"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

As i said on the County thread, he was disrupting the dressing room and The Caley were desperate to sell him this month to get money and well rid of his attitude. 

Genuinely shocked to hear that Coll Donaldson, of all people, has been acting the c**t.

Caley have got money for a player outshone by others in their defence this season who was a pain in the arse in the dressing room.

Over the piece I think most will be happy taking County for extra money.

Given the squad we have, looking at guys like Sow or Quitongo seems odd - we have the PCA for Sutherland and look to be well covered for forward players & wingers - with youngsters like McGregor & Machedo capable of providing cover. Unless there are other moves behind the scenes for like of White then its odd.

With the departure of Coll and still chances that McCart (& Rooney) may follow this month, will this lead Robbo back on the phone to his old pal Levein to enquire about Berra?

On 14/01/2020 at 14:44, WeAreElgin said:
On 14/01/2020 at 14:11, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

Good, now off you pop back to your irrelevant mid-table League 2 obscurity as we pluck your best player for free.

Bragging about being too skint to sign a league two striker in January is a strange persona, but I commend you for it.

I commend you for supporting a team that we use to give teenagers game time before they play in the big leagues.

15 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Interesting that the reaction to Coll 'oops sorry lads' departure  is very 'meh' compared to what it would have been a year ago.

He was outstanding last season, this season.............................................................................................................

Interesting that the reaction to Coll 'oops sorry lads' departure  is very 'meh' compared to what it would have been a year ago.
This move has been coming since the summer. County were in for him but wouldn't match our asking price. Donaldson sulked that he wasn't getting his move.

Fast forward a few months and with Donaldson still acting like a spoilt brat and County back in again for him it made sense to move him on.

The way he's conducted himself has been really poor and a total contrast to someone like Shinnie when he signed the PCA with Aberdeen and its his behaviour that has left most ICT fans feeling were better off without players with that kind of attitude.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

He was outstanding last season, this season.............................................................................................................

38 minutes ago, RiG said:

This move has been coming since the summer. County were in for him but wouldn't match our asking price. Donaldson sulked that he wasn't getting his move.

Fast forward a few months and with Donaldson still acting like a spoilt brat and County back in again for him it made sense to move him on.

The way he's conducted himself has been really poor and a total contrast to someone like Shinnie when he signed the PCA with Aberdeen and its his behaviour that has left most ICT fans feeling were better off without players with that kind of attitude.

Yeah I suppose i should have said our reaction was  'telling' rather than 'interesting' which is rather a Chatterman expression.

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Yeah I suppose i should have said our reaction was  'telling' rather than 'interesting' which is rather a Chatterman expression.

Still makes me laugh :lol: 

With Donaldson out of  the door, we've got a bundle of Royston's cash, a sell on clause, an experienced replacement and two good guys in the shape of Walsh and Welsh raring to go.  

John Robertson is surely the best manager in the division.

20 minutes ago, sophia said:

With Donaldson out of  the door, we've got a bundle of Royston's cash, a sell on clause, an experienced replacement and two good guys in the shape of Walsh and Welsh raring to go.  

John Robertson is surely the best manager in the division.

Bearing in mind Donaldson failed miserably at QPR it's doubtful that he will ever make a move to another major club, so there would not be any substantial sell on amount coming our way when and if he moves on from RC.

He's probably oblivious to the fact that last season, footballing wise, was probably the best he will have,

4 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Jack Brown recalled from Fort William to be sent on loan to Rothes.

Lewis Hyde has joined Fort William on loan til end of the season.

https://ictfc.com/club-news:-jack-brown-and-lewis-hyde

Always wondered why Hyde didn’t go in the first place considering he doesn’t seem to be considered on the level of McKay, McGregor, Machado and Harper. Brown is the only one of the Fort players to have played for ICT (Hyde aside) so I wonder if the thinking is to get him to a better side, although Rothes aren’t a whole lot better. Disappointed Harper went out on loan.