"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

As @RiG says, a team we play at least another 4 times after we play them in the group, and two teams we played at the same stage last year.  Would it be too much to ask for a Montrose or an East Fife?  Teams we haven't played in years.

When the SC swings around in January it'll be a fellow Championship side or a Premiership side away as usual.

Edit - I know we drew Edinburgh City then EK this season but that was a complete one off compared to about the last 10 years.

Edited by TheScarf

I see we have HL teams Rothes, Strathspey Thistle, Clach and Forres scheduled for pre season, absolutely no disrespect to these teams but surely we should have scheduled some senior teams.

Peterhead for instance have lined up Aberdeen.

Are we not also due to play hearts in the Angus beith charity game?

I do agree though, would be nice to try play some league 1 or 2 teams every now and again in pre season rather than playing Rothes etc every year. I realise we are doing it on cause it’s cheap but even 1 game would be good.

42 minutes ago, Snafu said:

We've been playing HL sides for years regardless of which league we are in and the main purpose is getting match fitness levels back up rather than the quality of the opposition. The group stages of the League Cup could be arguably an opportunity to try out a few tactics and see how new players blend with the team in competition. There isn't much or any need to put on shows for the supporters, though every now and then we get an English team on a pre season tour of Scotland. Don't know who is up here but it might be nice to get the likes of Sunderland or Blackpool to come up. 

I'd imagine that most of these games against HL opposition the squad would be split into two. A pre season demolition of the Brexit supporters of Elgin City might be a tasty appetiser before hitting the league cup and the Iron 'it just doesn't taste right' Bru' Cup. 

Makes sense.  Most folk in Elgin support Rangers.

OFW pulled off some outrageous saves in games but then typically undid that good work by falling over the ball and kicking it straight to the opposition on more occasions than I care to remember. A good but very flawed keeper.

I was a big fan of Brill and this will sound incredibly harsh on him but I think people rate him better than he actually was because we were doing so well at the time he was around. He was a very solid keeper but I think we have had better than him.

I remember when we had Esson and Tuffey. I always thought Tuffey could’ve done great things for us but Esson just happened to be in the form of his life for us at the time.

No idea if this is just me looking back in the past with tinted glasses on but Mark Brown was fantastic.

Mark Brown was class he just couldn’t save a pen if it was hit straight at him sadly