"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

3 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

The last time a successful manager left Inverness for an Edinburgh club it turned into a bit of a disaster for him.

Where is Robertson based? Think I read somewhere that he has a flat in Inverness, but is his family in Edinburgh or close to it?

He lives in Cawdor I think.  He's been pretty based in the Inverness area most of the time since his first spell with us.

It always happens and it always will happen. Maybe one day some gimp will actually stay with us and continue to be successful instead of leaving for another Scottish club and making a cunt of it. 

I had a wee chuckle when Robbo was appointed, thought it would throw Caley down to Partick levels of Championshipness. 

He's proved me completely wrong and actually comes across really well whenever I've heard him. 

To be fair I can't think of any standout manager in Scottish Football at the moment that could step in or be considered for a top managerial job in the EPL,  how many have we seen go down to clubs in england and then return to Scotland within a season or two.

I'm not knocking Scottish football but it is where we're at nowadays.

There was a time not that long ago when every top club down south would have more than a few scottish players in the first team squad.

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I had a wee chuckle when Robbo was appointed, thought it would throw Caley down to Partick levels of Championshipness. 

He's proved me completely wrong and actually comes across really well whenever I've heard him. 

In post match interviews he always gives credit to other teams when it's deserved.

29 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Same here. He's done a good job for Caley and seems to be a decent, level-headed guy. I kinda hope he stays where he is. 

I went out to get the Courier for my old man earlier, it's like a bloody pamphlet these days. Feels like there's about six pages in it. And aye [mention=28028]weirdcal[/mention], pretty sure the ICT shop was up past the clock in the centre to the left, think it became a wee newsagents in the end? Just before you get to Argos, beside the Body Shop if I remember correctly - which is far from guaranteed.

12 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I was horrified when Robbo was appointed at the time but I don't think there's many who could've done any better that we'd be able to appoint.

I mind chatting with you following a defeat to Morton just a few months after Robbo was reappointed. We were in agreement that we'd have preferred Jim Duffy at that point!

17 hours ago, Jarballs said:

I went out to get the Courier for my old man earlier, it's like a bloody pamphlet these days. Feels like there's about six pages in it. And aye [mention=28028]weirdcal[/mention], pretty sure the ICT shop was up past the clock in the centre to the left, think it became a wee newsagents in the end? Just before you get to Argos, beside the Body Shop if I remember correctly - which is far from guaranteed.

Wasn't there briefly an ICT outlet, just before the Scottish Cup final, first right at the entrance to the market off Church street . 

On 19/05/2020 at 23:18, CaleyStan said:

I mind chatting with you following a defeat to Morton just a few months after Robbo was reappointed. We were in agreement that we'd have preferred Jim Duffy at that point!

Was that the same day as your incident with John and the Bairds? 

I still think Jim Duffy is a good manager but would he have done any better than Robbo over the last three years?  I highly doubt it.

On 21/05/2020 at 14:24, Highland Capital said:

Was that the same day as your incident with John and the Bairds? 

I still think Jim Duffy is a good manager but would he have done any better than Robbo over the last three years?  I highly doubt it.

Ha, it probably was the same day. 

No, I don't think many managers could've done a better job, and even more impressive that he turned it around after such an awful start. 

I worry for whoever has to follow him. 

Couple of polls running for The Wyness Shuffle Goal of the Season. Winner from each group faces off for the title. If you're on Twitter get voting!

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

I see the Caley Thistle players are out delivering ice cream.  Surely that breaks furlough rules?

You're allowed to volunteer and work for other businesses while under furlough, so if they arent doing it for ICT then no rules should be broken.