"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Playing a target man in a wide position is a tactic first popularised by Egil Olsen, it can be really effective.  Richie Foran played as the left hand side of a '3' in a 4-2-3-1 for several years and was a great player for us.  It gives you the opportunity to hit long diagonal balls and full-backs are often less effective than centre halves in the air so you can get a mismatch.

22 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Butcher had a period of playing Draper as a winger as well for some reason.  I only found out the other day that Butcher is now a coach at a team in China.

Guangzhou R&F[edit]

On 26 July 2019 it was confirmed, that Butcher had joined the coaching staff of Chinese club Guangzhou R&F to help fix the teams leaky defence. He was hired as a defensive coach

1 hour ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Guangzhou R&F[edit]

On 26 July 2019 it was confirmed, that Butcher had joined the coaching staff of Chinese club Guangzhou R&F to help fix the teams leaky defence. He was hired as a defensive coach

Nice and copy and paste bro.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Apparently you might sign him this window, as Motherwell are sniffing around Jordan White. 

Tommy Wright admitted in an interview todays hes contacted ICT to let them know we intend to speak to Shaun Rooney.

1 hour ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

Neither Rooney or White are anywhere near Scottish Premiership quality. Both have been decent for us and I’d like to keep them but we’re simply getting the best out of two decent Championship players. It would kill any chance of us going up, but getting a fee for both of them would be remarkable.

Bombscare Rooney when at Queens strong athletic going forward but not very good positional or defensivly surprises spfl team interested. 

47 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Nah surely that's a wind up.  If anything I thought he would be dropping down a level. 

Was mentioned in the Daily Record article about you signing Shane Sutherland on a PCA 🤷‍♂️

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was mentioned in the Daily Record article about you signing Shane Sutherland on a PCA 🤷‍♂️

As RG says it's on the Record's Transfer News thing. Just after the post about us signing Ndjoli earlier.

Inverness have agreed a pre-contract to re-sign Shane Sutherland, writes Scott Burns.

The striker, who has 23 goals this season, will return to Caley Thistle from Elgin City in the summer.

Sutherland came through the ranks at Inverness in 2013 and has had three spells at Elgin and two at Peterhead since then.

The 29-year-old was also being trailed by Raith Rovers and English non-league sides Dover Athletic and York City.

Sutherland could move in this window if Caley Thistle lose Jordan White who is also out of contract in the summer.

White has also attracted interest from Premier League side Motherwell.

Tbh, Robinson's definitely talked about us not having a big lump in the squad that would allow us to be more direct so I wouldn't be surprised if we had taken a look.

There's every chance I've made this up but I seem to remember chat that we'd shown an interest in him years ago. Possibly while he was at Livi.

Edited by capt_oats

Tbh, Robinson's definitely talked about us not having a big lump in the squad that would allow us to be more direct so I wouldn't be surprised if we had taken a look.
There's every chance I've made this up but I seem to remember chat that we'd shown an interest in him years ago. Possibly while he was at Livi.

I hope for motherwells sake it isn’t true. He will have the odd game where he does look good but I think the fact were are trying to sign a striker from League 2 to come in, who would be starting for us, says a lot about Jordan White.

12 hours ago, capt_oats said:

As RG says it's on the Record's Transfer News thing. Just after the post about us signing Ndjoli earlier.

He did have one good season in the Championship with Livi but if you check his career that one sticks out a mile.