4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Three of our starting defenders (Tanser and Kerr been regulars all season, Gordon replacing Shaughnessy) over the past 10 games are younger than Donaldson :lol:

Hes only a year younger than our club captain CB who's played over 100 games :lol:

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Even still, we got offered £100k up front for Jason Kerr in January, who's already a better defender than Donaldson will ever be. 

Expecting a six figure fee is just deluded.

The only defending I'm seeing right now is you trying to defend a shite season, end of.

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

The only defending I'm seeing right now is you trying to defend a shite season, end of.

Shite season? We finished 7th, with more points than Hearts, and the average age of the squad has plummeted. I've literally no idea what your point is.

I can only conclude you realised that proclaiming a 25yo CB, who's a joke figure to all but ICT fans, as some promising young player who'll demand up to half a million pounds is laughable and have decided to set the phasers to deflect.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Shite season? We finished 7th, with more points than Hearts, and the average age of the squad has plummeted. I've literally no idea what your point is.

I can only conclude you realised that proclaiming a 25yo CB, who's a joke figure to all but ICT fans, as some promising young player who'll demand up to half a million pounds is laughable and have decided to set the phasers to deflect.

Goals For - 48  Goals Against - 48   

Terrific Defending

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Goals For - 48  Goals Against - 48   

Terrific Defending

Four more than ICT conceded, in a higher tier. 

Staggered it was so close considering we've got ageing diddies like Kerr while you've got the future Scotland captain Donaldson. 

I don’t think 100k is completely unreasonable for Donaldson, but we’re likely to accept anything. Jason Kerr should be worth a lot more than 100k, but people tend to judge the player by the club they play for rather than their actual ability.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The only bad game I saw he had was his first run out for us against Dumbarton the season before.

The St Johnstone fan is basing his opinion on a few seasons ago, Coll has very much matured  since then.

How many games do you avoid then, what's your excuse for Donaldson after last nights nightmare performance then, or was getting ragdolled by an unfit, piss poor Sow acceptable?

Edited by frankthetank22

9 hours ago, Comrie said:

Pretty sure Caley signed White on a two year deal. I don't rate him as a footballer in terms of skill, but he's a big wrecking machine when on form and a decent weapon in the Championship.

That's a very good description of the boy. It took him a while to get going, and a bit longer for the fans to get those qualities, but in the end I would be sorry to lose him. 

6 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

That Dumbarton game was arguably our worst game since being relegated. I remember Chalmers shitting out of a 70/30 challenge in his favour.

It was the lowest I've ever felt after a game because it pointed towards successive relegations and potential oblivion.  Massive credit to Robbo for the way he's turned it around from there. I was screaming for his head afterwards. 

Perhaps or maybe or should we read too much into Donaldsons recent twitter post ? - "Been a pleasure working with all these boys this season! Disappointing way to end but we certainly have a lot of positives to look back on! See yous next season"

LOL So many takers for the Caley Thistle curse???

I take it all these players our rivals are falling over themselves to sign will automatically be first choice and not bench warmers or simply squad players and the fans will get behind them and have the patience to give them time to get up to the standard required at their new bigger club.

Not bothered about Chalmers, would be disappointed to lose Donaldson

Not bothered about Donaldson, would be disappointed to sign Chalmers.

Well we have to move on to next season now. I’d expect (more hope) Fon Williams, Austin and McHattie are away at the end of their contracts. Polworth and Chalmers are away anyway. Hopefully the wages freed up by them (especially OFW) will allow is to bring in a few more players in addition to Keatings and Carson. I’d like to see some of the young boys like MacKay, McGregor, Machado, Harper etc get a run out in the Betfred Cup groups and the early round(s) of the Irn-Bru Cup as we’ll be needing them at some point I think.

Was told yesterday Mchattie has a new contract on the table. How true this is I’m not sure but no reason to disbelieve the person who said. I’m not fussed either way about him tbh

McHattie is someone you could take or leave.  Alright in a few positions but not exactly outstanding in any of them - essentially the new Lewis Horner or David Proctor.  I'm not sure I'd offer if a contract if I'm honest.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s offered a deal, we’ve apparently offered Austin one so it seems we’re looking to keep everyone apart from OFW.

My only worry with McHattie is that he’s not great, and our other left-back could go over the hill at any moment. I’d rather have a look for another LB.

Nathan Austin has just been unveiled by Kelty Hearts.
Poor b*****ds

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Nathan Austin has just been unveiled by Kelty Hearts.

I just hope that he's able to raise his game to play at that level.

A bit embarrassing if we did offer Nathan Austin a further year deal and he knocked it back for Kelty Hearts. Same goes for the offer from Airdrie, maybes it shows the ambition of the club if they have signed Austin plus a couple of Forfar players who played regularly and the back up left back from East Fife to have a real go at winning the Lowland League. Fair play to them even if Barry Ferguson is their manager.