"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

What is it about the only black player in our squad that perturbs you so?

[emoji23] what?

We took a gamble bringing him in, as he had massive injury problems at every previous club he’s been at but he had ability, as we saw the back end (stop it) of last season.

I had high hopes of him for this season off of that thinking he might finally of got over his injury issues but he clearly hasn’t and I think you can clearly see now it’s taken it’s toll on him.

He genuinely doesn’t look like a footballer anymore. His touch and awareness of the game has completely gone and that isn’t even mentioning him today where after 5 seconds after coming onto the pitch he was down for treatment after going into a 50/50 tackle.

In the financial state we are in we literally cannot afford to be paying an empty shirt which Austin is.

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

His berating of a 17 year old who came closer to scoring in one move than he has in his last how-many games.

Aye, that's fair enough, now that Iain Polworth is moving on to things better, the time is right to scapegoat someone else.

To what purpose?

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

Aye, that's fair enough, now that Iain Polworth is moving on to things better, the time is right to scapegoat someone else.

To what purpose?

Not scapegoating anyone.  Rather calling out an incompetent footballer for very poor unprofessional behaviour.

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

emoji23.png what?

We took a gamble bringing him in, as he had massive injury problems at every previous club he’s been at but he had ability, as we saw the back end (stop it) of last season.

I had high hopes of him for this season off of that thinking he might finally of got over his injury issues but he clearly hasn’t and I think you can clearly see now it’s taken it’s toll on him.

He genuinely doesn’t look like a footballer anymore. His touch and awareness of the game has completely gone and that isn’t even mentioning him today where after 5 seconds after coming onto the pitch he was down for treatment after going into a 50/50 tackle.

In the financial state we are in we literally cannot afford to be paying an empty shirt which Austin is.

Do you think this is lost on him?

It's clear he's desperate to get on and to capture some of his promise and frustration in the intangible nature of his circumstance is understandable.

But to call for him to be sacked?

What's the purpose of booing one of us?

Do you think this is lost on him?
It's clear he's desperate to get on and to capture some of his promise and frustration in the intangible nature of his circumstance is understandable.
But to call for him to be sacked?
What's the purpose of booing one of us?

Of course it won’t be lost on him.

I’m sure he is desperate to get back on the field and prove everyone wrong but at the end of the day his record at us has proved he won’t do that.

We aren’t calling on him to get sacked, as far as I am aware he is out of contract at the end of this season? As such we should not be giving him a new deal as bar 2 goals against Ayr he has done nothing for us this season.

Were people booing him? Never heard that at all, unless it was in relation to going mental at McDonald for not passing to him, when he quite rightly took the shot on, then they were quite right to do so.

Is there just a general settlement for mediocrity around the club now? Seems like everyone is just content on staying in this league.. 

Attendances are at an all time low and there is absolutely no atmosphere generated at games, why? The club don't interact with supporters whatsoever. They should be ramming this club down people's throats to get them to games. Free tickets to schools, ST holders take your mate for free/fiver, free pint at the stadium with every ticket bought. That's just some ideas to get people in the gate. Inverness is growing at a rapid rate with hundreds of new homes being built yet it seems crowds are going down instead of up?

There doesn't seem to be a business or football brain present in that board, financial figures show how incompetent they are. Club's on its arse financially but can afford a CEO who's CV includes forgetting to order seats for Hearts new stand!? Wtf?

Big summer ahead for ICT, part time football would not surprise me one bit. Fair play to Robbo for what he has done, nothing to work with and still pushing for the play offs.

Edited by ThisCouldBeRotterdam

23 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Is there just a general settlement for mediocrity around the club now? Seems like everyone is just content on staying in this league.. 

Attendances are at an all time low and there is absolutely no atmosphere generated at games, why? The club don't interact with supporters whatsoever. They should be ramming this club down people's throats to get them to games. Free tickets to schools, ST holders take your mate for free/fiver, free pint at the stadium with every ticket bought. That's just some ideas to get people in the gate. Inverness is growing at a rapid rate with hundreds of new homes being built yet it seems crowds are going down instead of up?

There doesn't seem to be a business or football brain present in that board, figures who just how incompetent they are. Club's on its arse financially but can afford a CEO who's CV includes forgetting to order seats for Hearts new stand!? Wtf?

Big summer ahead for ICT, part time football would not surprise me one bit. Fair play to Robbo for what he has done, nothing to work with and still pushing for the play offs.

What doesn't help matters is that the chairman and a few on the board know absolutely nothing about football.  I get that the club have to be conservative at the moment and every penny must be a prisoner, but there's just no desire to engage with the town. 

19 hours ago, PB1994 said:

booing him?  they were quite right to do so.

You actually think it's acceptable to boo our own?

Is that the measure of you?

