"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

He wanted to leave for you last summer so a move has always been on the cards. I see there is Twitter chat about it today. As above if a PCA has been made I suspect County will try and get him to move in January and we will accept some cash for the guy so we can try and get a replacement in.

This is probably our best / last chance to get promoted for some time. Robbo has done really well to get a decent squad assembled and now it's all going to get pulled apart.

I'm sure you'll find some non-league players or out of favour Scottish players to replace them who'll be just as good if not better, has always been the way with Robertson and it's worked up to this point. Has Donaldson regressed a lot this year? not heard much about him since last season

He's been okay for the most part but has had more Donaldson moments than he did last season possibly because he never got his move I don't know. Can't really be in Donaldson's best interests to stay after signing a PCA with our rivals.

I'm more bothered about losing McCart (which I assume we will do).

We are about to offer Shaun Rooney a PCA according to the courier. Apart from dominating us at least twice, what's he like in general?

He’s bat shit mental and scared of Brian Graham.

Sadly he’s not the figure of fun he once was.

32 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

How many are you expecting to lose this window?

Not sure about this window but Donaldson, McCart, Rooney and Walsh are the big ones out of contract this season so may move on now.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

He’s bat shit mental and scared of Brian Graham.

Sadly he’s not the figure of fun he once was.

Leaving aside the negativity with regards to mental health issues, it has to be recognised, especially in the face of perceived injustices, Shaun Rooney does have his moments.

When this is the case the inevitable booking is followed by a period of time when one's sinews are clenched whenever the next challenge is imminent.

Donaldson isn't yet as good as he thinks he is and I see a fragility about him that may become less prevalent with time. For now and in terms of the top division, I'd see him as a gamble. 

I thought Donaldson was good on Saturday but this season he seems to be having semi-frequent moments of scatterbrain.  He's still been better this season than Dundee United fans will tell you.  The worry for me is if he goes this transfer window, even getting a few quid for him, will be able to properly replace him?  Brad Mckay is absolutely rubbish and I fear he'll be his proper replacement.

We're also now being linked with Shaun Rooney, on a PCA.

We're desperate for defensive reinforcements, so a small chance we'd chuck you a small fee just now to bring him in if we were able to sign him up.

Doesn't sound overly promising what seems to get said about him here tbh, but we're a bit desperate for a right back who can offer something in attack, as our only one just now (Anthony Ralston) literally trips over the ball more than he crosses it.

That's the word on round our way. We have just signed a young centre back in Ben Hall. You guys are about to lose Donaldson. Toshney has did ok for us this season, wouldn't be hard when the other centre backs are Durnan (shudder) and Buchanan. He is injury prone though so I'd say it's a bit of a gamble. He's  been better than both of them tbh. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're also now being linked with Shaun Rooney, on a PCA.

We're desperate for defensive reinforcements, so a small chance we'd chuck you a small fee just now to bring him in if we were able to sign him up.

Doesn't sound overly promising what seems to get said about him here tbh, but we're a bit desperate for a right back who can offer something in attack, as our only one just now (Anthony Ralston) literally trips over the ball more than he crosses it.

You can have Michael Doyle from us he can run fast with the ball just couldn't cross the road 

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

You can have Michael Doyle from us he can run fast with the ball just couldn't cross the road 

He couldn't get a game for us last time we had him.

Toshney doesn’t sound inspiring, but has a lot of experience in the Championship and even a fair bit of Premiership experience. A player who everyone else thinks is shite? Yep, sounds perfect for us.

He’s basically Danny Devine.

Would PT pay a fee in Jan for McCart?

Loosing Rooney & Donaldson would be difficult but in McKay we have a RB replacement (much better there than CB imo), then option to play Tremarco CB or if rumors are accurate maybe bring in Berra alonside McCart

B.McKay  Tremarco* McCart McHattie

*Berra or similar incoming player as cover

Leaves us a little 'light' for cover but not the worst? Personally I'd like us to move on a midfielder to bring in a ball winner/dominant player (a-la Draper mold) who can add some protection for the defence.