"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Am I alone in thinking this board member posting on CTO is coming across absolutely appallingly?

If you think you may be alone, I invite you to scroll back on this thread to February the 18th and read from there.

20 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Am I alone in thinking this board member posting on CTO is coming across absolutely appallingly?

A cynic might say that the sudden re-appearance and activity (not withstanding the language and levels of communication for a board representative) are telling in that after no more than a few days crowd funding and essentially begging requests appear with a hugely defensive attitude when challenged on strategy or transparency of spending. If this was a genuine attempt by the board to have reached out and got fans on board with cash injections then for me its an own goal and already looking like yet another farce where it could have been so much more if it came to the table with a plan and details.

On 2/26/2019 at 19:33, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

As Sophia said I thought it was a WHOOSH to start with. It feels patronising to me and evidently successfully ingratiating to many. It feels more like a begging bowl appeal than a call to arms. I can even see the fans being blamed for not coming aboard. 

5 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

A cynic might say that the sudden re-appearance and activity (not withstanding the language and levels of communication for a board representative) are telling in that after no more than a few days crowd funding and essentially begging requests appear with a hugely defensive attitude when challenged on strategy or transparency of spending. If this was a genuine attempt by the board to have reached out and got fans on board with cash injections then for me its an own goal and already looking like yet another farce where it could have been so much more if it came to the table with a plan and details.

Coming up with some sort of fan interaction/ integration system is certainly something worth floating and folk have talked it many times in the past, including when we were still in the Premiership.  This is a bit different though, this is someone on the inside, posting with a username that sounds like it came from some 1970s fanzine, acting very abrasively towards the supporters.  At times it almost sounds like if the club gets into real trouble and his idea fails, he can then turn around and say 'Well you had your chance...'  The fans play a huge role already, so it shouldn't be our job to save his failing business, it's his job.

There's just something that feels very off about this whole thing.  This is guy might have been a regular fan in the past, but now he's on the inside and he needs to behave with a bit more professionalism.  His retorts to fans who are skeptical are often very mean spirited and the constant use of swearing and a childish replies 'Could you do better?' turn me off big style.  He can do what he likes in regards to setting up some type of foundation, but I'll not play a part in it.

Edited by Highland Capital

On 2/27/2019 at 20:18, Highland Capital said:

Sheepslagger

And he seems to have disappeared over the last few days as quickly as he appeared. You think after raising such a topic with the undertones of being critical to the clubs survival there would be an attempt to remain engaged and address the valid concerns raised rather than f**k off cos the going go tough.

#Charlatan (and not Tim Burgess)

And he's back. Still looking to go down the crowd funding route yet avoiding answering any questions about where existing money has gone and where anything raised through this will go.

If this is the face of the club to the fans and the strategy for moving forwards then it'll be down the shitter soon. This is tin pot of the highest level IMO.

As I recall these foundations are usually started up independently by fans...and by fans I mean regular fans, not those on the board.  Having a member of the 'inside' start a foundation to keep the club afloat just seems wrong and strange.

57 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but if ICT went completely kaput, would there be serious moves to devolve into Thistle and Caledonian again?

I don't think that would be possible, unless the club went completely bust and two phoenix clubs were set up using the old names.

And now the CEO has resigned.

I was a guest for one of your games during the Dons winter break, and met this lady.

She was very polite, but absolutely hammered us with corporate buzzword speak.

Seemed a fish out of water, and this news is no surprise.

And given she is related to Rae and her husband's company now has the catering contract its probably not been a bad wee stint whether receiving a salary or significant expenses I'm sure its financially been worthwhile for her but maybe less so the club.