In the context of this business end of the season, how about you, @Highland Capital or anyone else that wants to have a go, explain what positive purpose you think can arise by booing or scapegoating "calling out" individual players......

You actually think it's acceptable to boo our own?
Is that the measure of you?
In the context of this business end of the season, how about you, [mention=60540]Highland Capital[/mention] or anyone else that wants to have a go, explain what positive purpose you think can arise by booing or scapegoating "calling out" individual players......

If one of our players is acting like an arsehole he quite rightly gets criticised for it.

I wasn’t sitting in the North Stand so have no idea what else went on after that so I won’t comment on it.

17 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

acting like an arsehole 

have no idea what else went on

Hmm

10 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Hopefully the reaction from the fans will let him know not to act like such an idiot again.

For clarity, you are actually advocating booing our own?

At this crucial time with perhaps grave consequences in prospect for our club, you support booing our own?

"an idiot"? All I saw was a player down on his luck plaintively bemoaning a moment of misfortune.

I've seen and heard footballer players having a moan a thousand times.

If our level is "arsehole", "idiot" and negative abuse, fill your boots, we'll deserve the fate that this type of self loathing will surely precipitate.

For clarity, you are actually advocating booing our own?

At this crucial time with perhaps grave consequences in prospect for our club, you support booing our own?

"an idiot"? All I saw was a player down on his luck plaintively bemoaning a moment of misfortune.

If our level is "arsehole", "idiot" and negative abuse, fill your boots, we'll deserve the fate that this type of self loathing will surely precipitate.

It was in reference to another poster who said he was getting abuse well after the incident occurred but you carry on with your theories.

While we are at it, what about the 17 year old he went absolutely mental at? You not care about how how he might be feeling going into this crucial time of the season?

They boy made a great wee run into the box going past a few players and was unlucky not to score, 10 seconds later he has someone running over to him hurling abuse but Austin is the victim in this?

MacDonald has contributed more to this season than Austin has.

31 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

It was in reference to another poster who said he was getting abuse well after the incident occurred but you carry on with your theories.

17 year old unlucky not to score, 10 seconds later 

So, to sum up, you have no idea what went on, don't have any comprehension of timelines but you are quite content to sanction the abuse of a player who may well prove to be pivotal in games that could be crucial to our club?

So, to sum up, you have no idea what went on, don't have any comprehension of timelines but you are quite content to sanction the abuse of a player who may well prove to be pivotal in games that could be crucial to our club?

Eh no.

You keep on making things up to suit you though.

I saw exactly what Austin did and I have said I agree with the booing that happened immediately afterwards. As already said I don’t know about what abuse may have came from the north stand well after the incident happened so won’t comment on it.

As you ignored it, I’ll ask again. What about the abuse given to MacDonald? Who also could be pivotal to us in the crucial games coming up over the next month or so?

He is more likely to contribute more to us for the rest of the season than Austin is.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

7 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I don’t know about what abuse may have came from the north stand

As you ignored it, I’ll ask again. What about the abuse given to MacDonald? 

I'm in charge of my comprehension of the events and would seek to be more objective than subjective on the matter.

I've previously given you the courtesy of helping you by fully answering your query on what actually happened.

Thanks for explicitly confirming that you are happy to see our fans booing our own players. I don't recall this happening, not at Telford Street and not up the hill either. I'm not sure why this should be the case in 2019

I'm in charge of my comprehension of the events and would seek to be more objective than subjective on the matter.
I've previously given you the courtesy of helping you by fully answering your query on what actually happened.
Thanks for explicitly confirming that you are happy to see our fans booing our own players. I don't recall this happening, not at Telford Street and not up the hill either. I'm not sure why this should be the case in 2019

You can’t really amend quotes to suit your agenda and make it out as something else though can you?

Glad to see you agree with one of our players getting abused by one of our other players though.

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

1. You can’t really amend quotes to suit your agenda and make it out as something else though can you?

2. Glad to see you agree with one of our players getting abused by one of our other players though.

1. I didn't, rather I removed your subjective nonsense to throw the paucity of your argument in sharp relief.

2. I have done no such thing. Please take more care with your reading. Follow the words with your finger underneath and take your time.

1. I didn't, rather I removed your subjective nonsense to throw the paucity of your argument in sharp relief.
2. I have done no such thing. Please take more care with your reading. Follow the words with your finger underneath and take your time.

1. Apart from you did? It’s not subjective nonsense to not comment on something I didn’t hear. I have only ever been talking about the booing of Austin right after the incident, nothing else. So you have totally ignored everything else I said and quoted the one bit you wanted to see.

2. Every response you have given implies that you do not have a problem with what Austin did. I have asked you a few times how you felt about the abuse MacDonald received from him and how it could impact him over our remaining crucial games of the season and you haven’t given a response.