"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

On 4/30/2019 at 21:36, Highland Capital said:

Chalmers is a reasonable Championship player.  A bit one dimensional but retains the ball well enough and is decent from set pieces.  Don't play him at left-back though.  Could he cut it in the Premiership?  Not so sure.

I get where you're coming from here, like you I have always thought he is a very good squad player who from get go fitted in well but I have been surprised at the amount of recent booster plaudits especially from Robertsons glowing testament press release, as I recall there has been adverse comments on here so I found it surprising that Robbo at the end of the season should comment that Chalmers' loss to the team would be significant.

Young Coll's move is inevitable but I truly hope he will sign for a top six team here in Scotland as I'm sure he will, to do otherwise would damage his potential.

While I applaud the team in achieving third spot I wold like to mention three players that we must retain,  with the almost loss of Coll we should  keep and nurture young McCart as he has been solid in defense and I would like to see him  more in central defense throughout a game.

Lastly Sean Welsh and Tommy Walsh are the two players that for me walk the walk and play the game. 

Austin MoTM - :huh:
Doran Fans POTY - :unsure:
Chalmers Club POTY - :blink:

Pretty much this.

Can see why Austin was man of the match as he got the goal and we didn’t have an outstanding performer.

Do not get Doran as fans POTY at all. He has had about 6 or 7 games where he has been brilliant but the rest he has been ok.

Chalmers well the fact everyone reacted to the news he may be away to County with a generally meh feeling makes the award all the stranger.

Welsh and Walsh have been our best players this season, can’t believe they didn’t sweep all the awards up, outright.

9 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Do not get Doran as fans POTY at all. He has had about 6 or 7 games where he has been brilliant but the rest he has been ok.

Most ICT fans only care about beating County. Aaron Doran  only really turns up for games against County. That's probably why. 

Doran has had a good second half of the season but first half he was pretty anonymous.

Chalmers rumoured to have signed a two year deal with County. Only hold up to the Donaldson deal is the fee.

feellikeshitejustwantherback.jpg

Edited by RiG

49 minutes ago, yoda said:

Most ICT fans only care about beating County. Aaron Doran  only really turns up for games against County. That's probably why. 

This reminds me of the two ICT fans who have personally informed me that they are more interested in Aaron Doran playing well than seeing ICT win.

Why are Inverness letting all their best players - and Joltin' Joe  Chalmers - leave, whent there's every chance of them going up next season?  Would seem very strange that players were signing contracts with rival teams before they find out what division they'll be in.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Why are Inverness letting all their best players - and Joltin' Joe  Chalmers - leave, whent there's every chance of them going up next season?  Would seem very strange that players were signing contracts with rival teams before they find out what division they'll be in.

We've got a decent chance to go up this season let alone next (for the record I don't think we will but we have a chance). Money talks I guess.

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Unfollowed Donaldson on Twitter. That will make him think twice about this move :angry: :angry: :angry: 

I don't understand Roy McGregor funding transfers of Championship players, with his money, and especially with RC's last disastrous spell in PL, I would have thought he would looked to bringing in 3-4 top six established players, to me that would make more sense.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, staggy4life said:

Yes. It was my tweet. He's unliked it since.:wacko:

I'm happy for you and the opportunities social media delivers.

Back in the day, the limit of interaction was confined to lonely wee loons hanging about waiting for the chance of a scrapbook signature.

4 hours ago, staggy4life said:

Yes. It was my tweet. He's unliked it since.:wacko:

Sure you’re not just on the wind up? Can’t say I’ve ever seen a tweet notification like that before.