"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

I had a look and I see what you mean, btw that Scarlet Pimple waffles on a bit, he must be in an isolation ward in a home with no fecker to talk to or annoy, imagine being taken hostage in Afghanistan and getting thrown into  a cell and finding him in with you,  after a week or so you'd end up begging the terrorists to shoot you.

One of Scarlet Pimple’s posts -

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Not been here for a while but does Highland Capital come across as the SP of P@B ? If not give me a feckin Sensible post ?

Happy talk keep talking happy talk. Talk about things you'd like to do. You gotta have a dream,  if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?
Talk about a moon floating in the sky

14 hours ago, RiG said:

It won't be. We're at the bargain basement end of the league when it comes to wages now guys. Gone are the days when we could offer four figures to get players to sign for us. They're lucky if they get above £600 - £700 a week at ICT these days. That's just the financial situation we find ourselves in.

:lol:

Not disputing your numbers but if they are getting £600+ you are not remotely near the "bargain basement" end of the League.

10 hours ago, sophia said:
Happy talk keep talking happy talk. Talk about things you'd like to do. You gotta have a dream,  if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?
Talk about a moon floating in the sky

Thank you. I thought the world was going Trumpy.

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not disputing your numbers but if they are getting £600+ you are not remotely near the "bargain basement" end of the League.

So what is the Dumfries average ?

20 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Height or Weight? 

Good point. Most Doomhammers are shortersed and obese as I recall from previous Palmerston jaunts. At least we can all guess the average IQ !! Be interesting however to know the wage structures. Presume that they are still paid in shillings at Alloa ?

Graham Rae's latest....

"Financial implications. A second season in the Championship has implications for the way we must run the club.    We estimate the loss of income this season was £1.2 million through smaller gates, fewer visiting supporters, the absence of television monies and reduced prizemoney.  In the coming season, our parachute payment will be reduced from £300,000 to £150,000 and we no longer qualify for the UEFA payment for Celtic reaching the Champions League stage – a payment of £374,000.  So the challenges are even greater.   More than £900,000 has been injected into the club and more is needed.  It is clear we need a more sustainable business model.  And significant savings are being made to all aspects of the operation in order to better balance income against expenditure."

and on the interminable land deal:

"we are now very close to securing an agreement"

With that type of backdrop, fielding what looks like a competitive team is an impressive achievement 

On 7/13/2018 at 23:30, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah a fair point! I meant more that ICT pay lower wages than a lot of the teams in the league especially those gunning for promotion. Dunfermline, Falkirk, United, County, Partick at the very least can offer more than we do. Poorly worded.

14 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

What we're missing is a nails-for-breakfast, ball winning, breaking up play central midfielder.  Is Welsh one of those?

The "breaking up" is relevant, but it's related to his body breaking up any time someone kicks him. If you can get 30 games out of him he'll be fine but given his appearance record at Falkirk was even worse than with us I'd be very surprised if that happened.