Interesting that Mackay, Harper, Machado and Macgregor have not been sent out on loan.

Maybe Robbo thinks these lads could push for a place in the first team?

I think that’s definitely the case. The only one of the players who’ve gone out on loan who has featured of the bench is Brown and that was a brief cameo, even though he set up a brilliant goal.

Those 4 along with Daniel Hoban and Lewis Hyde are the 6 youth players that have been kept with the squad. I’d be surprised if we don’t see them involved at some point.

Will Jack Waddington and Alan Simpson be appearing on the next podcast?

Was thinking more Scarlet Pimple, dougal or Laurence*

*I hope none of them have passed away yet

On 25/07/2019 at 17:32, Central Belt Caley said:

9 of our youth players have joined Fort William on loan

https://ictfc.com/nine-cagey-jags-join-fort-on-loan

Hopefully gets the lads a taste of competitive football

There's a BBC TV Scotland documentary on Fort William FC  this coming tues night. 

8 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Will Jack Waddington and Alan Simpson be appearing on the next podcast?

The long-term goal is to achieve massive cross-over success, be awarded a television contract like the Terrace boys and then bring Alan Simpson and Billy White face to face on camera in a UFC-style cage, having secretly shown Billy all of Alan's posts about Jordan White beforehand. 

7 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Was thinking more Scarlet Pimple, dougal or Laurence

Scarlet Pimple and Laurence, no. dougal could be interesting though...

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

There's a BBC TV Scotland documentary on Fort William FC  this coming tues night. 

I'm really looking forward to this. No idea if there's any crossover between the production teams, but BBC Scotland's Real Kashmir doc was superb.

10 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

I'm really looking forward to this. No idea if there's any crossover between the production teams, but BBC Scotland's Real Kashmir doc was superb.

It was really good, though I wasn't too impressed with Davie Robertson revealing that he wore his same 'lucky' underpants for every game throughout the season without washing them.

Interesting quote from David Dowling yesterday - "The first day of the new season is always something to look forward to. Fab start for Brora Rangers beating Caley Thistle Colts 6-0 to go top of the league after day one. Lots of very tough challenges ahead but great to start with a win."  

Is there much difference between Kashmir and Fort William ?

Quality of the sweaters.

We need Sean Welsh back immediately.  Trafford and Vincent (who I believe was only signed for the romance of it) in centre midfield are not going to get us to the Premiership.  They're far too static and want to play the ball sideways all the time.

Welsh is not only superb at breaking up play, he is always looking to drive us forward, and linked will with Walsh last season as i recall.

28 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We need Sean Welsh back immediately.  Trafford and Vincent (who I believe was only signed for the romance of it) in centre midfield are not going to get us to the Premiership.  They're far too static and want to play the ball sideways all the time.

Welsh is not only superb at breaking up play, he is always looking to drive us forward, and linked will with Walsh last season as i recall.

Absolutely,couldn't agree more.

All Vincent gives is giving the impression he's running the fuckin show by shouting at players to get into positions he seems to think are master strokes, feck sentimentality that's in the past.

Trafford I do have time for but he is good to go in one game and then absent in another.

Edited by SandyCromarty

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I’d have Carson ahead of both just now. At least when he came on yesterday he was trying to close down the ball in and put pressure on players in Dundee’s half. Which Trafford and Vincent barely got into throughout the whole game.

14 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’d have Carson ahead of both just now. At least when he came on yesterday he was trying to close down the ball in and put pressure on players in Dundee’s half. Which Trafford and Vincent barely got into throughout the whole game.

Yeah Carson has a bit of bite about him.  Trafford and Vincent just look really slow and cumbersome.  There's no dynamism in the middle of the park with those 2 there.

Was just reading a post on CTO I agreed with, which is rare.  Why bring on Curry ahead of MacGregor?  The latter is our own players and has looked dangerous whenever he's been on the ball.  Is this Robbo being guilty (again) of 'nepotism' towards his own signings, rather than his inherited ones?

Is Curry better than MacGregor, no where near it as far as I can see.

Curry is injured again. MacGregor should be ahead of Curry but is probably still in the pecking order behind Doran and Walsh. To me the big question is up front. White is NOT a target man. He is simply awful in the air and lacks mobility. Todorov beats him in both but White is evidently the better "box player" or "goal taker". I presume that Robbo will persevere with White but I can see a fitter Todorov taking over. And where do you play Keatings. I don't like see him playing deeper or in the so-called Number 10 role. He needs to be the second striker off the target man. To me Keatings and Todorov make more sense.

And what has happened to the back five. They looked like they hadn't played together before ?

Curry is a wide player and MacGregor is meant to be a central midfielder is he not? Certainly what someone at the game was saying yesterday.