"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Inverness are at the "Progressive" level of Project Brave, and there are other Championship clubs involved at that level (Ayr, Dundee United, Partick Thistle) plus other smaller Premiership clubs (St Mirren, Ross County).

I would say that it's a fair criticism that the Elite level is pricing smaller clubs out, but I'm not sure that can be levelled at the Progressive one.

I hate to be a pedant, but the level these clubs are at is Performance Progressive. The rise below that is Performance.

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

St Mirren and Ross County are still getting more than £1m per annum in League funding (+ County already enjoyed the bankrolling of a rich benefactor). I confess I've no idea how Ayr afford the level they play at.

Project Brave is absolutely intentionally pricing smaller clubs out.

It's worth bearing in mind that the Ayr United pro-youth system is run by Ayr United Football Academy, which is a separate organisation.

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Partick's Academy was bankrolled by a lottery millionaire. Let's see if it carries on at that level if his withdrawal of funding carries on for any time.

Dundee United are Championship by current location but they are a big team, with big spending and they too have run up big losses while here, it's just their new owner is picking up the tab.

St Mirren and Ross County are still getting more than £1m per annum in League funding (+ County already enjoyed the bankrolling of a rich benefactor). I confess I've no idea how Ayr afford the level they play at.

Project Brave is absolutely intentionally pricing smaller clubs out.

Morton are also at that level.

FWIW I’d happily see us ditch it entirely, despite our two youth products being among the rare positives of the season so far. If we’re slashing our first team budget then it doesn’t make sense to maintain a considerably higher level of funding than we were paying a couple of years for a youth system that’ll maybe produce one player good enough every couple of seasons.

3 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

We’re not heading for administration at the moment, not like your diddy outfit will be in years to come when Oil Roy disappears.

And I'll be on here doing what you're currently doing:

"It's nothing to do with how the club is currently run, it's all the fault of David N'Gog and his enormous wages several years ago. We're currently a very well run club that, despite running up ~£850k in losses for three years running, is living within its means."

33 minutes ago, yoda said:

Sophia, Tarmo Kink, and SandyCromarty all flailing about wildly as the club they love stares into the abyss.

Imagine posting a likeness of a charlatan like that.

Care to have a go at guessing the year when ICT made the whopping profit?

11 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The Council House must stay open.

It was confirmed last night that Inverness have held talks with The Highland Council to work together to leverage opportunities.

Our current squad aren’t losing money, not even sure what that means tbh. We are still suffering from the decisions of our past board in the Premiership.

As for the current board ‘adjusting’, they have missed several opportunities but we’d always have been in huge trouble unless we got promotion quickly or went part time. We simply can’t recover from these losses as a full time club in the Championship, without investment. I don’t think any club in this division could.

Are your current squad spending less than 1.3 million than the 16/18 squad? That would bring you back to break even. If your struggling to meet that target (+ a bit) why are you signing keetings etc rather than use youth?

I like how County fans only comeback when ICT fans mention McGregor in any capacity is ‘aww you got £900,000 from the council to go build your stadium.’ 

About 15 million in the last 10 years plunged into County - 900,000 23 years ago from the council to help build ICT a new stadium = definitely the same.

Are your current squad spending less than 1.3 million than the 16/18 squad? That would bring you back to break even. If your struggling to meet that target (+ a bit) why are you signing keetings etc rather than use youth?

We have used youth, £485,000 this year was invested into our youth in the hope it would dig us out of this hole and we have routinely let go our highest earners but as I’ve stated, it’s simply impossible for us to cut those losses while we’re in the Championship. Only a huge investment (like Ross County) or going part-time would help eliminate the losses that Cameron left us with. Our squad budget has already been cut several times since our relegation. The signing of James Keatings isn’t making a huge difference to our situation either.

15 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

as I’ve stated, it’s simply impossible for us to cut those losses while we’re in the Championship. 

It quite clearly is.  Which is why there are thousands of clubs not running at a loss outside of the premiership.  Your revenues hugely outweigh the likes of Elgin etc. 

You seem upset that it’s pointed out your losing money rapidly. If being a mid to top end championship club is unsustainable then lower the budget, it’s not difficult.  If that means PT then tough. A pt club finishing 7/8th going sustainably is far better than Ft team in 4th/5th losing money at crazy amounts.

Edited by parsforlife

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I like how County fans only comeback when ICT fans mention McGregor in any capacity is ‘aww you got £900,000 from the council to go build your stadium.’ 

About 15 million in the last 10 years plunged into County - 900,000 23 years ago from the council to help build ICT a new stadium = definitely the same.

Thing is, the money was only released from the public purse as part of the project to build a road under the bridge to allow easy access from the north to the city.

This is an investment that many think, for obvious reasons, was as unwanted as it was ill conceived.

It quite clearly is.  Which is why there are thousands of clubs not running at a loss outside of the premiership.  Your revenues hugely outweigh the likes of Elgin etc. 

You seem upset that it’s pointed out your losing money rapidly. If being a mid to top end championship club is unsustainable then lower the budget, it’s not difficult.  If that means PT then tough. A pt club finishing 7/8th going sustainably is far better than Ft team in 4th/5th losing money at crazy amounts.

I can’t tell if you cannot read or you are just a simpleton.

I said it’s virtually impossibly for a club our size in the Championship to cut such a large amount of losses. In fact it’s impossible without investment. I never said it was impossible to run sustainably, as we’ve done it in the past.

We’re not ‘losing money rapidly’ we just aren’t ‘gaining money rapidly’ which is what we need. We’re losing money at a much lower pace than we previously did, but that damage has been done and is almost irreversible without investement or dropping down to part-time football.

Edit - also, where are these ‘thousands’ of clubs not running at a loss outside of the Premiership?