"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

17 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-7

Decent bit of news coming out of the club tonight.

Great news should shut up a lot of the financial experts . Obviously disappointing for the people who were having a raging hard on about us going "bust". 

On 20/01/2020 at 21:43, RiG said:

Just in time to offer Rooney and McCart 10 year contracts.

Too late.

In all seriousness, how will he fare in the top flight?

I know of him, but can't remember ever seeing him play. McCart, and Rooney, fit the profile of player I love us going for (early 20s/~100 senior games or more), so I'm hoping that works out.

Ideally we could get both in this window, Aberdeen are getting twitchy about Kennedy so might chuck a wedge at us, which would be filtered down your way, would be a horrendous situation to lose three first choice defenders in one window though.

Too late.
In all seriousness, how will he fare in the top flight?
I know of him, but can't remember ever seeing him play. McCart, and Rooney, fit the profile of player I love us going for (early 20s/~100 senior games or more), so I'm hoping that works out.
Ideally we could get both in this window, Aberdeen are getting twitchy about Kennedy so might chuck a wedge at us, which would be filtered down your way, would be a horrendous situation to lose three first choice defenders in one window though.

McCart will do well in the premiership for you.

I really like Rooney, great going forward and his defending is much better than it was but I’m not convinced he can do it at a higher level just now. He is still young though and wouldn’t be surprised to see him improve that side of his game even more and become a solid player.

We really can’t afford to be losing either of them in January though.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Losing Donaldson McCart and Rooney in the transfer window would be mental. Could easily see us Dundee'ing it and collapsing if that happened.

To be fair, even if you do suffer from a collapse there's no one further down the league to worry you.

9 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I really like Rooney, great going forward and his defending is much better than it was but I’m not convinced he can do it at a higher level just now. He is still young though and wouldn’t be surprised to see him improve that side of his game even more and become a solid player.

If Saints do get Rooney then he'll be an immediate upgrade on Anthony Ralston, even if he only has one leg. 

Pleased with McCart on paper, although genuine sympathy for Inverness fans seeing a decent team being ripped apart. 

Edited by Radford

To be fair, even if you do suffer from a collapse there's no one further down the league to worry you.

It’s not about being worried about other teams in the league to be honest. Finishing 2nd is massive when it comes to the playoffs.

With the squad we have just now I’d be confident of finishing second and would think we have a great chance of going to the playoff final and then, depending on who finishes 11th, going up if we have two blinding games in the play off final. However if we end up losing 2 or even 3 of our back 4 this month we might as well finish 5th as we won’t have a hope in hell of going up.

If Saints do get Rooney then he'll be an immediate upgrade on Anthony Ralston, even if he only has one leg. 
Pleased with McCart on paper, although genuine sympathy for Inverness fans seeing a decent team being ripped apart. 

Getting Rooney is worth it just for the utter heads gone you get from opposition fans. He’s a total wind up merchant and it’s fantastic to watch.

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

McCart is a better defender than Donaldson. There aren’t many left footed ball playing centre backs in Scottish football really and he’ll slot into any low/mid Premiership defence no problem.

He certainly ended last season playing better than Donaldson. This season started a little bit bumpy for both CBs and Robbo, unfairly, roasted McCart for the mistake he made against Partick and he seemed to be thrown off his stride for a bit but he's definitely gotten back to somewhere near his best in recent games. I wasn't bothered about Donaldson leaving but I am feeling pretty distraught at the thought of losing McCart in this window.

12 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Scenes when we walk the playoffs with a back four of Tremarco Mchattie McKay and Carson

Mckay Toshney Tremaco McHattie - Deffo need an experience CB in there

Still think we will end up with Berra before the window closes, Robbo calling in a pals favour from Levein and Hearts getting a player out that's publicly been a bit of a faux pas the last few wks.

12 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Mckay Toshney Tremaco McHattie - Deffo need an experience CB in there

Still think we will end up with Berra before the window closes, Robbo calling in a pals favour from Levein and Hearts getting a player out that's publicly been a bit of a faux pas the last few wks.

Move Brad McKay into CB and play I think it's young Harper at RB?