's player profile before the start of the season and I think you will agree that Irish players and Ireland's international team have done well over the years.

ZACH emerged with Malahide United and soon became recognised as one of the most skilful attacking midfielders or wide players in the country.

After being capped at U15, U16, U17 and U18 level, he progressed to the Ireland U19 squad in 2016.

That's quite a comedown going from being regarded as one of the brightest prospects in Ireland to having to go on loan to Elgin City!