"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

I see Caley Thistle Together Forever are kicking up a fuss about KO times again.  This time about the semi-final kick off.  Lunchtime in Glasgow isn't ideal but it's hardly the end of the world and if it was after 5, they'd be complaining about little Rupert and Patricia getting home after bed time.  If was Sunday they'd be complaining about it being on the Sabbath.  If it was a 3pm, they'd be complaining that it wasn't on TV.  This is getting tedious and they certainly don't speak for me. 

Edited by Highland Capital

I don't see the problem. Even without your own form of transport its not even a mad rush to get over to the stadium after using public transport. The railway for example down to Queen's Street Station would leave Inverness at 06:50 and reach QSS at 10:15 unless delays, plenty of time to go and get breakfast then walk over to Glasgow Central and get the train for Mt. Florida probably arriving a good hour before K.O.
Are people up here allergic to getting up before 07:00 ffs?
I mean all it asks for is a little bit more effort to get down the road/rail for a Scottish Cup semi final for which it might be years before we get the chance to go to another one.

To add to this, which I totally agree on, when was the last time the Semi Finals weren’t played at this time? You have to be pretty daft to not know it’s going to be an early kick off in the Saturday and probably the Sunday as well.

5 hours ago, Snafu said:

I don't see the problem. Even without your own form of transport its not even a mad rush to get over to the stadium after using public transport. The railway for example down to Queen's Street Station would leave Inverness at 06:50 and reach QSS at 10:15 unless delays, plenty of time to go and get breakfast then walk over to Glasgow Central and get the train for Mt. Florida probably arriving a good hour before K.O.

Are people up here allergic to getting up before 07:00 ffs?

I mean all it asks for is a little bit more effort to get down the road/rail for a Scottish Cup semi final for which it might be years before we get the chance to go to another one.

I did a bit of research earlier.  There are three trains from Inverness to Glasgow on the Saturday that would get you there in good time and a Megabus.  On top of that there'll be numerous supporters buses running, so the transport argument can't be made.  It's just argument for argument's sake.

You'd honestly think some fans had never left the Highlands the way some of them go on.  I remember when we got to the League Cup final, we ran two charter trains for it and one of the ladies involved told me some of the emails she received beggared belief.  People asking how to get from Queen Street High Level to Low Level and how to get to the stadium from the station...a stadium you can see basically as soon as you exit the station.  Perhaps they never had left the Highlands...

Edited by Highland Capital

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I see Caley Thistle Together Forever are kicking up a fuss about KO times again.  This time about the semi-final kick off.  Lunchtime in Glasgow isn't ideal but it's hardly the end of the world and if it was after 5, they'd be complaining about little Rupert and Patricia getting home after bed time.  If was Sunday they'd be complaining about it being on the Sabbath.  If it was a 3pm, they'd be complaining that it wasn't on TV.  This is getting tedious and they certainly don't speak for me. 

Worthy of a green dot, but given its a heavy rip off from my post on CTO I wont bother ;) Strongly agree tho - plenty moany faced fans, no wonder folks say the people of the city doesn't deserve the clubs success!!!

Edited by bdu98196

There's a fair number of our fans who are indeed unbelievably whiney b*****ds.  

I'd bet some would still be unhappy if the game was played at the park across from their house half an hour after their dinner and Robbo brought them a cup of tea at half time.  

34 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I'd bet some would still be unhappy if the game was played at the park across from their house half an hour after their dinner and Robbo brought them a cup of tea at half time.  

Fucking tea? I'd want something stronger than that.

16 hours ago, Fraz said:

Unless they're playing in my front garden I'm no opening the curtains.

Danny MacDonald seemingly away now possibly to rejoin Ross County. What the actual f**k is going!? That's something like 10 people who have left the club since the start of the year. Absolute shambles off the park right now.

We're a fucking omnishambles by the sounds of it. 

I thought this new board and structure was supposed to bring in an era of transparency, communication and businesses acumen? I'd laugh if I wasn't so worried that we are perilously close to administration. 

Hi their just a message to advise the Hawkhill bowling club 1 back Hawkhill Avenue Ayr ka7 3bs is open from 12 for our next home game against Inverness Cawley  buses can park in the car park and is 50 yards from the ground

Pies and home made soup available and bowling club prices for drink we have accommodated most teams  supporters this season