• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Some 2nd hand info from the fans forum last night;

• Polworth will have to take a pay cut to stay on next season.
  • Mulraney's contract from the old board was mental, apparently if we didn't get rid of him, he had a clause in his contract where his wages would double.
  • Contract's handed out by the previous board had some mental clauses in them in general.
  • The 'Bank of Dingwall' gave us 100k for Draper.
  • We were in for strikers who are currently playing in the Championship, wages agreed but agents scuppered the deals wanting their 10%.
  • We offered one particular player £600 a week but was told United 'offered double'.
  • Extremely hard to attract established players, we had to approach young, single players with no central belt ties.  Hence Rooney, Walsh, Chalmers.
  • We are 6/10 in terms of first team budget.  Those with a bigger one are United, County, Partick, Falkirk and Dunfermline.
  • We can never get the Highland Football Academy as County block book it whether they use it or not.
  • Robbo is against using Hearts youth players on loan as they probably won't be better than we have and if we did use them, it would piss off the signed players.  Plus is is extremely excited about Danny McKay and Roddy MacGregor.

Not an awful lot we probably couldn't tell or guess already.  Horrifying stories about contracts and clauses.

If that's all true, there's some incompetence to the point of criminal negligence.  Some of it sounds like excuses, though.

Also, I'm not having that about the HFA.  It's quite possible for the general public to book it, so I'm not quite sure why Inverness can't book it in advance.

Hi guys, for those of youse able to travel tonight and want a refreshment

Hawkhill bowling club Hawkhill avenue open from 5-30 pm

50yards from the ground and  the car park can take a supporters bus no problem If there early enough

all the best

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Also, I'm not having that about the HFA.  It's quite possible for the general public to book it, so I'm not quite sure why Inverness can't book it in advance.

On a Sunday afternoon, maybe.

If that United player was Shankland then I guess that's where your manager got that "some players at Ayr are on a grand a week" line. Although it'd still be very surprising if we're paying him anything like that, never mind £1200.

The previous board has no idea what they were doing and stumbled onto a great team thanks to Terry Butcher, who basically ran the club.

The current board also have no idea what they are doing but could end up doing the right things by accident.

I never liked Butcher but being an egotistical narcissist is not a bad thing for a leader. Plus he was a "name" and attracted players sometimes on that basis alone. But our scouting team were second to none at that time, Butcher bullied the Board into bigger signing on fees, contracts and wages  but when a dictator is challenged then it becomes a personal battle and his "evil" personna took over. As for the current board they are utterly clueless about football. They were brought in to sort out the finances and try to bring the club back to an even keel. Others have sorted out the communication problems and if anyone is changing the football side it is Robbo, abetted by the likes of Messrs Esson, Tokely and Wilson.

On 08/12/2018 at 00:46, UpInTheAyr said:

If that United player was Shankland then I guess that's where your manager got that "some players at Ayr are on a grand a week" line. Although it'd still be very surprising if we're paying him anything like that, never mind £1200.

I reckon the reference was to Dundee United and Craig Curran.  And yep, I'd very much doubt Ayr United are paying more wages than ICT are.  Given where both clubs have been playing for the last decade or so. (Not a dig at Ayr United btw, just going by income playing in the SPL/Prem against League One/Championship).

Alright lads,

I've written a short story, and since it's about Inverness, I thought it would make sense to post it here.

"How The f**k Are We Winning This?" - https://accentunknown.wordpress.com/2018/12/04/how-the-f**k-are-we-winning-this/#more-735

Give it a read and let me know what you think

I reckon the reference was to Dundee United and Craig Curran.  And yep, I'd very much doubt Ayr United are paying more wages than ICT are.  Given where both clubs have been playing for the last decade or so. (Not a dig at Ayr United btw, just going by income playing in the SPL/Prem against League One/Championship).

I think it’s well known Shankland turned down teams offering him more money and I think we did bump his wage up but not that much.

If he was after more money he’d be away by now. Perfectly reasonable suggestion that Inverness could offer higher wages than us.

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

. Perfectly reasonable suggestion that Inverness could offer higher wages than us.

Inv£ern£$$ Cal£donian Thistl£ IMO.

Edited by ICTChris

18 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

I've written a short story,

Too short, didn't read.

Chick Young tells a similar story about his step father in the immediate aftermath of St Mirren's cup win.

It seemed that some of the team wouldn't be good enough for the new season.

I like the fact that you chose Inverness as a Highland team as they have previous European experience. Anything else would be fantastical.

I see Riccardo Calder got nine months in the slammer.

The report on STV answers the burning “who’s shoe was it?!!!” question.

30 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The report on STV answers the burning “who’s shoe was it?!!!” question.

I believe the guy who posted that is also on the board of Caley Jags Forever Together.  No wonder folk aren't turning up at their AGMs.

Also, does that clown on CTO still think Calder is 'a good guy'?

Edited by Highland Capital

4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I see Riccardo Calder got nine months in the slammer.

Hopefully he will spend the time reflecting on the stupidity of his actions but that he also gets help for his anger issues.

Could have obvious implications on his future career and if he actually has one in football or not. Have no sympathy for the guy for doing what he did but hope that this is not the defining moment of his career as a professional footballer.