"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

There's a misconception over on CTO that the board have lied about what players we have for this season.  There's a list with load of names with a line through them.  Half the players are still on holiday as Robbo asked the players to come in for training a week earlier than expected.

It's some gimp who's seen one picture of pre-season training and jumped to all kind of stupid conclusions.

24 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

There's a misconception over on CTO that the board have lied about what players we have for this season.  There's a list with load of names with a line through them.  Half the players are still on holiday as Robbo asked the players to come in for training a week earlier than expected.

It's some gimp who's seen one picture of pre-season training and jumped to all kind of stupid conclusions.

It's amazing how worked up people get over a picture of half the team running round a park or some conversation they have had with their pal.

They have absolutely nothing to base their claims on but seem to be going into meltdown. Quite staggering the amount of total roasters we have in our support.

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

It's amazing how worked up people get over a picture of half the team running round a park or some conversation they have had with their pal.

They have absolutely nothing to base their claims on but seem to be going into meltdown. Quite staggering the amount of total roasters we have in our support.

I nearly have an embolism every time i venture onto it.  For every voice of reason like ICTChris, there's about 20 utter zoomers.

34 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I seem to recall some posters raging the season after we were last relegated claiming that the board had lied about trying to win promotion back to the (then) SPL because we were struggling in mid table at the time.

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The club are acting like the last 10 years hasn't happened and that is cause for concern imo.

- Hiring John Robertson and a general return to hiring ICT old boys, such as Danny McDonald etc. Even going back to Errea as kit supplier;
- Not binning the likes of Brian Rice and Scott Kellacher who have played as big a part in our failings over the past couple of years as Hughes and Foran have;
- Unimaginative signings (i.e. players who have proven to be average at best in the league we are trying to get out of);
- Scouting the Highland League for players;
- Complete lack of communication with loyal staff and players;
- Not having a squad, or even a decent starting XI, at this point of pre-season.

None of these things would be worrying on their own, but when taken as a group they serve to signal a regressive attitude which differs markedly from the approach which allowed us to bounce straight back into the top league last time we were relegated. I think the boardroom changes that have played out over the past few months have allowed the dinosaurs to get their hands on the levers of power which is only going to be bad for the club.

Couldn't agree more.

If the people running the club presently are also running their businesses in the same fashion--------------------------------------------?????

Bring back Dougie.

Any word on when Mark Ridgers will sign :o?

I reckon a lot of trialists will be playing on Saturday with the hope of impressing Robbo, the trialists are: Joe Chalmers, David Ferguson, George Oakley, Egil Kaja and Scott Davidson, please do feel free to miss anyone I've missed lol.

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

nwGGRSf.jpg

Ivor Lawton = cool guy. Get him signed.

I can see him falling out with Martin Woods in the Castle Tavern over whether Belle and Sebastian's latest is a return to form or not.  

hqdefault.jpg

Caley Thistle looking to release Boden and bring in two new players (with some left over) with that wage. Superb news as Boden could well be one of the laziest, slow, static, most hopeless strikers I've ever had the misfortune to watch play for us. Also, he was apparently on £2,000 a week! Good lord.

Edited by Highland Capital

Good luck finding a willing buyer with that reference. If he's that useless then you'll actually end up having to pay a large part of his wages to leave the club. 

He's left, presumably with a pay off. He was awful.

Someone has posted on CTO that the Sun are saying we've signed Ricardo Calder, former Aston Villa youngster.

Good luck finding a willing buyer with that reference. If he's that useless then you'll actually end up having to pay a large part of his wages to leave the club. 

He's apparently having his contract terminated so he can join Wrexham, so hopefully we didn't have to fork out for it. Best description of him is imagine Henri Anier but smaller, lazier and slower. Quite easily one of the worst strikers we've had for a long time.

Let's be honest, Foran made some of the worst signings of any ICT manager ever. The only striker I can think of in recent times at ICT worse than Boden would be Lopez. His only highlights were scoring v Celtic and challenging a disabled Motherwell fan to a fight.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

He's left, presumably with a pay off. He was awful.

Someone has posted on CTO that the Sun are saying we've signed Ricardo Calder, former Aston Villa youngster.

Isn't he the boy who Dundee had on loan? He wasn't particularly great either.

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

Let's be honest, Foran made some of the worst signings of any ICT manager ever. The only striker I can think of in recent times at ICT worse than Boden would be Lopez. His only highlights were scoring v Celtic and challenging a disabled Motherwell fan to a fight.

And spitting on a St Johnstone youth player.  Horrid man, should've been sacked.

15 minutes ago, RiG said:

:lol:

Link please.