"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Bit more confident now that Yoda has posted in the thread after his splendid work mocking ICT at the beginning of 2009/10 season before we ultimately cigared our way to the title. I hope this is a good omen* 8)

*It won't be.

Edited by RiG

18 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Idiotic appointment! Same

You boys would be better getting Butcher and I hate that c**t more than wee fat robbo. 

I'm gathering it's the same incompetent twat doing the hiring now that appointed Foran? 

No.

It's a different incompetent twat.

Robbo eh? 

I hope you guys are as delighted as I, and likely the rest of the league are at your newly appointed manager. 

I'd be gutted if he were to manage the Pars. 

Best of luck with that one guys. 

Watch this post coming back and biting a chunk off my ass now :unsure2:

Edited by P475

Surprising decision. Must say, however, that Danny Lennon presided over a farcical pre-season at Alloa in 2015, and it didn't get any better once the season started. Jack Ross came in and got much, much more out of the very limited squad Lennon had assembled. Robbo would be a better choice than Danny. 

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wow. Some appointment. You might as well bring in Allan Preston and Derek Ferguson as assistants and they can all sit and dribble cliches all day. 

That would be a tremendous appointment for all listeners of Sportsound. 

I saw Robbo in Gorgie recently. Think he has to go in the goods entrance at Tynecastle. Some size. 

I'm a big fan of seeing Falkirk wildly celebrate finishing second, only for them to be heartbroken at getting pumped out of the playoffs. If you could pop down here and skoosh the league it would be much appreciated - ta. 

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

No.

It's a different incompetent twat.

Think you're being over complimentary there.

During his last appointment with us the team management mainstay in my opinion was without doubt Donald Park, this was very significant at pre season friendlies where the majority of the staff not playing chose to sit with Donald in the stand and not with Robertson.

I cannot think of any positives

I really do refuse to believe that John Robertson was the best candidate who applied or was interested in the job.  Hasn't managed a club in five years and hasn't managed a full time team in over a decade.  There's not a chance he was the best candidate, no way.

I'd love to have seen the person spec for this job, if only to know that one actually existed. There seems to be very little in common between the alleged shortlistees Lennon, Sheerin and Robertson, in terms of past and recent experience. Did the club really have a clear idea of the sort of managerial profile they were looking for, or did they just wait to see who would apply and what each would offer for the money available? I really fucking hope that 'previous connection to the club' was not a serious criterion, but it does seem strange that they'd appoint someone who hasn't been a manager for 5 years and whose recent record, as Chris points out, is pretty dreadful.

One theory I've heard put forward is that Robbo is the preferred candidate of a previous high-profile investor who is looking to become more involved again, but I don't know how accurate that is.        

I've also heard (seen on Twitter) this.  Said high-profile investor is the same investor who was able to bring pretty high quality players to the club in our first term in the top flight.