That and it’s mental expensive. But yeah, there’s absolutely zero being done by the club to entice the stay away fans back. Or get new fans.

I feel sorry for the players. Guys like Walsh, Welsh, Keatings. They must run out and see all the blue seats and think ‘Jesus we’re playing well every week and no fucker in this town wants to know.’

What can the club actually do to get people back in though? It is expensive but in reality it’s the going rate for championship games these days, plus we can’t exactly afford to lower prices even if it was an option.

I may be blinkered in this as I will go to every game that I’m able to go and see but if people don’t want to go then they won’t go no matter what the club do, which I don’t even know what they actually could do.

I don't think it's significantly more expensive than it's been in the past. Maybe taking a couple of quid off the walk up prices since relegation would be an idea but season tickets remain good value overall. Definitely agree that the club could be doing more. They have details of previous season ticket holders and people who have bought tickets in the past. Could they not be contacting them via a mass weekly email to try and tempt them back? Or are we straying into GDPR issues here?

Edited by RiG

One of the biggest issues is that we seem to have people at the club responsible for PR, communications & community interactions yet over the years this has never improved or kept up with social media or come out with new ideas or formats. I get we have made cuts and maybe some multi-task but it has been a dedicated role in the past also, there are smaller clubs or even fan based formats run better than ours.

if the board & club cant be arsed to sell the product and market it locally then who will know about it. Unless you are already a fan or avid follower then there is nothing around town to highlight and advertise upcoming games and 1 shitty board at the side of the A9 only seen coming southbound on the bridge is not adequate. There is a whole town & city centre which seems to be deviod of any link to ICT - FFS visit Dingwall and even on the main street links to RC can be seen in shops and outlets.

37 minutes ago, RiG said:

I don't think it's significantly more expensive than it's been in the past. Maybe taking a couple of quid off the walk up prices since relegation would be an idea but season tickets remain good value overall. Definitely agree that the club could be doing more. They have details of previous season ticket holders and people who have bought tickets in the past. Could they not be contacting them via a mass weekly email to try and tempt them back? Or are we straying into GDPR issues here?

Correct, the club has maintained limited price rises over the past seasons on ST's.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

The Savage rumours will increase now with this news.

And I'll continue to deny them, whatever they are.  Unless they're true.

How many board members is that Caley have gone through in the last few years?

43 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I would guess at least 10.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Just about as many RC have went through managers.

16 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Just about as many RC have went through squads.

Indeed.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't take back the wonderful times of Uros Celcer, Terry Dunfield, Lewis Toshney and David N'Gog for anything.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

What next?

Big January clear out with players like Keatings, White, Walsh, Doran, Donaldson and any other sell-able assets away for 5 figure sums and some youth back from FW? Costs need slashed otherwise it'll be administration and the points deduction that goes with it. Lets hope we can hold off to get enough points until then that we won't be relegation fodder.

Those wishing for a wealthy investor and radical changes will likely be disappointed as the numbers associated with income to expenditure just don't stack up unfortunately. What we need is charitable donations on an annual basis as there is no return to consider it investments - so unless there's a business person/group looking to use it as a tax dodge like Uncle Roy we will be out of luck. (If they exist then why have they sat on the sidelines for so many years and not struck when we were at the 'peak'?)

38 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Big January clear out with players like Keatings, White, Walsh, Doran, Donaldson and any other sell-able assets away for 5 figure sums and some youth back from FW? Costs need slashed otherwise it'll be administration and the points deduction that goes with it. Lets hope we can hold off to get enough points until then that we won't be relegation fodder.

Those wishing for a wealthy investor and radical changes will likely be disappointed as the numbers associated with income to expenditure just don't stack up unfortunately. What we need is charitable donations on an annual basis as there is no return to consider it investments - so unless there's a business person/group looking to use it as a tax dodge like Uncle Roy we will be out of luck. (If they exist then why have they sat on the sidelines for so many years and not struck when we were at the 'peak'?)

I wish you would look less on the bright side and tell us how it really will pan out.

22 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Are Caley actually fucked or is this fella exaggerating?

He’s exaggerating. We didn’t sign the likes of Storey, Vincent, Keatings etc over the summer knowing that by September we would have no cash.

We do need investment to maintain our current level but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a certain Orion Group owner becoming chairman in the next few weeks. This isn’t some ITK stuff just a pure guess.