"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

22 minutes ago, RiG said:

Hughes said he would get double figures that season for us. What banter.

Presumably this was before his debut against St Mirren in a friendly where in his attempted first touch, the ball ran under his foot and out for a throw in.  Or indeed his first shot, which he fresh aired and landed on his arse.

21 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Presumably this was before his debut against St Mirren in a friendly where in his attempted first touch, the ball ran under his foot and out for a throw in.  Or indeed his first shot, which he fresh aired and landed on his arse.

You could tell after about 30 seconds of watching the guy he was a duffer. Not sure what Hughes saw which made him think let's get him in.

In other news the club have apparently identified and banned supporters involved in the Polworth chanting at the weekend.

On 11/08/2018 at 20:43, Snafu said:

Who would live in Paisley and lower their quality of life after living in the Jewel of the Highlands that is Inverness?

Watch Polly magically transform into a midfield general after 31st August.

He is believed to be excited at the prospect of mains electricity and broadband. Pretty sure he will be a star for the Saints.

4 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Are we likely to get anybody in before August 31st because, imho, we need a striker that will get us 20+ goals a season and possibly a central midfielder if Polworth leaves?

Funny you should ask Shaun.

I'm not sure he'll get 20+ but Ryan Christie will skoosh this league.

For those who are interested, in this week's Longman Football Podcast, our former midfielder Owain Tudur Jones interviews Gary Warren.  Quite a few tales about his time at the club, Terry Butcher, Steve Marsella and some motivational speaker guy called 'Big D'.

Are we likely to get anybody in before August 31st because, imho, we need a striker that will get us 20+ goals a season and possibly a central midfielder if Polworth leaves?

Good luck finding a striker who’s guaranteed to get 20+ goals and the best offer he gets will be from us.

11 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Good luck finding a striker who’s guaranteed to get 20+ goals and the best offer he gets will be from us.

We were in for Shankland in the summer but for some inexplicable reason didn't make him a particularly good offer so he chose to stay with Ayr who, when they offered him a new contract, easily blew our water out of the water. I don't know what kind of budget Ayr have, and I'm not saying they are loaded, more saying that it shows how laughable our original contract offer to the guy was.

Similarities to when we tried to get Buckie to give us their Player of the Season for nothing :lol:

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

We were in for Shankland in the summer but for some inexplicable reason didn't make him a particularly good offer so he chose to stay with Ayr who, when they offered him a new contract, easily blew our water out of the water. I don't know what kind of budget Ayr have, and I'm not saying they are loaded, more saying that it shows how laughable our original contract offer to the guy was.

Similarities to when we tried to get Buckie to give us their Player of the Season for nothing :lol:

I don't think Shankland would have been that interested in coming up here anyway but yeah, at least give him an offer where he has to seriously consider it.

I am not a fan of these low ball offers and major cost cutting when all the advertising is about how we want to get promoted back to the Premiership.

44 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

We’re interested in Ryan Dow according to the P&J.

Let's hope our 5th choice striker doesn't reject you this time after Greg Morrison did it last season.   

Dow has actually started the season okay in his substitute appearances but he's never going to be a starter with the squad we have now.

Edited by staggy4life