"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

I've still l got it as a bookmark but probably only click onto it a couple of times a week, and only for about 2 minutes at a time.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Has Caley D quit CTO?  Not seem his name crop up recently.

Edit - aye @The Mantisis a v v v v good poster on there and on here.

Sook.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Absolutely spot on with yer observation, I have a look from time to time and cannot believe how some of the moderators overreact what to me is a little banter but to certain moderators it's highly derogatory and worthy of  a loaded gun warning, and yes the site is on it's knees due to this.

I came out of the site many many years ago when that self opinionated clown  Caley D was lording over the site. 

Mind you I always have a lot of time for Mantis and his weighted and sensible posts.

Sook.

Is @RiG shite then :whistle

I think Scotty and CaleyD are joint owners of the site but Don stood down as a mod. I think they have to pay a fair bit to keep it going so that's why they have sponsors. Away back in the early days Scotty had a few mates like me and Gringo who drank at the Caley Inn so that's why we were mods.

The site was far more popular back then,  and in the seaside leagues most of the posters knew each other so there was less hassle, but fans forums have all moved on, it's not just CTO that has suffered with the growth of other media. It would be good to get younger mods but people can't be ersed. It's a thankless task and there's usually more going on under the surface than people realise.

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Sook.

Sook.

Is @RiG shite then :whistle

I think Scotty and CaleyD are joint owners of the site but Don stood down as a mod. I think they have to pay a fair bit to keep it going so that's why they have sponsors. Away back in the early days Scotty had a few mates like me and Gringo who drank at the Caley Inn so that's why we were mods.

The site was far more popular back then,  and in the seaside leagues most of the posters knew each other so there was less hassle, but fans forums have all moved on, it's not just CTO that has suffered with the growth of other media. It would be good to get younger mods but people can't be ersed. It's a thankless task and there's usually more going on under the surface than people realise.

Thanks Mantis and TBF Scotty has always come across as a nice reasonable man but I feel he gave Caley D too much leeway, I left when he posted a highly offensive disgusting picture of a well known poster on CTO and from time to time on here.

I did read that Scotty is experiencing serious health issues at the moment and I sincerely hope, as I know he will, that he comes through it fit and healthy.

Looked a bit of a haddy most of the time I saw him play but sometimes looked like there might be glimpses of a player in there. A good pre season might have made a difference for the guy so I'm a bit sad to see him go. Hopefully we've got a few faces coming in to play in the wide areas.

So long. Farewell. Auf wiedersehen. Goodbye.

Weird move considering he knocked back Derry to sign for us. I’d have liked to have seen how he’d have done with a proper pre-season behind him which alas now shall never be.

Think he was doing some sort of degree whilst playing in North Ireland hence why he didn't look fit.  A full time pre-season and training most days would've seen him shift a bit of timber he seemed to carry.

Ah well, will be interesting to see who Robbo brings in.

Have we ever signed a player from Northern Ireland and it's actually worked out?  Curtis Allen was also 'homesick' and unfit as I recall.  I can't think of any other players we've brought in from the Irish League.

2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Have we ever signed a player from Northern Ireland and it's actually worked out?  Curtis Allen was also 'homesick' and unfit as I recall.  I can't think of any other players we've brought in from the Irish League.

Billy Mackay?

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Billy Mackay?

He was signed from Northampton.  He's also from Corby.  I was more meaning players we've signed directly from the Irish League.

Edited by Highland Capital