"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

10 hours ago, UpNorth said:

Sure you’re not just on the wind up? Can’t say I’ve ever seen a tweet notification like that before.

Two words.  Jamie Ness.  

It has to be credible enough to be believed, but incredible enough for people to jump up and take note.  S4L is the master.

On Saturday a Dunfermline fan who claimed he was best mates with Kallum Higginbotham claimed that we (ICT) were after him.

Today Dunfermline have confirmed that Higginbotham has been released...

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

On Saturday a Dunfermline fan who claimed he was best mates with Kallum Higginbotham claimed that we (ICT) were after him.

Today Dunfermline have confirmed that Higginbotham has been released...

Oh boy.  That guy's brilliant entertainment so long as he's not on your team.  The Allan McGregor of lower division midfielders.

He's pish IMO.  Has all the tattoos and the white boots but his end product was horrific on Saturday.

Would fit in at Falkirk actually.

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He's pish IMO.  Has all the tattoos and the white boots but his end product was horrific on Saturday.

Would fit in at Falkirk actually.

The only way is Bainsford.

21 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Weren't we very close to signing him before?  Either Foran or Yogi had quite advanced talks with him as I recall.

Can't have been Yogi, then.

A bit of paper talk going around that we are chasing big Fash (Austin),  would be delighted if we could get him,   not heard any rumours down here, what's the word on the street in Inverness.    Would imagine he would be on a decent wage as well, we are apparently ambitious if you read press reports so you never know.

52 minutes ago, Passionate said:

A bit of paper talk going around that we are chasing big Fash (Austin),  would be delighted if we could get him,   not heard any rumours down here, what's the word on the street in Inverness.    Would imagine he would be on a decent wage as well, we are apparently ambitious if you read press reports so you never know.

Take him please, in fact p.m. me your stadiums postcode I'll drive him myself.

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

Difficult one this, I do recall that Falkirk fans warned us on here that he was injury prone when he signed for us, for me I think there is a good game in the lad but at times he frustrates me with his waywardness when he is clear in front of goal.

It seems that he did have a good loan spell at East Fife 

12 hours ago, Passionate said:

I think he would do wonders in league 1. It’s so annoying ‘cause I think there’s potential but every time he starts to show any kind of form he gets injured. Wouldn’t be upset if he left but wouldn’t be fussed if he stayed mind but hearing he wants to go back to the central belt so my feeling is that he’s leaving.

Edited by Pulp

He had a storming end to last season which had me thinking he would kick on this year but he hasn’t.

No idea what it was down to maybe the classic injuries that he seems to have had anywhere he goes.

There is a player in him but he isn’t worth a wage for us imo. If you can get him playing week in week out for a whole season I have no doubt he would bang in the goals but I’m not sure anybody would get him playing that amount of games

He’s on £800 a week with us apparently. This time last year he was on fire and his goal in the 2-2 draw with Dunfermline in the final game of last season was outstanding. This season though he’s been injured and just doesn’t look that up for it anymore. He has an arrogant streak - the howler against East Kilbride and the MacDonald incident being two examples. There’s probably a play in there somewhere but he’s nowhere as good as he thinks he is and he wouldn’t he a huge loss.

Hearing that Doran to Hamilton Accies is a done deal.
Heard that too as well as another one of your players coming - might be a centre-back.
I've obviously not seen much of Doran but have been impressed whenever I have this season, so I'm quite surprised to see fairly negative comments about him on here. What's the likelihood of him making the step up to the Premiership?

Its odd that some players like Doran if true would look to agree a deal at Hamilton right now before the play-offs are over as we could yet pass each other by and they end up another year in the Championship and us being promoted.

Its unlikely as I fully expect if we play Hamilton that Oakley will come back to haunt us

I think it's more that we are looking to flog them for cash irrespective of whether we go up. That £800,000 loss needs to be eaten into hence why we are (allegedly) trying to flog Donaldson to County.