"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

33 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

So Robbo saying that we wouldn’t sell anyone in the last week of the window hasn’t been borne out then.

Are any of these young players we keep hearing about central defenders?

Harper, if he hadn't gone on loan, could have played LB and Tremarco moved into the centre. Not ideal but better than Brad Mckay.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

No idea why it's not been announced yet.

Hopefully another Richard Brittain type transfer back up the A9 incoming...

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

Hopefully another Richard Brittain type transfer back up the A9 incoming...

Cant see why youd let him train with us until it was all agreed.

Suspect after the Stevie May saga this Summer we're waiting until everything is absolutely concrete confirmed before announcing it. Probably just waiting on the SFA.

10 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

So ICT fans, McCart, will he fit in well as the left footed Defender in a 3 ?

They’ve played four at the back all season. Left sided though so who k owns? I notice he was benched for the Scottish Cup game vs Alloa so would be available for Saint Johnstone in the next round?

Are we still going to have a back four come Saturday?? B McKay  Toshney Mchattie & Todorov are our only choices left for CB.

Considering two of them (Mchattie Todorov) aren't natural Centre Backs that's quite worrying. 

Definitely need another defender more preferably a CB  in the transfer window. 

On 26/01/2020 at 14:49, PB1994 said:

Jordan White is not the new scapegoat of ICT. Polworth was class for us and got a lot of undeserved criticism but White is a bang average footballer who is playing a level above where he should be.

He is the new scapegoat cause I don't hear any other ICT players get half the cricticism he does.  It don't matter how good the player is if he is getting all the blame while the rest of the team get barely any stick he is indeed a scapegoat. 

A bang average player who was our top goal scorer last season? I'm not Whites biggest fan seen much better strikers at ICT without a doubt.

But for crying out loud I think he he has more then proven himself of being capable of playing for us in the Championship.

If we can get a better striker then Robbo should go for it. But at the moment I think we can do a lot worse then White & Todorov people should get off the bandwagon. 

He is the new scapegoat cause I don't hear any other ICT players get half the cricticism he does.  It don't matter how good the player is if he is getting all the blame while the rest of the team get barely any stick he is indeed a scapegoat. 
A bang average player who was our top goal scorer last season? I'm not Whites biggest fan seen much better strikers at ICT without a doubt.
But for crying out loud I think he he has more then proven himself of being capable of playing for us in the Championship.
If we can get a better striker then Robbo should go for it. But at the moment I think we can do a lot worse then White & Todorov people should get off the bandwagon. 

He has scored 11 goals in 55 championship games. That proves he isn’t at the level we are currently at. I’m sure he’d be fine for a bottom half team but he is not good enough for a team supposedly chasing promotion.

He is a bang average footballer hence why he is in the Scottish Championship.

15 hours ago, PB1994 said:

He has scored 11 goals in 55 championship games. That proves he isn’t at the level we are currently at. I’m sure he’d be fine for a bottom half team but he is not good enough for a team supposedly chasing promotion.

He is a bang average footballer hence why he is in the Scottish Championship.

Dont think you are painting the full picture tho.

He also scored 7 Scottish cup goals last season to get Caley to the semi final, also scored  2 goals in the league play off against Ayr to get Caley to the play off semi final. So he has scored 23 goals in total for Caley in a seson and half which isnt too shabby.

Dont think you are painting the full picture tho.
He also scored 7 Scottish cup goals last season to get Caley to the semi final, also scored  2 goals in the league play off against Ayr to get Caley to the play off semi final. So he has scored 23 goals in total for Caley in a seson and half which isnt too shabby.

He scored 6 in the Scottish Cup, 4 of which were against Edinburgh City and East Kilbride so that’s not going to change my opinion that he isn’t good enough to be our starting striker if we are going for promotion.

I didn’t realise the playoffs games weren’t included in the 11 in 55.

He had a decent season last year I don’t disagree but he hasn’t backed it up this season and can see why some think we need better. Weather we can actually afford that or find a gem from out of nowhere is another question though.

58 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

He scored 6 in the Scottish Cup, 4 of which were against Edinburgh City and East Kilbride so that’s not going to change my opinion that he isn’t good enough to be our starting striker if we are going for promotion.

I didn’t realise the playoffs games weren’t included in the 11 in 55.

He had a decent season last year I don’t disagree but he hasn’t backed it up this season and can see why some think we need better. Weather we can actually afford that or find a gem from out of nowhere is another question though.

My apologies yes it was 6 last season and 1 this season for a total of 7. However 2 of the 6 were against County so that means he can score against low teams and also against the winners of last years Championship. I suppose he can only play the teams who Caley are drawn with in the cups.

Yes it is strange that the play off games are not counted as league games because it is the league playoff afterall.

Do agree he had a decent season last season and also with maybe not backing it up this season. However I think the loss of Polworth to Motherwell and Walsh this season to injury have had an impact on his goal tally, as  those players had a good number of assists for White last season. So it could be argued  he hasnt been given as good service this season as last.

Still think 23 goals is not a bad return but agree with you it would be good if he could get more league goals.

Edited by bigbulllywee

White has not been at it this season he has had plenty of good service but he has more negative traits than strengths this season. His touch is not great, he is a headless chicken when he wins the ball, outjumping someone half his height is an alien concept to him for some reason and when he does track back and we end up breaking up field he just saunters up the park and is nowhere to be seen for any chance of an early cross into the area.

It's all very well talking about last season but that's not going to get us promoted and neither is his inability to be consistent at scoring goals. He's our main striker and he isn't even our top goalscorer this season.

My apologies yes it was 6 last season and 1 this season for a total of 7. However 2 of the 6 were against County so that means he can score against low teams and also against the winners of last years Championship. I suppose he can only play the teams who Caley are drawn with in the cups.
Yes it is strange that the play off games are not counted as league games because it is the league playoff afterall.
Do agree he had a decent season last season and also with maybe not backing it up this season. However I think the loss of Polworth to Motherwell and Walsh this season to injury have had an impact on his goal tally, as  those players had a good number of assists for White last season. So it could be argued  he hasnt been given as good service this season as last.
Still think 23 goals is not a bad return but agree with you it would be good if he could get more league goals.

Fair point about Polworth, Walsh and even Welsh being out.

It’s not just about the goals for me though. I just think his all round game is lacking on a consistent basis. He will have one stormer and then back that up with 5 or 6 nothing performances. He also misses some guilt edge chances.

I’d still have him at the club to come off the bench and start a few games but would like us to try and get an upgrade in. Fully aware that is far easier said than done.