"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Well you're all convinced it's never been called Gillons so I shall remove myself from your thread. I'm still right though...

No, you’re ok. Certainly beats having all these obsessed county fans creeping about all the time.

Edited by The Mantis

11 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Just out of interest, how would people on here pronounce Urquhart Castle?....

There's only one way to pronounce it - the way it's always been pronounced.

Urkurt.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

I see the club have appointment a new Vice Chairman, Ross Morrison who has called for the community to rally around the club.

I can't express how badly Inverness needs an injection of youth into their support who will make a noise and genuine atmosphere at games because at this moment its like the club is dying a slow death. Whatever the situation is/was for the young section they had before to be now banned I think they should reconsider what's happened because it seems they were the only group willing to make a sound, and we all know how beneficial it can be having support from the terraces.

It's like the majority of fans are stuck in the dark ages and not willing to take on a younger group and deem them almost "cringe". I'd take them over people who sit on their hands for 90 minutes any day of the week.

Out of curiosity, what was your opinion on them?

When they were supporting the team, they did undoubtedly add to the atmosphere. Some of them let themselves down a couple of times though acting like Danny Dyer wannabes and pretendy hooligans.

Out of curiosity, what was your opinion on them?

The majority of them are utter arseholes who want going to an away day to be like the football factory.

Will give them the benefit of the doubt and say it’s cause they are just kids ain’t they.

No denying they being a decent atmosphere to the Derby games and if they just thought for a minute before doing or saying something completely moronic then they would be absolutely fine.

18 hours ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

It's like the majority of fans are stuck in the dark ages wanking over lower league achievements by players and managers of the past

FTFY

There are few fans who want youth on the park or around the club, its calls for the same old managers & players and looking back on the pre-SC success as some kind of glory years where Pele & Robbo somehow achieved lofty success by winning leagues & diddy cups with a full time team and bigger budget than the competition. MJust look on the only ICT fans forum for evidence of always looking back.

Edited by bdu98196

Its nice that Ross Morrison is taking care to communicate.

I know not if he's using the vernacular to ingratiate with the hoi polloi, but I'm cringing at some of his stuff.

Sexism, homophobic chat and in an age when we're trying to de-stigmatise mental health issues, he's not helping.

(I'm struggling not to believe it's a whoosh)

Edited by sophia
spelling again

The latest CTO poster : 

Back in June 2013 another one of the Scottish stalwart clubs went into administration. Hearts went over the edge and were only saved by Ann Budge and brought back to life . After that the Foundation of Hearts was founded and since then it has grown and provided their club with a steady substantial income derived from their fans.  This looks like sustaining Hearts for the future, as long as the governance remains as it is at present. 

My question is what is the reaction to a similar Foundation being set up ICT and being funded in a similar manner.  eg by fans on a regular monthly basis.

Any cursory glance at out accounts would confirm that to remain in the way we are, and have been, we have lost money over the majority of years we have been in existence, and what we require is a way to have financial security in a similar way to what Hearts have now, but have it in place before the brown stuff hits the fan . unlike Hearts did.

Rather than re invent the wheel , take the basis of what Hearts have done and copy their best bits.

This is a business that at present does not attract enough dosh and cannot continue for ever to incur losses, so we either find a wandering Abramovich with an open cheque book or prepare for the future with a sustainable model, in a similar manner to our Edinburgh cousins.

Thoughts ?

Yes, I have some thoughts on this.

Last time I heard this floated was at last year's AGM where there was a whiff of rebellion in the air.

As it was, one potential protagonist pied it and another cut a curious figure as he revisited battles ancient.

If this is serious I think it would be possible if we have a focused and specific common purpose.

It seemed to me that Hearts had the benefit of an optimistic new regime with none of the negative historical baggage hanging around.

Those two things, I'd suggest, would make a great starting point.