"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Have you cut back this year like Morton, Dunfermline, Queens and Ayr or will it be a similar budget to last season?

I imagine we have made cuts again this season. However we have also lost Polworth who would, I would have thought, been one of our top earners and finally got rid of Fon Williams, who was on an insane amount of money so I don’t think it will make a massive amount of difference.

Again this is a total guess from me but I think our squad is pretty much set now barring 1 or 2 more coming in.

Yep I'm guessing about the same. OFW was probably on 70-80k a year to sit in the stands so hopefully Robbo has been given some of that to sign a couple of players. 

16 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Some players are best kept in the past. I think Vincent was one of those. A mediocre player at best and this dancing in the streets from some over his return is weird but sadly quite predictable.

I'll go with that, he did us a good turn in the past no doubt but I'm not over enthusiastic on  his return, I would have preferred to see us bring in a younger midfielder who will give us a good 2-3 years..

The argument for will be budget wise and pissing with the cock you've got but there's an abundance of players out there looking for a slot.

4 signings in so far but it’s all a bit unknown still. Keatings and Vincent are relatively solid signings, which is the best type of signing we’re going to get atm. Carson is a total unknown and I don’t even know what position he really plays, and Todorov is a bit uninspiring but he’s unlikely to be playing ahead of White and Keatings anyway.

Polworth will be a big miss, which is why I’m hoping we can get McDonald back. Chalmers I’m not too fussed about, and he’s being replaced with Vincent who is similarly ‘meh’ but should do the same job. McCauley and Austin I’m not too bothered about at all.

Hopefully we see guys like McKay, MacGregor, Harper, Machado etc supplement the first-team squad as it would allow money to be used elsewhere as well as using youth.

Would still like to see another RB come in. CB and LB are positions I’d like to see additions in but we’re unlikely to get another CB unless Coll leaves and McHattie signing on has killed any hope of a competent backup for Tremarco.

4 signings in so far but it’s all a bit unknown still. Keatings and Vincent are relatively solid signings, which is the best type of signing we’re going to get atm. Carson is a total unknown and I don’t even know what position he really plays, and Todorov is a bit uninspiring but he’s unlikely to be playing ahead of White and Keatings anyway.

Polworth will be a big miss, which is why I’m hoping we can get McDonald back. Chalmers I’m not too fussed about, and he’s being replaced with Vincent who is similarly ‘meh’ but should do the same job. McCauley and Austin I’m not too bothered about at all.

Hopefully we see guys like McKay, MacGregor, Harper, Machado etc supplement the first-team squad as it would allow money to be used elsewhere as well as using youth.

Would still like to see another RB come in. CB and LB are positions I’d like to see additions in but we’re unlikely to get another CB unless Coll leaves and McHattie signing on has killed any hope of a competent backup for Tremarco.

Nail on head here. I think we are light in wingers as well but I’m starting to think macgregor and macahdo are going to be given a chance as they were strolling through the youth games, I know it’s a big jump but I’m actually okay with this. Mackay could probably do with a loan away imo. Made an impact when first making appearances in our first year in the championship but last season he looked exactly what he his, a young boy, but all the fans expect him to be some sort of superstar for this level.

Is there any news on Higginbotham? Haven’t heard of him signing for anyone yet.
He signed for Real Kashmir earlier this week (I think).

Kink mentioned more use of our youth players, for me I am hoping we will see more of Machado as he did impress on the video play I saw last season, however the problem with young lightweight players is that they are fodder for the older experienced defenders as we saw with the likes of Christie and Polworth in their early days, so it always important to carefully blood them as subs in a game that will allow them some movement and experience. 

He signed for Real Kashmir earlier this week (I think).

Just saw it confirmed there on the BBC website. That’ll be twice he’s knocked us back now (apparently).
I still think we need another winger. Walsh and Doran are good (though the latter is more a wide player/inside forward now) and with McCauley away I’d like one more option for out there.

I listened to Higginbothams interview on last Saturday afternoon's Sportsound and during it he repeatedly said that his move to Real Kashmir was because he wanted to try something different, for those of you who have travelled to India you will know how different and so very difficult the culture can be for a European, however to leave a young family behind and move to an area of intense conflict that India and Pakistan rigorously contest is to me foolish and beyond "trying something different".

A look at the Foreign Office travel advice on Kashmir sums it up.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I listened to Higginbothams interview on last Saturday afternoon's Sportsound and during it he repeatedly said that his move to Real Kashmir was because he wanted to try something different, for those of you who have travelled to India you will know how different and so very difficult the culture can be for a European, however to leave a young family behind and move to an area of intense conflict that India and Pakistan rigorously contest is to me foolish and beyond "trying something different".

A look at the Foreign Office travel advice on Kashmir sums it up.

Should have offered him digs down the ferry if he wanted a culture change.