"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Next season no matter what league you're going to be in it looks like you'll need 7-8 players? 😬 

We'd probably need 7 or 8 players if we went up and kept all these guys we might lose on PCAs. 

That's what hurts most as an ICT fan - losing all these decent players over the years and seldom getting a transfer fee for them.

Is he any good? Probably 3/4 choice centreback for us, but may need to step in and play if required.

Probably the best Centre-Back in the Championship, and I’d imagine there would be a few Premiership clubs where he would start. I know St. Johnstone have fairly decent players in that position but McCart could quite easily start, an excellent player.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Is he any good? Probably 3/4 choice centreback for us, but may need to step in and play if required.

As Tarmo says he is a good player. He was caught on the ball by Miller when Partick thumped us up in Inverness earlier in the season and Robbo hung him out to dry in a surprisingly public manner. He hasn't quite hit the same heights since then but he is comfortable on the ball, really good timing when challenging for the ball and doesn't give away many fouls. He's not very quick but his ability to win the ball off opponents means he seldom gets done in by a pacey defender. He would be a big loss for us.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

As Tarmo says he is a good player. He was caught on the ball by Miller when Partick thumped us up in Inverness earlier in the season and Robbo hung him out to dry in a surprisingly public manner. He hasn't quite hit the same heights since then but he is comfortable on the ball, really good timing when challenging for the ball and doesn't give away many fouls. He's not very quick but his ability to win the ball off opponents means he seldom gets done in by a pacey defender. He would be a big loss for us.

Don't think his distribution is that good, he tends to lump it rather than attempt a pass. Mind you, compared to Coll who thinks he's Bobby Moore, you could see that as a good thing. 

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Robbo tells clubs that if they want our players then they need to get it done seven days before the window closes so we don't end up scrambling around looking for replacements.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/caley-thistle-manager-sets-early-deadline-for-january-transfers-to-interested-clubs-189530/

Cue all the Lge 1 & Lge 2 clubs telling Robbo to get on with it and leave them 5 days to get replacements in.

2 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:
3 hours ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

Good, now off you pop back to your irrelevant mid-table League 2 obscurity as we pluck your best player for free.

Bragging about being too skint to sign a league two striker in January is a strange persona, but I commend you for it.

^^^rattled 

76FC417B-BE0C-4EE2-98E3-BCB707E642BF.jpeg

Coll Donaldson is off to County for an undisclosed fee it's just been confirmed. I really liked Donaldson the last couple of seasons. Thought he was very good for us & he surprised me a lot cause I thought he was going to be utter gash especially after watching him play for Dundee Utd.

I remember my heart sinking when I first saw him in the ICT 2017/18 team photo before he got confirmed as a signing . He proved a lot of fans wrong & turned into a fan favourite over time. 

I'm kind of bittersweet to see him go cause he was very inconsistent this season & I feel it's the right time for him to go but it's just such a shame it's over the bridge to County 🙈🙈

As i said on the County thread, he was disrupting the dressing room and The Caley were desperate to sell him this month to get money and well rid of his attitude.