"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Steven Gerrard and Alfredo Morelos say Hi to Uncle Roy.

I felt heart sorry for our neigh-bours last night. Ross Draper, try as he might, just couldn't get close enough to do what he does best and such was his effort that late in the game he appeared to quite unable to raise a gallop.

Perhaps it was the unkind lighting (at least they stayed on), but Uncle Royston looked a touch on the weary side.

• 2 weeks later...
Today was probably one of the worst performances I’ve ever watched by a caley team.

Both White and Todorov are honking, Storey is very poor. Brad McKay is barely even a centre back, never mind a right back.

I reckon it’s probably going to be one of the most defining matches in our history. The match that confirmed our permanent irrelevancy status. Will be very hard to come back from this now and get promotion in the future.

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Robbo will have no choice but to be ruthless in January and we have no choice but to bring in new players because what we have isn't good enough. Likely we could be freeing a few bench warmers to to make room.

Have you suddenly came into some money ?.

Freeing bench warmers cost money players won't walk away without a pay off 

12 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a post of yours that wasn’t negative

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

FTFY

Agreed. He's got a point though. Wholesale squad changes (not that I'm convinced you need them to make the playoffs and you ain't winning the League whatever you do) will not come cheaply. It's not a month since you were in the papers bemoaning massive losses, and pleading for more help from fans and businesses to keep the club going. Where is the money for these changes coming from?

Agreed. He's got a point though. Wholesale squad changes (not that I'm convinced you need them to make the playoffs and you ain't winning the League whatever you do) will not come cheaply. It's not a month since you were in the papers bemoaning massive losses, and pleading for more help from fans and businesses to keep the club going. Where is the money for these changes coming from?

Granted this isn’t my team so I’m not that bothered but in theory if a player was being released and they could find a team to takeover their contract, would they still need a pay off? Or am I being incredibly naive thinking players won’t want every last penny they can get?

33 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Granted this isn’t my team so I’m not that bothered but in theory if a player was being released and they could find a team to takeover their contract, would they still need a pay off? Or am I being incredibly naive thinking players won’t want every last penny they can get?

Well obviously it is theoretically possible for a player to agree to leave for nothing if it suits him. However, it's a fairly uncommon situation and if our ICT friend is basically suggesting they punt under contract players to make room for different ones it's not terribly likely.

The stories in the papers were massively overstated. We have no debt and we are paying all the bills so Admin was never on the cards in the near future. On the point being made though you are right, we don’t have money to be paying players off to then go and recruit better players.

It’s pretty embarrassing that our team, pretty much, relies on an crocked Sean Welsh to play our best football. Our midfield is non-existent without him.

The stories in the papers were massively overstated. We have no debt and we are paying all the bills so Admin was never on the cards in the near future. On the point being made though you are right, we don’t have money to be paying players off to then go and recruit better players.

It’s pretty embarrassing that our team, pretty much, relies on an crocked Sean Welsh to play our best football. Our midfield is non-existent without him.

It is quite funny seeing fans of other sides suddenly experts on our financial situation after reading an inaccurate news article. Admin was never on the cards.

I do think we’ll see heavy cuts each year though which will badly affect us. Sadly, Sean Welsh is our best player by a mile but we can’t rely on a player with his injury record, which of course is the only reason he is at us. IMO it’s probably best for us that both of the Dundee clubs go up (and pray that an Edinburgh club doesn’t come down). We need a Championship without a big team blocking the automatic promotion path and just hope that we can put a good young low budget side together.

Through the ages oppressive and paranoid individuals & regimes have sought to shut down or shape debate to their purpose.

I've yet to see or read a coherent defence of what I think is a thoroughly disreputable strategy. However, here in the 21st century and through the medium of P&B, we have the chance to defend the cutting off of communication.

Who would like to go first?

Rig posted a few weeks ago that three players had made it known to the club that they did not intend re-signing in the summer, in the light of recent games results and the possibility that this may continue it would be best for the club to let them go soonest as they will obviously find it may be difficult to get another club given their poor performances.

Edited by SandyCromarty