"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Always wondered why Hyde didn’t go in the first place considering he doesn’t seem to be considered on the level of McKay, McGregor, Machado and Harper. Brown is the only one of the Fort players to have played for ICT (Hyde aside) so I wonder if the thinking is to get him to a better side, although Rothes aren’t a whole lot better. Disappointed Harper went out on loan.

I think but I’m not sure that Lewis Hyde and Shane Harkness are still at the under 18 level that all the boys that are on loan at Fort played at last year. So maybe thought he wasn’t ready for highland league at that time?

See that Martin Mackinnon of the original has also been recalled due to injury and Daniel Hoban has went to Fort on loan.

I think but I’m not sure that Lewis Hyde and Shane Harkness are still at the under 18 level that all the boys that are on loan at Fort played at last year. So maybe thought he wasn’t ready for highland league at that time?

See that Martin Mackinnon of the original has also been recalled due to injury and Daniel Hoban has went to Fort on loan.

I didn’t know Hyde was younger, I knew Harkness was though. I assumed Hyde being on the bench a couple of times last season meant he was close to the first team.

Hopefully Hoban plays this time, I don’t think he played at all at Forfar or Elgin.

I didn’t know Hyde was younger, I knew Harkness was though. I assumed Hyde being on the bench a couple of times last season meant he was close to the first team.

Hopefully Hoban plays this time, I don’t think he played at all at Forfar or Elgin.

I like that our younger players are getting sent out on loan nowadays instead of playing youth team games. I’ve been keeping up with Fort Williams scores to see how they’ve been getting on.

Interested to see how many of them actually make a competitive first team appearance for us.

Hobans a strange one for me as he looks a bit short for a keeper. Also wonder if Cameron Mackays deemed good enough for first team action if/when Ridgers leaves.

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I like that our younger players are getting sent out on loan nowadays instead of playing youth team games. I’ve been keeping up with Fort Williams scores to see how they’ve been getting on.

Interested to see how many of them actually make a competitive first team appearance for us.

Hobans a strange one for me as he looks a bit short for a keeper. Also wonder if Cameron Mackays deemed good enough for first team action if/when Ridgers leaves.

From what I’ve seen of Mackay I wouldn’t be that confident with him as the No. 1

16 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

there are no games for those older than 17

From what I’ve seen of Mackay I wouldn’t be that confident with him as the No. 1

I’d like to see him get a run of games getting a random game here and there isn’t much to go on.

But when he played against Falkirk and McShane managed to score directly from the corner was a bit of a shambles

Saw Mackay  fair bit at Rothes last season, & whilst he's got the ability to make some excellent saves, there was also the occasional howler just around the corner, so would need to cut that out to be relied upon at Championship or Premier level.

At least Hoban should now get some regular football at Fort, as since his loans a few seasons back at Strathspey & Brora, he's had virtually no football when back at ICT or on loan at Forfar & Elgin. Must have to have to good inner conviction to keep going week after week over 2-3 seasons when not getting any football other than training & pre-match warm-ups. Mind you, maybe beats doing a proper job for a living?

Saw Mackay  fair bit at Rothes last season, & whilst he's got the ability to make some excellent saves, there was also the occasional howler just around the corner, so would need to cut that out to be relied upon at Championship or Premier level.
At least Hoban should now get some regular football at Fort, as since his loans a few seasons back at Strathspey & Brora, he's had virtually no football when back at ICT or on loan at Forfar & Elgin. Must have to have to good inner conviction to keep going week after week over 2-3 seasons when not getting any football other than training & pre-match warm-ups. Mind you, maybe beats doing a proper job for a living?

He’s still only 23 ish I think, and goalies at that age are always going to make mistakes occasionally.

Hoban will surely make a big difference to Fort and it will be good for him to get games after not playing for a while

On 30/04/2019 at 08:04, yoda said:

I, for one, welcome the news that Uncle Roy is subsidising ICT’s sustainable business model for another season. A real Highland hero! 

Would serve Uncle Woy better if he subsidised better players and management into RC as 2 wins out of the last 15 games is shocking.