"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

and despite all of his wind, I'm told that A Savage was conspicuous by his absence at tonight's agm. 

Macgillivary snr asked some questions about the time that the club was brought to the point of bankruptcy and theatrically left afterwards.

Only one mention of dolphins tonight but Graham Rae did quote Martin Luther King and he has a dream .... the dream is based on the Dunfermline model.

I don't think it involves little black stripes together with little white stripes and relocating way down south of Auchtermuchty, rather a community club with no one entity having more than 10% voting rights.

Anyone know if there is any truth in the reports linking Vincent with a move back to ICT?

Think it's pretty standard "ex player of club X has been released and is immediately linked with a return". He's not what we need right now so I'd be surprised to see him back.

Think it's pretty standard "ex player of club X has been released and is immediately linked with a return". He's not what we need right now so I'd be surprised to see him back.

Just fucking take him m8.

On 11/12/2017 at 16:58, SandyCromarty said:

Good luck to Mulraney, hopefully he will do well with Hearts and learn to produce a final ball to their strikers, he has been good for us these last few games and I wish him well.

Cooper to replace his position I would think, there has been a lot of negativity surrounding him from our fans and from fans of his previous clubs, but we heard the same about Donaldson and he is doing nicely now.

As for Cooper there was a recent game,(I forget which), where he worked his socks off and was a standout, now if he could maintain that type of play--------------

On 15/12/2017 at 05:33, Alert Mongoose said:

Relieved to see Mulraney going. Going by the comments he obviously didn't turn it on every game but he tore us to shreds at Tannadice in our last game.

Interesting to see the ICT perspective of Mulraney. Has always caused Dunfermline problems when he has came up against us and from those limited appearances it is hard to see how he isn't a firm favourite. Is it more the "bad apple" tag he's got or is he genuinely very inconsistent?

I suppose being at this level will explain possibly why he didn't make it in England initially - Hearts may be a good move for him. I'm in the same boat as Mongoose: if he leaves, it can only be good news for the other 9 Championship clubs. 

7 hours ago, RiG said:

It’s coming up for Christmas.  Can you not have lied and made a good few Dees happy? :lol:.  Cheers anyway.

On 21/12/2017 at 10:19, Shadow Play said:

Anyone know if there is any truth in the reports linking Vincent with a move back to ICT?

On 21/12/2017 at 12:02, Ludo*1 said:

Just fucking take him m8.

It's Xmas, can't beat a  game of Pass the Parcel :lol:

On 21/12/2017 at 14:45, dafcburty said:

Interesting to see the ICT perspective of Mulraney. Has always caused Dunfermline problems when he has came up against us and from those limited appearances it is hard to see how he isn't a firm favourite. Is it more the "bad apple" tag he's got or is he genuinely very inconsistent?

I suppose being at this level will explain possibly why he didn't make it in England initially - Hearts may be a good move for him. I'm in the same boat as Mongoose: if he leaves, it can only be good news for the other 9 Championship clubs. 

Up until the game against Falkirk in the league earlier this season he'd had, at best, one or two decent performances in league games.  He played well when we beat you 5-1 in the league cup group last season and had a good game when we beat Rangers but he wasn't very impressive at all.

Since the game against Falkirk he's been much better, it'd be a shame if he left but he isn't irreplaceable.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Up until the game against Falkirk in the league earlier this season he'd had, at best, one or two decent performances in league games.  He played well when we beat you 5-1 in the league cup group last season and had a good game when we beat Rangers but he wasn't very impressive at all.

Since the game against Falkirk he's been much better, it'd be a shame if he left but he isn't irreplaceable.

Robertson seems to get the best out of players. Brad McKay and Coll Donaldson looked like a disaster waiting to happen but by all accounts seem very strong and reliable as a partnership. 

If you can find suitable replacements for Raven (who I believe is leaving also) as well as Mulraney then you will be set up nicely for the final two quarters of the season.

I know you have Seedorf and Cooper who can come in to those right-sided positions but whether they're currently good enough to replace DR and JM is another matter.  

Just now, dafcburty said:

Robertson seems to get the best out of players. Brad McKay and Coll Donaldson looked like a disaster waiting to happen but by all accounts seem very strong and reliable as a partnership. 

If you can find suitable replacements for Raven (who I believe is leaving also) as well as Mulraney then you will be set up nicely for the final two quarters of the season.

I know you have Seedorf and Cooper who can come in to those right-sided positions but whether they're currently good enough to replace DR and JM is another matter.  

Seedorf is poor - the right back position is one that kind of worries me.  Maybe Calder could cover there, I'm not sure about any other options.  If Mulreany leaves we have Doran, Cooper and Calder who can play wide.

Donaldson has blossomed, I think he maybe just needed a platform.  Mckay I don't rate as much but he has improved his concentration.  Having a setttled team is a big help, both centre halves have experienced players alongside them every week now.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Seedorf is poor - the right back position is one that kind of worries me.  Maybe Calder could cover there, I'm not sure about any other options.  If Mulreany leaves we have Doran, Cooper and Calder who can play wide.

Donaldson has blossomed, I think he maybe just needed a platform.  Mckay I don't rate as much but he has improved his concentration.  Having a setttled team is a big help, both centre halves have experienced players alongside them every week now.

I completely forgot about Doran. If he can stay fit he'd be a great winger in this league, imo. 

1 hour ago, dafcburty said:

I completely forgot about Doran. If he can stay fit he'd be a great winger in this league, imo. 

He's touting for a start instead of subbing in our local paper today, he should get one but it is a concern still with the time out and injury problems he's had over the last few years.

Another bad result for us today and according to reports we were a poor second in every department, I'm stating the obvious here but if we don't get a capable striker in soon we are going nowhere.

Baird is not up to snuff and presently Oakley tries hard but fails also.

Time to drop Baird and put Doran alongside Bell with Vigurs immediately behind them.

We have a good enough defense right now but it must be disheartening for the likes of Donaldson, Tremarco, McKay et al seeing their efforts and hard work wasted at the front.

Enough is enough, it's time for a radical change.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Austin about to sign for you guys apparently, agreed a deal with us but you lot offered a 'substantial' amount more - likely double and a bit what we did :D 

This must be Nathan Austin just released by Falkirk.

Looked up his stats and with 140 first team appearances he has scored 49 goals, 35 of which were with East Fife.

We're crying out for a forward but at 23 I would have preferred more experience and anyway where the feck would we get the money. 

30 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

This must be Nathan Austin just released by Falkirk.

Looked up his stats and with 140 first team appearances he has scored 49 goals, 35 of which were with East Fife.

We're crying out for a forward but at 23 I would have preferred more experience and anyway where the feck would we get the money. 

There's presumably a tiny bit of money already available, as Raven was offered very reduced terms to stay on. I'm guessing Robbo will try to get shot of Zschusschen and that Elsdon will probably return to Middlesbrough, so we might just free up enough cash to offer him some sort of deal. It is a risk if true though, given how poor he's apparently been this season. 

12 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

A guy not good enough for a team who have been - and this is no mean feat - poorer than us in this league this season.  Hmm.

I would've been delighted had he signed for us, highly rated - Aberdeen and Motherwell wanted him not too long ago. Lost a bit of form but a tall fast striker with a decent goal record not much to sniff at, apparently between ICT and Raith for him. Highest we likely would've offered is 400 or so a week, so guessing he'd be pushing 1k+ at ICT/Raith