Didn't Hooman sign, get injured then get released before playing a game?

Something like that. There was some injury related to a metal plate in his foot as I recall.

Oswell only played about 2 games as well.  

Think he was signed in our greatest ever transfer window, summer 2013.  Where I think we signed Warren, Raven, Vincent, Tremarco, Watkins and Brill along with guys like him and Hooman.

Oswell only played about 2 games as well.  
Think he was signed in our greatest ever transfer window, summer 2013.  Where I think we signed Warren, Raven, Vincent, Tremarco, Watkins and Brill along with guys like him and Hooman.

Oswell was 2012 I think along with Raven, Draper and Warren. Vincent, Tremarco, Brill, Watkins and Hooman were 2013 I think.

1 minute ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Oswell was 2012 I think along with Raven, Draper and Warren. Vincent, Tremarco, Brill, Watkins and Hooman were 2013 I think.

Yeah you're right, 2012/13 and 13/14 we had the same strip and I always forget who played both seasons in it.

Edit - that was a great strip IMO.

Image result for nick ross ict

Edited by TheScarf

Yeah you're right, 2012/13 and 13/14 we had the same strip and I always forget who played both seasons in it.
Edit - that was a great strip IMO.
9704232.jpg?display=1%26htype=0%26type=responsive-gallery&key=1ffceed7317a6b66969e1e90f7631710c482f8e19772e40b8e86b685030e6bd5

Yeah I liked it too.

Just checked up on those transfer windows. In 2012 we also signed Pepper, Simon King, Reguero, Phil Roberts ( :lol: ), Andre Blackman ( :lol: :lol: ), Matt Cooper and George Brislen-Hall. In January we signed Devine, Charlie Taylor and Jordan Gibbons.

In 2013/14 we signed guys like Tremarco, Brill, Watkins, Tansey, Vincent but we also signed Ben ‘Football’s Next Star’ Greenhalgh, Curtis Allen, Norwegian Toby, Danny Williams, Adam Evans and Joe IRA Gorman.

Butcher was good for a gem but also good for an absolute dud.

I’ve had a few non-ICT fans ask me about Greenhalgh in the past. I’ve always said as well that he *did* have talent. He was very quick and skilful and also had a cross on him. The problem was though was that he was far too lightweight to survive in Scottish football.

Andre Blackman ( )

Butcher was good for a gem but also good for an absolute dud.

Tbf he had a light touch and a good eye...

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Big Charlie Taylor, now a regular in The Barclays. fondly remembered for admitting to me in the pub that night that he dived for the winning penalty against County.

I’ve had a few non-ICT fans ask me about Greenhalgh in the past. I’ve always said as well that he *did* have talent. He was very quick and skilful and also had a cross on him. The problem was though was that he was far too lightweight to survive in Scottish football.

I can’t remember the game (possibly Dundee away) but I remember he had a golden chance to score and just absolutely shat it. Probably why he went from Inter Milan to Stenhousemuir in the space of 3 years, he’s like the anti-Andy Robertson.

Still, he’d probably rank about 2nd or 3rd in John Hughes’ best signings.

That's us signed OFW.

I'm almost scared to ask as I seem to recall some negative posts about him, but what kind of player are we getting? Decent enough signing for our level?

12 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's us signed OFW.

I'm almost scared to ask as I seem to recall some negative posts about him, but what kind of player are we getting? Decent enough signing for our level?

Pre euros ofw - yes

Post euros ofw - no

He threw in some outrageous concessions that Foran's team could ill afford.

15 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's us signed OFW.

A decent enough keeper and I believe he has a thriving sideline as a painter and decorator so I would think that that is a plus for the Hammies.

15 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's us signed OFW.

Not the best keeper we've ever had but certainly not the worst. Made some great saves at times but was also capable of chucking one in the net. He, along with the entire team, had a rotten 16/17 season under Foran when we were relegated but he, along with the likes of Draper, Mckay and Tansey, were all being made to play with injuries because our plight was so desperate. He'll likely be fine for you guys most weeks but every so often you'll likely find yourself cursing him for costing you a goal.

That's us signed OFW.

According to a recent interview he gave up here he could barely walk during our relegation season but we still played him every week. If that is true, which wouldn’t surprise me the was the club was run/managed that year, then he is a solid keeper for the Premiership. He will have his moments where he lets one in that he should save easily but if he didn’t do that he wouldn’t have been playing for us.

Fôn Williams’ mistakes didn’t just start in his second season, they started in his first ever game. The only time I ever saw him for Tranmere he made an absolute clanger too. He’d make some top saves but he made far too many mistakes in both seasons, not just the one where he said he was injured.

I remember in the first season, people were speculating he wasn’t being dropped so that he would go to the Euros and we would get a large sum (likely spunked on some jobber like Jake Mulraney).

I’d say he’s a bottom 6 level goalkeeper, but it has to be noted that in the past two seasons he has only played a season in America and a handful of Championship games. He hasn’t played since around November.

14 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Fôn Williams’ mistakes didn’t just start in his second season, they started in his first ever game.

Yup, he failed to organise a wall for the Astra free-kick that ultimately knocked us out of Europe, though I tend to blame Yogi for chucking him in to that game the day after we signed him. 

Yup, he failed to organise a wall for the Astra free-kick that ultimately knocked us out of Europe, though I tend to blame Yogi for chucking him in to that game the day after we signed him. 

Also wouldn’t say he did the best job on saving the free kick either.

7 hours ago, CaleyStan said:

I always look back on that game and think he could have got a stronger hand to ball.

Mmmm. Doesn't sound too promising.

Cheers for the replies lads.
He's not a world beater just not a bad keeper. Will do a job if the defence pick up on his quirks and cover it before it's an issue.