"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

I'd heard that aswell, his brother tweeted that our fans dont seem to care for him all that much so maybe hes had enough and wants to try pastures new. Tbh im not too fussed if he does go. If Austin is fit he starts, plus Miller will still be around and prob bring in another forward plus O'Hara n Shepherd will still be here. 

12 hours ago, ulysses said:

Not sure if this has been posted already but heard a wee rumour that John Baird will be signing for you guys.

Aye there were a couple of Falkirk fans mentioning it a few days ago.

P & J reporting that Danny MacDonald is the new General Manager (#JobsForTheBoys) and that Duncan Shearer was sacked via email which is a nice thing to do.

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

P & J reporting that Danny MacDonald is the new General Manager (#JobsForTheBoys) and that Duncan Shearer was sacked via email which is a nice thing to do.

Had Shearer not been with you as under-20 coach for about eight years or so, as well his previous spell as a player? Fine way to treat a long-term servant of a club.

14 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Had Shearer not been with you as under-20 coach for about eight years or so, as well his previous spell as a player? Fine way to treat a long-term servant of a club.

He has indeed been there for a hell of a long time now. Survived a few managerial changes as well so if, as has been reported on CTO, he was let go via email that is a ridiculously shoddy way to treat one of the clubs longer term employees (indeed pretty much any employee really).

Shearer was a player then moved into coaching and was Paterson's assistant for a few years.  He moved to Aberdeen with Paterson in 2002.  After leaving Aberdeen when Paterson was sacked he was manager of Buckie for a few years and then came back to us to work as a youth coach as well as with the first team.

Overall he spent about fifteen years with the club in various roles.  Shite craic if he's been *emailed* his notice.

16 hours ago, ulysses said:

Not sure if this has been posted already but heard a wee rumour that John Baird will be signing for you guys.

We could do a lot better and anyway we have enough 30+ year old players at the club, we could do with some younger blood to build a future team around that will eventually play in the Premiership. Players like John Baird who have been passed around from club to club for us would only be a short term fix if we really struggled to find goals at this level in our first season, but as I said we can do better and I trust Robbo will use his connections to source players who have potential to play at a higher level including a couple of goalscorers. It will be interesting to see what players join pre season and play as trialists. I'd be surprised and a bit alarmed if we started signing players over the head of our new manager.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can you guys not hurry up and get Baird signed up so we can get a decent striker in 

Why are you so bothered about Baird, is he not a free agent now and off your wage bill?

I'm sure with Robbo's contacts at Hearts we will see maybe a couple of signings of ex Hearts players more likely to be ex U20's who left for other clubs but didn't settle or Hearts loanees for next season. Example Nicolay Toderov and Jordan McGhee loaned out to us????

47 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Why are you so bothered about Baird, is he not a free agent now and off your wage bill?

Strong rumour has it that if he played a certain number of games last season he was eligible for another years contract and he did. We're trying our best to get him off our books freeing up a wage and thats why we're hoping he signs for ICT. 

29 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Strong rumour has it that if he played a certain number of games last season he was eligible for another years contract and he did. We're trying our best to get him off our books freeing up a wage and thats why we're hoping he signs for ICT. 

Question is there, does Houston want to keep him? If he turns up at pre season training then it would be assumed Baird is looking for that contract extension. I don't see why the rumours are linking us with him, there's a perfectly good full time Championship club not that far from Falkirk who Baird has never played for yet who might be quite happy to sign him. He's not likely to get 1st team football for very long if he signs for us. Then at 31 Baird is probably borderline staying full time, maybe Alloa or East Fife would take him.

Why would you think we want to sign him now when the rumours started long before we appointed a new manager?

1 minute ago, CityDave said:

Question is there, does Houston want to keep him? If he turns up at pre season training then it would be assumed Baird is looking for that contract extension. I don't see why the rumours are linking us with him, there's a perfectly good full time Championship club not that far from Falkirk who Baird has never played for yet who might be quite happy to sign him. He's not likely to get 1st team football for very long if he signs for us. Then at 31 Baird is probably borderline staying full time, maybe Alloa or East Fife would take him.

Why would you think we want to sign him now when the rumours started long before we appointed a new manager?

I'm not thinking I'm just hoping.

9 minutes ago, CityDave said:

We released a bunch of players without any manager. No reason why we couldn't make signings without one as well.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

We released a bunch of players without any manager. No reason why we couldn't make signings without one as well.

Well, that not really an issue now.