"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

21 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Who is BRE? Big Robert Earnshaw?

I think we should get Nauris Bulvitis back. A bit part player in Plymouth's race to the League 2 title last year and Derek Adams may be happy to loan him out.

Ben Richards Everton. He was fucking shite when we cuffed Dunfermline in the League Cup last year and it seems that this is the norm. A defence with "BRE", Mckay and Chalmers sounds like a right old laugh.

Bloody Robert Eagle would be a better signing.

Edited by RiG

I'm not too concerned about the majority of these uninspiring rumours given that they are mostly all defenders / keepers: areas in which we are well-covered already. We need some ballast to stick on the bench and they won't be starters.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely you guys must have some young talent to call on. The highland academy has been going for years now and it doesn't seem to have produced an awful lot of first team regulars or big money sales.

Ryan Christie did win Young Player of the Year but we don't seem to have pushed players into even fringe first team contention.  Liam Polworth has been a regular but he's the only one other than Christie in the last few years.

We have got rid of our development team this year, same as we did last time we were relegated, but we'll be running teams up to the Under 19 level.  Last time we came down Graeme Shinnie, Gavin Morrison and Nick Ross were all given debuts so it could be that the reduced budget might mean young players get a chance.  We've got seven youth players who will be pushed into the first team squad.  Some fans have said Andrew MacRae is decent but I always think it's a bit hit and miss looking at players in the development games.  There's also some talk we'll loan players out to Highland League teams, which is generally a halfway house to the door.

37 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Ryan Christie did win Young Player of the Year but we don't seem to have pushed players into even fringe first team contention.  Liam Polworth has been a regular but he's the only one other than Christie in the last few years.

We have got rid of our development team this year, same as we did last time we were relegated, but we'll be running teams up to the Under 19 level.  Last time we came down Graeme Shinnie, Gavin Morrison and Nick Ross were all given debuts so it could be that the reduced budget might mean young players get a chance.  We've got seven youth players who will be pushed into the first team squad.  Some fans have said Andrew MacRae is decent but I always think it's a bit hit and miss looking at players in the development games.  There's also some talk we'll loan players out to Highland League teams, which is generally a halfway house to the door.

Yeah christie was the only name i.could think of but I wasn't sure whether he'd come through the highland academy or not. Ross County havent done much better at bringing through young talent as far as I can we either.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

17 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Robbo making good use of his contacts then. Imagine a defence with Brad McKay and Joe Chalmers in it. 

If I didn't know you better I'd swear you were enjoying this. 

18 hours ago, caleyjaggi said:

P&J saying Baird deal done and we're going to have Joe Chalmers and David Ferguson, released by Motherwell, training with us from tomorrow. Also two young lads from England featuring as trialists soon.

Can't say I'm overly impressed with the Baird signing, bit of a journeyman on his travels but I'll wait and see how he progresses and I wish him well, considering where we are financially with a reduced first team squad and coming so late into the transfer market we can only piss with the cock we've got.

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

Can't say I'm overly impressed with the Baird signing, bit of a journeyman on his travels but I'll wait and see how he progresses and I wish him well, considering where we are financially with a reduced first team squad and coming so late into the transfer market we can only piss with the cock we've got.

Overall was a good signing for us.  Journeyman you say, but rattled in a very decent total for us in an excellent first season (with the bigger fish in the league), when his work rate & scoring were top notch; sadly in his second year the goal return dropped off badly. But never stopped harassing defenders and always looking to contribute. Made a pest of himself, in a good sense i.e. when he's in your team. Liked him & his attitude, wish him well, obv except for 4 games. Expect he'll get into double figures for you, and undoubtedly will score against us. 

2 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Overall was a good signing for us.  Journeyman you say, but rattled in a very decent total for us in an excellent first season (with the bigger fish in the league), when his work rate & scoring were top notch; sadly in his second year the goal return dropped off badly. But never stopped harassing defenders and always looking to contribute. Made a pest of himself, in a good sense i.e. when he's in your team. Liked him & his attitude, wish him well, obv except for 4 games. Expect he'll get into double figures for you, and undoubtedly will score against us. 

Was he starting a lot for you last season? Or was he more of an impact sub?

Someone on CTO saying we've got Rory McAllister training with us. Probably pish. Unsure if he could take his goals up to this level but has to be worth a look at least.

Can't see that one either. Another, probably pish rumour, is we're interested in Sean Dillon, released by Dundee United.