"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

23 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

George Oakley any good? :whistle

I think he's all right although he can be quite hit and miss. His finishing can be very tidy but he'll also miss some guilt edged chances. Puts in a fair shift and useful in the air. I think he'll be a good signing for you guys. Disappointed he is leaving unless we have someone else coming in.

Some goals:

Edited by RiG

I think he's all right although he can be quite hit and miss. His finishing can be very tidy but he'll also miss some guilt edged chances. Puts in a fair shift and useful in the air. I think he'll be a good signing for you guys. Disappointed he is leaving unless we have someone else coming in.

Some goals:
[/url]  
Sounds very much like Rojano from last season. Don't think he'll be first choice anyway.

Certainly risky to rely on a player so injury prone and up and down as Austin, if that's what we are going to do.  

Accies must've come in late as he started the game the other night, ahead of White who has been playing more recently.

Edited by ICTChris

57 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

George Oakley any good? :whistle

He has been unfortunate in as much as the pitch at Inverness has been in such a poor state that each and every time the ball came into his orbit, it invariably took a bad bounce. The outcome was almost always a less than satisfactory trapping and holding up of the ball.

19 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I liked Oakley but I can understand why the club have cashed in.  He was a good player but never a proper scorer.  The way a few of our fans are acting on Twitter, you'd have thought we'd punted Messi.

He's arguably the best of the three strikers we have at the club and we've let him go, seemingly with no one coming in to replace the guy, leaving us with just two forwards (one of whom is barely half fit most of the time) at an absolutely critical point in the season. I can see why fans are not exactly enamoured with this move and are pretty pissed off.

He's arguably the best of the three strikers we have at the club and we've let him go, seemingly with no one coming in to replace the guy, leaving us with just two forwards (one of whom is barely half fit most of the time) at an absolutely critical point in the season. I can see why fans are not exactly enamoured with this move and are pretty pissed off.

100% this. Gutted he has left, especially when we aren’t replacing him but at the same time, and I’m sure I’ve said this before, I think he was at his level.

Can’t grudge him the move at all, total no brainer.

Another cut to the budget and a bit of cash. Trimming to plan for next year in the Championship. Last 2 seasons have shown that even being relatively inconsistent and shite a play-off place is still just about possible but its clear the club wont & cant invest to gamble on that. Given the spending and strength of squad/player at DUtd & County I think the title is gone now and theres no point taking financial risks to enter the gamble of a play-off.

21 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Another cut to the budget and a bit of cash. Trimming to plan for next year in the Championship. Last 2 seasons have shown that even being relatively inconsistent and shite a play-off place is still just about possible but its clear the club wont & cant invest to gamble on that. Given the spending and strength of squad/player at DUtd & County I think the title is gone now and theres no point taking financial risks to enter the gamble of a play-off.

I kind of agree.  If United and County both go up in place of a say, St Mirren and Hamilton, the financial muscle will be almost alleviated as I cant see the latter 2 clubs 'going for it' next year, so financially, it'll be a more level playing field where clubs like us, Falkirk and Partick could have a real title shot.

With United and County here, you can almost right off finishing 1st and 2nd before a ball is kicked.

13 hours ago, RiG said:

Some goals:

I think those two videos are the highlights of his career. Works hard, puts himself about, leads the line reasonably well but couldnae hit a coo on the erse wi a banjo. Be surprised if he scores more than 2 by season’s end.

Although look at Mulraney- looks like he’s more use to Hearts than he ever was to us.

Edited by The Mantis

22 hours ago, RiG said:

We need a goalscorer and that's not what Oakley is (he has less goals this season than the much-maligned Jordan White and Shaun Rooney).  I liked him as a player but with his contract up at the end of the season, I can see why the club are cashing in, especially when he's fairly injury prone.  This is hardly the disaster people are acting like it is.  He was good...but not *that* good.

Edited by Highland Capital